Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Would You Support Another Lockdown?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 66

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Would You Support Another Lockdown : POLL

Post by Thor »

I can't believe that you lefties want to give up you're freedoms! Unbelievable Jeff!!

Tell me how a f*cking covid passport is going to stop anyone passing on the virus? It won't. If you've been double jabbed why are you worried if someone has not been jabbed? Don't you have confidence in the vaccine the ?

You've all been conned and you're still falling for the same sh*t. 3 weeks to flatten the curve, get the vulnerable jabbed and the rest will be ok. Get jabbed, get double jabbed now get you booster. f*** me you've all been played like a stage play.

It would not surprise me if the delta variant was the vaccine itself!! We have more people testing positive, and the death rate increase since we've been getting jabbed. But like everything to do with covid you'll say its a coincidence.

Did you see the 2 kids in the USA who went to Walgrave for a flu shot? They were given the covid jab in error and now have been got heart problems which will be with them for life. You've been warned and you were not listening, anyone who let's their kids get jabbed might as well play Russian roulette with their life.

The rubbish written in this thread is absolutely mind blowing. Just sit in your house and don't come out again whilst I'm going to carry on with my life and enjoy it. Never been jabbed never been tested and won't ever do either. The powers that be are absolutely laughing at you all for doing what you're told whilst they live their lives without hindrance, no masks, no social distancing, flights in and out the country while you do as you're told.

Its time to stand up and be a man or women and stop being a crushed by the state and fight back otherwise our grand parents and great grandparents would have died in wars for nothing.

Rant over.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Here’s the report I was referring to in response to Tuffers. Someone else asked for the source, here it is. The facts are as follows.

402 deaths in double vaccinated out of 47,008 cases
253 deaths in unvaccinated out of 151,054 cases

It is quite clear that more unvaccinated are testing positive by the power of three, yet the deaths are more or less half of the double vaccinated. You are seeing more people die from being double vaccinated than if you just let your body deal with it naturally like it is well capable of doing.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ing_20.pdf
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:51 pm Here’s the report I was referring to in response to Tuffers. Someone else asked for the source, here it is. The facts are as follows.

It is quite clear that more unvaccinated are testing positive by the power of three, yet the deaths are more or less half of the double vaccinated. You are seeing more people die from being double vaccinated than if you just let your body deal with it naturally like it is well capable of doing.

Maybe those vulnerable to it are almost 100% likely to be vaccinated and kids who won't die are accounting for the unvaccinated

Maybe
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

There's just so many stupid ,selfish ,ignorant people out there with all sorts of excuses. Cant breathe with a mask on ,makes me hot ,cant see your lips moving . Then as far as vaccines go ,it's against my religion ,you never know what the government are putting in me ,it made me ill ,it hurts so much .Boo Hoo, grow up and get on with it .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

soloman wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:01 pm There's just so many stupid ,selfish ,ignorant people out there with all sorts of excuses. Cant breathe with a mask on ,makes me hot ,cant see your lips moving . Then as far as vaccines go ,it's against my religion ,you never know what the government are putting in me ,it made me ill ,it hurts so much .Boo Hoo, grow up and get on with it .
I'm not a fan of almost everything you post but that was very good.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 pm It would not surprise me if the delta variant was the vaccine itself!! We have more people testing positive, and the death rate increase since we've been getting jabbed. But like everything to do with covid you'll say its a coincidence.
Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 pm The rubbish written in this thread is absolutely mind blowing.
👀
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 pm I can't believe that you lefties want to give up you're freedoms! Unbelievable Jeff!!

Tell me how a f*cking covid passport is going to stop anyone passing on the virus? It won't. If you've been double jabbed why are you worried if someone has not been jabbed? Don't you have confidence in the vaccine the ?

You've all been conned and you're still falling for the same sh*t. 3 weeks to flatten the curve, get the vulnerable jabbed and the rest will be ok. Get jabbed, get double jabbed now get you booster. f*** me you've all been played like a stage play.

It would not surprise me if the delta variant was the vaccine itself!! We have more people testing positive, and the death rate increase since we've been getting jabbed. But like everything to do with covid you'll say its a coincidence.

Did you see the 2 kids in the USA who went to Walgrave for a flu shot? They were given the covid jab in error and now have been got heart problems which will be with them for life. You've been warned and you were not listening, anyone who let's their kids get jabbed might as well play Russian roulette with their life.

The rubbish written in this thread is absolutely mind blowing. Just sit in your house and don't come out again whilst I'm going to carry on with my life and enjoy it. Never been jabbed never been tested and won't ever do either. The powers that be are absolutely laughing at you all for doing what you're told whilst they live their lives without hindrance, no masks, no social distancing, flights in and out the country while you do as you're told.

Its time to stand up and be a man or women and stop being a crushed by the state and fight back otherwise our grand parents and great grandparents would have died in wars for nothing.

Rant over.
Even by your extremely low standards, that is remarkably stupid. I'm impressed!
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:51 pm Here’s the report I was referring to in response to Tuffers. Someone else asked for the source, here it is. The facts are as follows.

The report you quote is primarily about studies of variants. The numbers mentioned above are just a small fraction of the deaths over the period of the report.

The ONS report covering Jan 2021 to Jul 2021 (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... d2july2021) has details which reflect what has been more widely reported in the press (eg https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... -19-deaths) - that being double vaccinated greatly reduces your chances of dying from covid-19.

There don't seem to be any numbers yet past July 2021 but I doubt it's anything significantly different. One thing to note is that as the number of people double jabbed rises, so does the number of double-jabbed deaths - something that will no doubt be used as "evidence" that the vaccine doesn't work. If everyone was jabbed, then everyone who died would be jabbed.

I'm not in favour of another lockdown (restrictions on meeting family, shutting down of hospitalty, etc) but I am in favour of most of the other things mentioned above (compulsory masks, social distancing, WFH, etc).
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

BoniO wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:26 pm
Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 pm I can't believe that you lefties want to give up you're freedoms! Unbelievable Jeff!!

Rant over.
Even by your extremely low standards, that is remarkably stupid. I'm impressed!
He's to far down the Rabbit Hole
best leave him be
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

George wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:16 am
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:33 am It's very unlikely that Boris and his cronies will call another lockdown because they are only interested in the economy. Lives don't really
mean anything to them as long as Britain keeps on producing. Once again it's money over lives. Herd immunity is what these clowns want.
This government has blagged it's way through this whole pandemic.
Let’s have a lockdown then . Oh , apart from everyone who produces and sells you food , those that keep you warm and supply heat and power to your house , the emergency services who keep you safe , building and maintenance gangs , petrol stations so you can still drive.
Still , at least you will be safe
If you read what I posted before you went all frothy at the mouth, I said it was unlikely that our glorious leader would call another lockdown
for reasons stated. I did not, personally, call for another lockdown.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The facts are you are more likely to die of covid if you are double jabbed than if you are not. They are facts, government produced facts.

Believe what you want, but the facts speak for themselves.

I wish you all well and good health. Keep your chin up and stay positive.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:30 pm The facts are you are more likely to die of covid if you are double jabbed than if you are not. They are facts, government produced facts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

🙏
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

I've had a look at the report you linked to (not the graph, but the actual government report for February to July). As faldO mentioned, it's primarily about variants, but even so, you've misinterpreted the data.

The crux of the issue here is that older, more vulnerable people were much more likely than everyone else to have been double jabbed for the period the report is about.

The table that you've referred to with your numbers includes the number of admissions and deaths by age group (under 50 or over 50). The fact that you've left out (either because you didn't look closely enough or because it doesn't fit your narrative) is only 2% of the unvaccinated patients during this period (about 1 in 50) were over 50, vs 46% of the of the vaccinated patients (about 1 in 2). Because of the order in which vaccinations were carried out, this cohort also represented the most vulnerable members of society.

Whats even worse for your argument is that if you actually do the maths (I can type it out if you really want) of those included in this report, 2% of the vaccinated under-50s died, vs 6% of the unvaccinated under-50s.
Last edited by oxo on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:30 pm The facts are you are more likely to die of covid if you are double jabbed than if you are not. They are facts, government produced facts.

That's not even close to true. I can't figure out if you're being dishonest or if you've just misunderstood/been sucked in, but the fact is that good people are dying as a result of the spread of this sort of ignorance.

Here is a much more recent government report (week 37, up until September 11, 2021):

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _37_v2.pdf

From page 17
Emergency care.png
Emergency care.png (40.83 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
From page 18
28 days.png
28 days.png (33.97 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
60 days.png
60 days.png (41.57 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I have changed my mind. A lockdown can’t come soon enough so I don’t have to watch Orient anymore. The sooner they stop crowds going , the better
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Do you still ban on here for calling Thory thick?

As others have said a lockdown could be avoided with just a bit of sense. I'm absolutely exhausted from work, a job Inised to love has become a grind and we're in for a far shitter winter than we need to have because of our idiot in chief and Dimwit cheerleaders like Thory. Cheers, you utter cock.
CromwellO
Fresh Alias

Post by CromwellO »

Rant over.
Thor, I don't believe you're not vaccinated or have never tested etc.
Why is that you may ask...
You've just blown your cover by saying you have tickets to see The Foo's next year. There's no way you will be going to a stadium gig without proof of vaccination or a negative test.
Don't worry, DM me nearer the time and I will buy your ticket off you. (Didn't post this on the Dave Grohl thread as I didn't want to ruin it) HTH
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

False actually, and thats another ban for you for posting this rubbish. The only one being duped and needing to wake up is you.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Well done!
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Seems the threat of the yes vote has impacted people's behaviour

PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

If vaccinations and the wearing of masks in public was compulsory theyd be no need to even consider another lockdown.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:35 pm Seems the threat of the yes vote has impacted people's behaviour
I understand the PM regularly contributes to this forum.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

PutneyO wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:48 pm If vaccinations and the wearing of masks in public was compulsory theyd be no need to even consider another lockdown.
At the cup match last week, I saw only a handful of others wearing a mask to enter / leave the West Stand. :(((
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

It wouldn't work people are sick of it now and are less scared of covid and wouldn't pay attention. Unless you closed down the country or militarised it. I am not advocating this.
All it would do is terrorise the few germaphobes and isolate the disabled.