The referee today....

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

The referee today....

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

... and I do use that term very loosely. The man was an absolute shambles. There were, at least, 2 stone bonk certain penalties, pulling of
shirts and barging in the Mansfield penalty area at corners. The only things he got right was the whistle at the start and finish of the game. :clown
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: The referee today....

Post by Story of O »

Only 2 minutes added time at end of first half was a joke. A couple of injuries should have made it 5 minutes
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Harry Smith’s shirt must be about 5 sizes bigger than it was at the start. He, to his credit, didn’t complain as much as the crowd did but I guess he must be used to it. I haven’t seen as much shirt pulling go unpunished for yonks, if the Ref couldn’t see it WTF is the point of the Lino who had a clearer view.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I know we’re biased, and I know a few of our players tried it on at times, and I know a couple of the penalty shouts were very very optimistic, but the continual shirt pulling and man handling of Smyth was f*cking ridiculous. That was as bad a display as I’ve seen since our non league days.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

The advantage of watching the stream was seeing that first half handball in the area twice. Embarrassing that both officials missed it.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

He was far worse than Nigel Miller.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Stevie Wonder would probably have spotted more than that Ref and Lino’s
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

There was no doubt some very dubious decisions were made today. Quite often we complain when referees are whistle happy, this referee was the opposite letting obvious shirt pulling and pushing going unpunished. Along with natural crowd bias this leads to lots of appeals and unrest from the crowd. Unfortunately I think some referees get blinkered in these situations such that they end up treating all crowd appeals as bias and unconsciously favour the away team. Its not getting the big decisions that hurts, particularly when you consider the handball not given today, compared to the handball given against Beckles at Crewe. If Embleton had been on the touchline he would have been going ballistic. I think Jackett's calm demeanour helps so the we don't get engrossed with the referees decisions and concentrate on continuing to play and get the job done. Unfortunately today we battered away and it just wouldn't happen.
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

Norman Wisdom, meets Private Pike, meets Rick Astley
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:08 pm I know we’re biased, and I know a few of our players tried it on at times, and I know a couple of the penalty shouts were very very optimistic, but the continual shirt pulling and man handling of Smyth was f*cking ridiculous. That was as bad a display as I’ve seen since our non league days.
Smyth was playing 🤔🤔🤔
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The trip on Ruel Sotiriou was the clearest penalty we'll see at Orient this season . How the referee missed that I'll never know . Also from a corner Harry Smith clearly having the shirt pulled off his back . He was easily the worse referee we've had at Orient so far this season.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:09 pm The trip on Ruel Sotiriou was the clearest penalty we'll see at Orient this season . How the referee missed that I'll never know . Also from a corner Harry Smith clearly having the shirt pulled off his back . He was easily the worse referee we've had at Orient so far this season.
I’d like to see it again, but I still think Ruel went down too easily.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Stowaway wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:15 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:09 pm The trip on Ruel Sotiriou was the clearest penalty we'll see at Orient this season . How the referee missed that I'll never know . Also from a corner Harry Smith clearly having the shirt pulled off his back . He was easily the worse referee we've had at Orient so far this season.
There were so many incidents I can't remember them all clearly, but was this the one when the linesman put his flag up for offside?
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I’ve never seen so much shirt pulling go unpunished before. I would like to hear what the Referees assessor thought of his performance today, it was like going back to the National League.
Harry Smith’s shirt must be ‘Dart player’ size by now.
I wonder if the ‘highlights’ video will show any of the incidents………..the only one I can say he got right was when James clearly dived late in the 2nd half……..it’s not good to see any players cheating.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

y o y o y wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 pm
There were so many incidents I can't remember them all clearly, but was this the one when the linesman put his flag up for offside?
Yes, just after Ruel was fouled .
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

I wouldn't trust that referee with my dirty washing let alone a football match
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:06 pm
y o y o y wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 pm

Yes, just after Ruel was fouled .
So Ruel was fouled into an offside position? 😂

Loads of bad calls by the officials without having to reference that and make ourselves look silly.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Most of the referees at this level are incompetent, we just have to count ourselves lucky that this refs incompetence didnt lose us the game
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

PutneyO wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm Most of the referees at this level are incompetent, we just have to count ourselves lucky that this refs incompetence didnt lose us the game
The problem was though this refs incompetence helped considerably to us getting 1 point when should’ve had 3.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

2 minutes stoppage time in first half was the biggest joke of all. The blood injury to the Mansfield defender in the box was 4 minutes on it’s own. I pay good money to watch 90 minutes of football not 80-85 ..... ridiculous.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

So the ref had a bad game, this happens its football.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:06 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:08 pm I know we’re biased, and I know a few of our players tried it on at times, and I know a couple of the penalty shouts were very very optimistic, but the continual shirt pulling and man handling of Smyth was f*cking ridiculous. That was as bad a display as I’ve seen since our non league days.
Smyth was playing 🤔🤔🤔
My, he has grown a bit whilst off injured. The stretching exercises are working a treat.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Think everyone being a bit harsh. The first pen shout (and the only one where it was a pen) his view was obscured if you saw it. The Lino had the direct line of sight and it was his job to flag. He didn’t. The second one, they are almost never given. The sending off, again it was the Lino who had to make the call and did. Yes, there were some niggly bits and bobs that he missed but at least he kept his cards in his pocket and the game flowed accordingly and was really enjoyable. Last week, where it was all stop start, we get 6 bookings and there was barely a bad foul.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

kokomO wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:34 pm
PutneyO wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm Most of the referees at this level are incompetent, we just have to count ourselves lucky that this refs incompetence didnt lose us the game
The problem was though this refs incompetence helped considerably to us getting 1 point when should’ve had 3.
I think I'm being charitable in calling Referee Speedie incompetent
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:22 pm Think everyone being a bit harsh. The first pen shout (and the only one where it was a pen) his view was obscured if you saw it. The Lino had the direct line of sight and it was his job to flag. He didn’t. The second one, they are almost never given. The sending off, again it was the Lino who had to make the call and did. Yes, there were some niggly bits and bobs that he missed but at least he kept his cards in his pocket and the game flowed accordingly and was really enjoyable. Last week, where it was all stop start, we get 6 bookings and there was barely a bad foul.
I’ve said it before, it wasn’t the couple of legitimate penalty shouts. It was the continuous pulling on Smith that was unbelievable.