Woke watch.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Woke watch.

Post by tuffers#1 »

is that the lesser board ?

where they have a 3 page thread about the weather &
even.a say it to my face moment on a sam ling thread .
🤣🤣🤣
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:23 pm Calls for BBC to apologise.over article thay quoted lesbians who felt "pressured into sex by some trans women".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59074096
Honestly don't know what to believe. Seems like there are some very noisy activist types who will shout down anything bad said about the trans community.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

"The women quoted in the piece said they had received a backlash for stating that they are attracted only to women who are biologically female."

Woke brigade out in full force there
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thats like calling people homophobic if theyre not bi.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

The crux of the issue seems to be that if a lesbian meets a trans man in bar, and they hook up, when the clothes come off and the lesbian spots the wedding tackle, the trans lobby takes issue if she then says thanks but no thanks just because she's turned off by the "maleness" of that person.

As explained by the trans lobby: A transgender woman with a deep voice, a square jaw, and a penis that you do not want to have sex with is not a man. She is a woman that you don’t find attractive.

It's all very complicated.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

It’s madness. Lesbians are, by actual f*cking definition, attracted to the same sex. Not a man with a cock dressed as a woman. It’s that simple. To be called transphobic because you don’t feel attracted to that is lunacy. The way that the trans activists are reacting to this with aggression, threats of violence and rape and worse, suggests that they still haven’t got rid of their typical male traits. The fact that almost all trans women seem to still be attracted to females seems to me that a lot of it is some sort of fetishism rather than actually wanting to be female.

As it happens I work with a trans woman. I still refer to him as that, because I’ve known him for years and I kept getting it wrong and in the end he just said “f*** it, call me what you want, I’m really not bothered”. He’s dated a few women, some of whom were lesbians, and he described meeting one who’d never seen a penis before and who had literally no idea what to do with it, but he wasn’t a tw*t about it, they laughed and that was that. He didn’t call her a terf or whatever. So in short he’s one of those who support women in this.

I read the original article in question and it’s a very thoughtful piece. For the likes of Stonewall to call it a disgraceful article makes me shake my head. It’s like some people are so keen to be seen to be inclusive that they’re riding roughshod over the views and rights of actual biological women. And that isn’t right.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but nowhere else for it

Half of Brits to offer healthy snacks to trick or treaters this year because sugary treats are bad for you.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16568981/ ... halloween/

Not much of a treat then.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

a treat for your body though
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Doesn't everyone just hand them a toffee onion - or is it just me?
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:23 pm Calls for BBC to apologise.over article thay quoted lesbians who felt "pressured into sex by some trans women".

Thing is, trans people are just people, and like any broad group of people, a small minority of them will say and/or do bad things.

I think the objection to that BBC article is absolutely fair:

"The implications proposed by this article suggest that transgender women generally pose a risk to cisgender lesbians in great enough numbers that it is newsworthy, and something the general public should consider as a common occurrence rather than a matter of incredibly rare, isolated experiences"
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

oxo wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:46 pm

Thing is, trans people are just people, and like any broad group of people, a small minority of them will say and/or do bad things.

"The implications proposed by this article suggest that transgender women generally pose a risk to cisgender lesbians in great enough numbers that it is newsworthy, and something the general public should consider as a common occurrence rather than a matter of incredibly rare, isolated experiences"
It's become a very polarised "debate"/extension of the culture war.

I'm confused that so many feminists are focused on starting a war with a few "extreme" trans warriors when the biggest obstacle to emancipation and full equality is men.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Its a fair point, but are there any numbers to back things up from either side?
Jeanluc
Fresh Alias

Post by Jeanluc »

This whole thing is really getting me down. Feminists v transgender activists. Woke warriors cancelling everyone who doesn't share their world view. Men and women are different - no they're not, they have to be equal. But how many 'men' have vaginas? Misogynists always claim that men are better at sports then women. But if that's the case, how come Laurel Hubbard only started winning gold medals after she transitioned?

Like Insulate Britain, there's a worthy cause in there somewhere but if you go about pushing your point in the wrong way (and who's to say what's wrong?), those who really need to defend trans people against victimisation, ridicule and outright discrimination get labelled as the bonkers woke brigade who would happily see someone lose their job and/or get a visit from PC Plod for getting a personal pronoun wrong.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Problem with the debate is it forces people to say things like men can have a cervix on pain of career destruction or hounding our of your job.

There's always going to be a problem when people are forced to say things that they know/believe to be unsure for self preservation

It's very Soviet
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:19 pm

Its a fair point, but are there any numbers to back things up from either side?
I think its hard to get numbers about the people themselves -- lots of trans people keep the fact that they are trans secret for obvious reasons, and lots of people who have been sexually harassed/assaulted (by anyone) also don't report it (fear, shame, police don't do anything about it).

YouGov did a survey of >1000 people last year, asking the general public whether they thought trans people should be able to self-identify their own gender, and overall about half said 'yes', a quarter said 'no' and another quarter said 'don't know'. Women were actually more likely (than men) to support it.

On the topic of numbers, I think the 80 women the BBC journalist surveyed were picked by (drum roll) the journalist herself. What better way to get the outcome you want?
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Is a woke simply somebody who doesn't agree with your opinion?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It has no real meaning. But for the purpose of this thread we're mainly focusing on the extreme lunacy that you tend to get with any movement, mainly for our own entertainment purposes.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Anyway, back to business:

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

What the hell is a bugman?

I don't get this, we can see what you look like.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Doesn't matter, they may identify as something else
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

‘Zimbo’ declared a racist slur by woke lefty metropolitan Yorkshire elite.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:34 pm ‘Zimbo’ declared a racist slur by woke lefty metropolitan Yorkshire elite.
Stop doing Woke Watch wrong.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Dunners wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:40 am Anyway, back to business:

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a3 ... 18-months/

Does Nigel know that Papa was cancelled by lefty elites?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Just heard something the Mrs is watching on tv where they're talking about breast cancer and saying it doesn't just affect women, it affects men and non binary people too. Ffs.