Anti Vax / Anti Mask / Conspiracy Loons

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Anti Vax / Anti Mask / Conspiracy Loons

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:56 pm It’s weird though, isn’t it? And I’m generalising here, but the same people who are very much I’m alright jack, not so much as a second thought about people less well off or how society is unfair, are now very much interested in the wellbeing of society as a whole. When theres the potential to pay £10 more tax a month to help others, it’s a bloody outrage. But now they are very much all for making sure society can move forward together.

It’s almost like they still only care about their own liberty and opportunities and are putting on a front.
And the smarter ones are using it for their own political agenda by creating disinformation, confusion and dividing society.

A divided nation is easier to control.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:58 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:07 am
Jack wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:00 am Be funny it it turns out the anti-vax/conspiracy lot were right
Be funnier if the Moon Landing Spiracy theorists.were Righter .

Or the God believers were Right/Wrong !
Or the flat earth society. Now that would be something.
See that made me chuckle Doh .

Just use your sense of Humour & youll never need to
Mix it again . P.S I think you are wrong about Looneyretint .

P.S
Mungo was wrong about Whoever there name was with the banning .
I never use MungOs board
I dont like the bloke & wouldnt waste my time on
anything he is connected to
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Jack wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:00 am Be funny it it turns out the anti-vax/conspiracy lot were right

The Earth is obviously flat and the edge is located in the region of the Bermuda Triangle and if you fall over the edge, you disappear never to be seen again !
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I dont know why these people are so wound up by wearing a mask. The rule of Darwin will reduce their numbers.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm I dont know why these people are so wound up by wearing a mask. The rule of Darwin will reduce their numbers.
I was watching a tv news programme from America where a Covid lady doctor in Tennessee had to leave her job and move to another state because of all the hate she was receiving from anti vaxxers and Republican officials. Meanwhile high infection rates of Covid in that state and many of the deaths are of unvaccinated people. One woman from Tennessee was taking of her worries about the unknown health effects of wearing a mask when going into a shop etc, omg get real, there are many manual jobs which can involve working in hazurdous conditions, e.g dust, paint fumes etc where you have to wear masks for many hours of the working day, done it myself over many years whilst doing my job and touch wood, did my health no harm at all.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm I dont know why these people are so wound up by wearing a mask. The rule of Darwin will reduce their numbers.
I'm not so sure it's the mask that's a problem and more that these are the sort of people that refuse to do it a) because they don't like being told what they should do and b) because they're too selfish to care about the impact they're having on other people and that overrides something so trivial as wearing a face covering,
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Before Covid, I used to think it was weird seeing people walking around London with masks on.

Its mostly right whingers getting their face nappies in a twist.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Those who believe Covid is a hoax also tend to think climate change is exaggerated and Trump was cheated out of the election
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:11 pm
I'm not so sure it's the mask that's a problem and more that these are the sort of people that refuse to do it a) because they don't like being told what they should do and b) because they're too selfish to care about the impact they're having on other people and that overrides something so trivial as wearing a face covering,
I think there's a lot of truth in that. Also, I think I'd add that a lot of people feel so put-upon and powerless generally that when the government says 'you must do this' an almost pavlovian two-fingered response occurs, not unlike Brexit in many ways. The need to exercise some small power of their own trumps any wider public health consideration. Which is also why no-one should expect too much on addressing the climate crisis.

Hey, I combined about 4 threads in one - that's boarding efficiency right there!
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Typical. Trampling all over their Human Rights, enshrined in an Act that type want repealed.

I'm thinking about going to live in the wilderness. I say wilderness but it will need to be close to a pub.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

o-no wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:53 pm
I think there's a lot of truth in that. Also, I think I'd add that a lot of people feel so put-upon and powerless generally that when the government says 'you must do this' an almost pavlovian two-fingered response occurs, not unlike Brexit in many ways. The need to exercise some small power of their own trumps any wider public health consideration. Which is also why no-one should expect too much on addressing the climate crisis.

Hey, I combined about 4 threads in one - that's boarding efficiency right there!
Complacent, self satisfied, smug Boarders need to be watched.
Hugo Ball Boy
Fresh Alias

Post by Hugo Ball Boy »

Yes even my sister at St Mary university is and suggests today that omriconb that is mixed up letters for no crimbo which is the cockney east Enders terms for we will not have any Christmas once more and the prime ministers joke . If he jokes like this he will be in big trouble because people need to make provisions and plans.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:20 am But, but...what about freedom of speech?
Really?
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Taking of which, what's underneath and do all the roots of vegitation poke out the other side? Perhaps all the anti vaxxers should go there.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

WickfordO wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:18 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:20 am But, but...what about freedom of speech?
Really?
No. Not really. I was being sarcastically ironic.

See reply to Apple Wumbles post above for further insight.

Anyway why are you on here. I thought those who posted thinly veiled racist nonsense were banned.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 pm
Really?

Anyway why are you on here. I thought those who posted thinly veiled racist nonsense were banned.
I like reading your thinly veiled sarcasm
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

WickfordO wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:54 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Really?

I like reading your thinly veiled sarcasm
Your are not alone. My other follower says the same thing.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

All of that but there’s also more than a little fear in there as well.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Masks are worn as a courtesy to others, not as a protection to one self.

People who wear the are considerate, those that don’t, arseholes.

That’s it.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 pm Masks are worn as a courtesy to others, not as a protection to one self.

That’s it.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Travelled from Loughton to Bethnal Green on the tube this afternoon , it was very busy and about half the people in the carriage didn't have face coverings on , it will be interesting to see if it's any different tomorrow when I make the same journey with the new rules in place 🤔
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

a) because they don't like being told what they should do and b) because they're too selfish to care about the impact they're having on other people
This is the perfect definition of 'antisocial behaviour'.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I'm thankful for where I live. Almost a 95% vax rate over 16, rights have been restored to the vaxxed, those holding out can do some things, but not as much (can't go in restaurants/retail) until 95% is hit. They're also looking to increase medicare (equivalent to NIC) for non vaxxed to cover the cost of their treatment
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:25 pm
Dohnut wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 pm Masks are worn as a courtesy to others, not as a protection to one self.

That’s it.

I can only assume the latest TV adverts regarding how the virus is transmitted and the changes in mask wearing rules from today are rubbish then, 🤡

Rees Fog is notorious for not wearing masks.

I’d sooner take note of Public Health England.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Will we be required to wear masks at the game tonight and Saturday ? I don't think so , I would be happy to cos we ain't had a lot to shout about the last couple of games 😄