Replacements

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Replacements

Post by gshaw »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:58 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:23 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm This is very similar to last year this time. Other clubs get their players in before pre season training, and we dont.

Last year I was told by many on here to have patience, and all will be fine
Yeah, things worked out terrible didn't they?

Just have some patience.
Youre like an echo chamber....exactly the same words from you a year ago, and then patience was rewarded with Alabi and Gorman

We won the league DESPITE those signings, not because of them. JE realised Alabi was pants by November.

The early bird catches the worm........he who hesitates is lost !!!!!,
No Koroma and Bonne to bail us out this time. Can't compare NL to L2, definitely going to be a step up and squad depth will become much more of a differentiator.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

So we need to replace a youth player & a young untried league 2 reserve in a hurry do we ?

There's some proper jokers on here during the boredom of summer 🤣😂
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Same twats every season.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:12 pm Same twats every season.
Yep.

Players just return to training Five+ weeks until the season starts and usual suspects start their nonsense.

I guess every team has them, we just seem to have proportionally more than most.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Same twats every hour of every day of every week of every month of every season!
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm This is very similar to last year this time. Other clubs get their players in before pre season training, and we dont.

Just have some patience.
Youre like an echo chamber....exactly the same words from you a year ago, and then patience was rewarded with Alabi and Gorman

We won the league DESPITE those signings, not because of them. JE realised Alabi was pants by November.

So Alabi scored in injury time vs Halifax to give us a point and scored the 2nd in a 2-0 win at Maidenhead that’s 4 points and a plus goal difference
I think Alabi won us the league😋
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 pm
Same twats every hour of every day of every week of every month of every season!
Problem is sometimes those twats prove to be right.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:36 pm
LittleMate wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 pm
Problem is sometimes those twats prove to be right.
Massageboard staple
" Even a broken clock is correct twice a day " .
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Just have some patience.

What about the several others who have replied to you along the same line?

I haven't claimed we won the league because of Gorman and Alabi. I am responding to your point where you said "Last year I was told by many on here to have patience, and all will be fine". Things did work out fine.

There is a process and we are following that. It's not the club's fault that you are an impatient old man, it's yours.

Also not really sure why you are using clichéd old fashioned sayings that don't really make sense in a football context (I could counter with other old dumbed down expressions like "patience is a virtue" and "everything comes to he who waits", but I'm more intelligent than that). It shows you haven't adjusted to the modern world (backed up by Sid Bishop liking your post). Does only the early bird catch the worm? Or are you saying being early is a bad thing because all you get are worms? Does the intelligent bird evaluate what is available before deciding to eat since better food sources will be available? Or that if he waits there is less competition for the juicier morsels because other birds are full up on worms? As usual you haven't thought things through.
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Top of the West. wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:30 pm
Yep.

Players just return to training Five+ weeks until the season starts and usual suspects start their nonsense.

I guess every team has them, we just seem to have proportionally more than most.
Can't wait for the new kit to come out.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Lucky7 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Just have some patience.

So Alabi scored in injury time vs Halifax to give us a point and scored the 2nd in a 2-0 win at Maidenhead that’s 4 points and a plus goal difference
I think Alabi won us the league😋
Maybe if he scored a few more it would not have mattered about the Halifax goal as we could have been well away by then.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Gawd blimey people i keep tellin ya ...Alibi will be a star if he's taken off the list 👍👍
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

So the upshot is it don’t matter about who we sign and when because, like last season despite two poor signings we were still champions.

So ML just bring in another two numpties who do naff all, preferably one off the back of a serious injury, because we gonna win the league anyway. Like last season. No need to do anything different is the message from those going on about it all say it worked OK last season.

One way of looking at it I suppose. It could work again. But then again I can’t remember us losing such key players last term. But hey ho, were gonna win the league, were gonna win the league.
Luckybay1969
Fresh Alias

Post by Luckybay1969 »

I am not sure why we get abusive to each other but we clearly need re-enforcements as we have just lost our 2 best strikers and are short in midfield/ wing as Jobi will not play as much this year (and Dayton) not re-signed as yet.. We all want the same thing and would like some of the cash spent but we may have to be practical and realise that a lot of the cash will be used to keep the club running etc. We probably should be patient but we was quick enough in selling our prize assets so you can understand the concern (supported O’s for 45 years and history tells me we won’t be spending much never do).. I suggest it was great management and a great togetherness that got us over the line and a change of formation to cover up our limitations (which we have more this year at present it can be argued).. Everyone should have an opinion and we are thankful to our great owners and the loss of our leader, but we are desperate to build not go backwards .
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Personally I'll be happy with a comfortable mid to upper table finish. Squads will play a bigger part this season, more substitutes allowed and generally better teams, means more reliance on depth. Currently we lack depth in key areas. A lack that is more likely to be exposed in L2 against better players and better managers.

We have lost a number of players, In Bonne and Koroma massive players, but also in midfield where despite being champions we were exposed all too often. I agree, we cannot rely on Jobi for a whole season. Wilkinson seems a decent replacement for Bonne. Wright for Lawless is hopefully an upgrade. But that still leaves the current squad far worse off than the one that finished last season in my opinion, in a better quality division. That to me is going backwards by some way.

Of course players will come in and hopefully in time to allow them to get a decent preseason and gel with team-mates so as a group we hit the ground running. I hope the players that do come in are of a level that add quality to the squad and not players who just make up the numbers.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I don’t think it’s controversial to say as of right now we are weaker than last year and in a higher division. That obviously needs to change and signing 2 or 3 stop gaps won’t cut it. We need a central midfield player that we spend good money on. It’s critical. One more forward at least. I would like another winger as well as don’t rate either Brophy or Dayton but others may disagree.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Beradogs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 pm I don’t think it’s controversial to say as of right now we are weaker than last year and in a higher division. That obviously needs to change and signing 2 or 3 stop gaps won’t cut it. We need a central midfield player that we spend good money on. It’s critical. One more forward at least. I would like another winger as well as don’t rate either Brophy or Dayton but others may disagree.
Has Dayton signed yet? Will his injury affect his future ability?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Last year I was told by many on here to have patience, and all will be fine......then we signed Alabi & Gorman!!! two of the worst signings ever.

Last year we hadnt let about 6 players go, at the end of the previous season, which we have now.

Weve signed two, and we need four more IMO. Pre season training starts tomorrow i think, so the clubs got less than 24 hours......I'll leave it there
You are aware that teams don't just go back to pre-season with the squad they have available, right?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 pm I don’t think it’s controversial to say as of right now we are weaker than last year and in a higher division. That obviously needs to change and signing 2 or 3 stop gaps won’t cut it. We need a central midfield player that we spend good money on. It’s critical. One more forward at least. I would like another winger as well as don’t rate either Brophy or Dayton but others may disagree.
A very sensible post that says it as it is.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:01 pm Personally I'll be happy with a comfortable mid to upper table finish. Squads will play a bigger part this season, more substitutes allowed and generally better teams, means more reliance on depth. Currently we lack depth in key areas. A lack that is more likely to be exposed in L2 against better players and better managers.

We have lost a number of players, In Bonne and Koroma massive players, but also in midfield where despite being champions we were exposed all too often. I agree, we cannot rely on Jobi for a whole season. Wilkinson seems a decent replacement for Bonne. Wright for Lawless is hopefully an upgrade. But that still leaves the current squad far worse off than the one that finished last season in my opinion, in a better quality division. That to me is going backwards by some way.

Of course players will come in and hopefully in time to allow them to get a decent preseason and gel with team-mates so as a group we hit the ground running. I hope the players that do come in are of a level that add quality to the squad and not players who just make up the numbers.
@dOh Nut
Good comment by yourself, YES we are in a higher division, YES we do need strengthening in the midfield area. Also we have lost our two best forwards, so again YES good replacements needed. How can anyone argue against the valid points you made, but then again, this is the Leyton Orient forum so no doubt others will not agree with your point of view !! Lastly Dayton still not signed and also an injury doubt about his fitness level if he does play next season for the Os, so may need to think about another winger to add to the list of new players to get in !
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:18 pm
A very sensible post that says it as it is.
Not really. It's just stating the obvious and nothing that everyone doesn't already realise. Not sure where the insight in "we've sold a few players, released some others and not replaced them so we must be weaker" is?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:01 pm Personally I'll be happy with a comfortable mid to upper table finish. Squads will play a bigger part this season, more substitutes allowed and generally better teams, means more reliance on depth. Currently we lack depth in key areas. A lack that is more likely to be exposed in L2 against better players and better managers.

@dOh Nut
Good comment by yourself, YES we are in a higher division, YES we do need strengthening in the midfield area. Also we have lost our two best forwards, so again YES good replacements needed. How can anyone argue against the valid points you made, but then again, this is the Leyton Orient forum so no doubt others will not agree with your point of view !! Lastly Dayton still not signed and also an injury doubt about his fitness level if he does play next season for the Os, so may need to think about another winger to add to the list of new players to get in !
News of two forwards coming in a week or so in according to Travis. That suggests to me one of decent quality a first 11 starter and a bench player. Alabi, despite me thinking he would figure, may not. Assume job done as far as strikers are concerned. Good news

What concerns me is what he didn't say, such as a CM coming in. Going with what we have is a major concern. I felt all too often last season we got bossed in midfield. I sincerely hope we are also looking for a strong CM player.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Some "stating the obvious" posts, good, sensible stuff. I just hope Ling is of the same opinion.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 pm

@dOh Nut
News of two forwards coming in a week or so in according to Travis. That suggests to me one of decent quality a first 11 starter and a bench player. Alabi, despite me thinking he would figure, may not. Assume job done as far as strikers are concerned. Good news

What concerns me is what he didn't say, such as a CM coming in. Going with what we have is a major concern. I felt all too often last season we got bossed in midfield. I sincerely hope we are also looking for a strong CM player.
Why do you need reassurance over what he didn't say? Do you honestly feel with two midfielders leaving, one likely not going to play every week and one joining that there will not be at least one more coming in? Why do Orient fans need their hand held through things like this?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:42 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 pm

@dOh Nut

Why do you need reassurance over what he didn't say? Do you honestly feel with two midfielders leaving, one likely not going to play every week and one joining that there will not be at least one more coming in? Why do Orient fans need their hand held through things like this?
We don't. At the end of the day what us fans want or think counts for zero. Its not our club, we have no influence and our opinions count for naff all . We just buy tickets and turn up for matches in the hope of good results and get the odd accolade of a valuable 12th man. Anyone who thinks we matter any more than that is delusional. We just contribute to the finances.

But a bit of fun speculating and posting on this forum is not too much to expect. We all know it matters not.