Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Labour Watch

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Much as I hate the Tories, and everything they stand for, I hate the present Labour party just as much.
They both stand for the same things.
I have no idea who I'll vote for next time.
Anyone else feel the same?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:44 pm Much as I hate the Tories, and everything they stand for, I hate the present Labour party just as much.
Why do you hate the present Labour Party?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:44 pm Much as I hate the Tories, and everything they stand for, I hate the present Labour party just as much.
Sad if you truly cannot see the difference. Still butt hurt about that election result?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm
I said in the post. Because Labour stand for much the same as the Tories. Both right wing, the Tories further right than labour.
I dislike Starmer immensely, because he's a liar
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:38 pm
I said in the post. Because Labour stand for much the same as the Tories. Both right wing, the Tories further right than labour.
If you truly Hate The.Story Party
You vote.for the one who can beat them

Its a simplistic view but it works .
Morals & views dont come into it
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

What policies do Labour have that are right wing?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:01 pm

Starmer said just the other day, Labor are the party of business. Labour were always the party of the poor, the disadvantaged etc.
They're just not for me anymore
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:01 pm

Starmer said just the other day, Labor are the party of business. Labour were always the party of the poor, the disadvantaged etc.
They're just not for me anymore
So you will vote to allow the Story Party of Elitism & The mega Rich.
To continue winning elections ?

Until there is a party to challenge other than Labour
Any vote or non vote against Labour is a Tory Vote
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Like it or not, having purely left wing policies will not get Labour into power. So they have to lean to the right
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Story of O wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 am Like it or not, having purely left wing policies will not get Labour into power. So they have to lean to the right
They need to park their tanks back on the Tory Party front lawn as did Labour's finest and best leader, Tony Blair, The only Labour Party leader to win 3 General elections on the trot, the whole bunch of idiots can't even face the same way at the start of any general election race, it's so laughable watching their pathetic manoeuvrings trying to convince the electorate to trust them. When the Sainted Tony went they lost my vote permanently
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Type high wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 am
Story of O wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 am Like it or not, having purely left wing policies will not get Labour into power. So they have to lean to the right
They need to park their tanks back on the Tory Party front lawn as did Labour's finest and best leader, Tony Blair, The only Labour Party leader to win 3 General elections on the trot, the whole bunch of idiots can't even face the same way at the start of any general election race, it's so laughable watching their pathetic manoeuvrings trying to convince the electorate to trust them. When the Sainted Tony went they lost my vote permanently
Is that Blair who lied to the House of Commons about Weapons of Mass Destruction, so he
could get into a war in Iraq, on the pretence of exacting revenge for 9/11, but in reality was so the west could control Iraqs oil?
About 1 million people lost their lives due to that lie, and many of them children
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Jack wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Is that Blair who lied to the House of Commons about Weapons of Mass Destruction, so he
could get into a war in Iraq, on the pretence of exacting revenge for 9/11, but in reality was so the west could control Iraqs oil?
About 1 million people lost their lives due to that lie, and many of them children
I take it you're not a fan of the best Prime Minister The Labour Party has ever had. If ya gonna spout things off like that you'll need proof, prove he lied, you can't, How did we control Iraqi oil, Did you personally nip over to count the dead bodies, yeah like heck ya did, now who's lying, Labour needs him back. Take the hate and rhetoric out of your post then you might get somewhere, as I said before I used to vote Labour till they ousted Tony, so still have some sympathy for them.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Jack wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Nope
Colin Powell lied & the uk did its duty
To its Financial master & followed them.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Rumours that a shadow cabinet reshuffle may be underway. Everyone remember that time Kier tried to get rid of Angela Rayner, but ended up giving her a promotion?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Dunners wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:11 am Rumours that a shadow cabinet reshuffle may be underway. Everyone remember that time Kier tried to get rid of Angela Rayner, but ended up giving her a promotion?
The best reshuffle Starmer could do, would be to remove himself
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:41 am
Dunners wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:11 am Rumours that a shadow cabinet reshuffle may be underway. Everyone remember that time Kier tried to get rid of Angela Rayner, but ended up giving her a promotion?
The best reshuffle Starmer could do, would be to remove himself
A five knuckle shuffle would have more impact.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If twitter is to be believed, Thornberry or Cooper to Shad Home Sec. Milliband out from Shad Cab.

Dependent upon your view, either SKS is sh*tting on Rayner or Rayner is sh*tting on SKS. Neither's a good look.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Moving white van enthusiast Lady Nugee to shadow Home Sec is a mistake
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Admin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:01 pm If twitter is to be believed, Thornberry or Cooper to Shad Home Sec. Milliband out from Shad Cab.

Dependent upon your view, either SKS is sh*tting on Rayner or Rayner is sh*tting on SKS. Neither's a good look.
I would have loved Thornberry to be elected the leader in 2020 ahead of all the other candidates.
I guess she may have been seen by the media as the most capable to challenge Johnson and the Tories, so they rubbished her from day one.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

She didn't make the ballot because CLPs didn't want her

But yeah, it's always the media
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:27 pm Moving white van enthusiast Lady Nugee to shadow Home Sec is a mistake
You reckon? I'd have thought she'd have been a decent shadow to Priti Vacant. Always thought she was a particularly good commons performer. The white van thing was inexplicably stoopid though.

That being said Cooper would probably work well although I've always been a bit meh on Mrs Balls.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:40 pm She didn't make the ballot because CLPs didn't want her

But yeah, it's always the media
I wouldn't have voted for her. I think she's a bit rubbish.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Admin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:09 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:27 pm Moving white van enthusiast Lady Nugee to shadow Home Sec is a mistake
You reckon? I'd have thought she'd have been a decent shadow to Priti Vacant. Always thought she was a particularly good commons performer. The white van thing was inexplicably stoopid though.

That being said Cooper would probably work well although I've always been a bit meh on Mrs Balls.
I mean she's good at doing the media rounds and has name recognition so would be an upgrade on Nick Whothefuck-Symonds

Copper would be the smart move though as she doesn't have the Corbyn baggage and the history of epitomising the caricature of anti-patriotic working class that's painted.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thornberry Vs Patel smug off with added smirks will be rather grim viewing
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

David Lammy. Haha. Oh Labour, you do make me laugh. Totally unelectable but funny.