The Pandora Papers.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

The Pandora Papers.

Post by Sid Bishop »

Tony Blair mentioned amongst many other rich people and world leaders.
The secret wealth and dealings of world leaders, politicians and billionaires has been exposed in one of the biggest leaks of financial documents.
Some 35 current and former leaders and more than 300 public officials are featured in the files from offshore companies, dubbed the Pandora Papers.
They reveal the King of Jordan secretly amassed £70m of UK and US property.
They also show how ex-UK PM Tony Blair and his wife saved £312,000 in stamp duty when they bought a London office.
The couple bought an offshore firm that owned the building.
The leak also links Russian President Vladimir Putin to secret assets in Monaco, and shows the Czech prime minister Andrej Babis - facing an election later this week - failed to declare an offshore investment company used to purchase two villas for £12m in the south of France.
It is the latest in a string of leaks over the past seven years, following the FinCen Files, the Paradise Papers, the Panama Papers and LuxLeaks.

Pandora Papers: Secret wealth and dealings of world leaders exposed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58780465
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: The Pandora Papers.

Post by The Mindsweep »

And still people will doff their caps and vote to keep the world working against them
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:01 pm Tony Blair mentioned amongst many other rich people and world leaders.
The secret wealth and dealings of world leaders, politicians and billionaires has been exposed in one of the biggest leaks of financial documents.
Some 35 current and former leaders and more than 300 public officials are featured in the files from offshore companies, dubbed the Pandora Papers.
They also show how ex-UK PM Tony Blair and his wife saved £312,000 in stamp duty when they bought a London office.
The leak also links Russian President Vladimir Putin to secret assets in Monaco, and shows the Czech prime minister Andrej Babis - facing an election later this week - failed to declare an offshore investment company used to purchase two villas for £12m in the south of France.
It is the latest in a string of leaks over the past seven years, following the FinCen Files, the Paradise Papers, the Panama Papers and LuxLeaks.

There is no suggestion in the Pandora Papers that Tony and Cherie Blair were hiding their wealth.

But documents show why stamp duty was not payable when the couple bought a £6.45m property.

It is legal to acquire properties in the UK in this way and stamp duty does not have to be paid - but Mr Blair has previously been critical of tax loopholes..

So technically He did nothing wrong
No rules broken No Laws broken either .

A Bit of non story for legal stuff .
Morally maybe worng but not LEGALLY WRONG .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:41 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:01 pm Tony Blair mentioned amongst many other rich people and world leaders.

There is no suggestion in the Pandora Papers that Tony and Cherie Blair were hiding their wealth.

But documents show why stamp duty was not payable when the couple bought a £6.45m property.

It is legal to acquire properties in the UK in this way and stamp duty does not have to be paid - but Mr Blair has previously been critical of tax loopholes..

In case you had not noticed, the revelations of the Pandora Papers are not only about Tony Blair.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

You are a big one on morals. I wonder if you would have the same view had it been a Tory. I doubt it.
They are all the same
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:48 pm

In case you had not noticed, the revelations of the Pandora Papers are not only about Tony Blair.
Yes Sid
Im just pointing out to George
who is using your thread to
qualify his remarks on another thread .

My apologies to your good self Sir ,
but i had to clarify it for him .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:52 pm

You are a big one on morals. I wonder if you would have the same view had it been a Tory. I doubt it.
They are all the same
They are not all the same, you can not claim those who come through
public school life & then into there world of buisness control &
claik a Tory is the same as Labour politician .
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:56 pm

They are all the same
claik a Tory is the same as Labour politician .
No further questions my Lord
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:58 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:56 pm

They are all the same
claim a Tory is the same as Labour politician .
No further questions my Lord
None were asked
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Sorry , now I understand. It is evil to avoid tax if you have been to public school , fine if you are comprehensive educated. Why am I arguing.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:46 pm Sorry , now I understand. It is evil to avoid tax if you have been to public school , fine if you are comprehensive educated. Why am I arguing.
Don't want to interfere in this inane argument across multiple threads but Blair was not comprehensive educated, if it's him you are referring to.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:46 pm Sorry , now I understand. It is evil to avoid tax if you have been to public school , fine if you are comprehensive educated. Why am I arguing.
sorry you dont understand it at all do you .

argument 1
it is evil to break laws & Rules of government especially i
It isnt evil to do something that doesnt break the law or rules of government .

Again your tactic of trying to convulate 2.different arguments into 1 have failed .

Argument 2
Tories who in the main are public school educated are very different
to Those who are not public school educated ie lots of Labour types &
Lib dems Greens etc & No doubt even 1 or 2 tories ( only 1 or 2 mind )

Should be much clearer for you now
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

It’s not. Give up
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Maybe if its not clear you need to change your life to
know the difference between right & wrong .

You seem to have it a bit skewed !
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:03 pm Maybe if its not clear you need to change your life to

I know the difference. We are talking about Blair avoiding tax. Morally it’s wrong. You know it is , he knows it is , and I know it is. You have criticised corporates for the same thing.
Let’s have some balance here.
If you believe it to be acceptable behaviour , and I think you are a fair , honest , and reasonable border , then say so.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

jamespevans wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:49 pm
Don't want to interfere in this inane argument across multiple threads but Blair was not comprehensive educated, if it's him you are referring to.
Why is it inane. Because it’s a Labour dirty deed .?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:09 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:03 pm Maybe if its not clear you need to change your life to

I know the difference. We are talking about Blair avoiding tax. Morally it’s wrong. You know it is , he knows it is , and I know it is. You have criticised corporates for the same thing.
If you believe it to be acceptable behaviour , and I think you are a fair , honest , and reasonable border , then say so.
i havent criticised corporates on here as such .
more.govts who allow them to be tax free in effect

You are comparing criminality & Rules being broken to
Morals . Please STOP your Child like argummets .

Using a loophole is Morally wrong , But
if it isnt illegal then it isnt illegal .

Breaking rules set by public office & Government
is breaking rules & in some cases breaking laws .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

They are all the same
It was basically a Tory.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:23 pm

Govts like Ireland?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

I am not comparing criminality with using loopholes. But I doubt any Tories will be convicted of anything. I doubt they will have broken the law.
Even you must admit that this revelation is a little embarrassing and not helpful to the cause.
That’s all I’m saying
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:44 pm

Govts like Ireland?
Especially the rabble in charge of the Dàil at the minute .
but thats what happens when you have 2 sworn enemies joining sides to keep
out the real vote of the Irish People which was Sinn Fein
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:46 pm

I am not comparing criminality with using loopholes. But I doubt any Tories will be convicted of anything. I doubt they will have broken the law.
Even you must admit that this revelation is a little embarrassing and not helpful to the cause.
That’s all I’m saying
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... high-court
https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/28/matt-han ... -14670723/

You have been comparing exactly that .

Hancock broke rules of government
Johnson Lied & Broke rules of Government .
Both have Gained Financial wealth from there dealings .

But you are ignoring that debate over on the Tory Watch thread i see .
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

George wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:11 pm
jamespevans wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:49 pm
Why is it inane. Because it’s a Labour dirty deed .?
You ain't dragging me into inane arguments