Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:55 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:44 pm

Under-30s reluctant to take Covid vaccine cite fertility and side-effect concerns
Fears over ‘experimental’ inoculation show that more needs to be done to counter harmful misinformation.

“We’re reopening the economy when young people generally haven’t had the vaccine and the implication is that it’s fine if they get Covid,” said Evie Aspinall, the head UK delegate to the G7 Youth Summit and a former president of Cambridge University Students’ Union. “They’re telling us there’s no sense of real threat.”
''Georgia, 28, from the West Midlands said fertility was her chief concern. “I’ve read about a lot of adverse reactions to the vaccine too which puts me off – effects on women’s reproductive systems and cycles. I want to have a baby in the next year and there’s no published data on its long-term effects on fertility. “I just don’t understand why I really need it, I’m healthy and I trust my immune system over the government.”

''Sam Everington, a GP in east London who sits on the British Medical Association council, said that more needed to be done to counter misinformation. “It is difficult, but we need to carry on challenging stuff on social media that is just not true,” he said. “The commonest thing I hear is young people talking about infertility, and there is just no evidence of that.”
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... t-concerns
I complete sympathise and have been through a similar journey. There's no evidence of infertility but theres also no evidence against it yet. Young people are being told (and almost forced in some circumstances) to put something into their bodies to protect against something that statistically they are very likely to get over, which has no evidence for medium or short term effects. I get why they would be resistant. It's easy for people who have 5/10 years left to be telling people who have 50/60 years left what to do to their body.
Un-vaccinated people under the age of 40 downwards are at present in the biggest group that are catching the Covid virus. It is not only the theory that they are less likely to die if they catch the disease, they also need to think of the others that they might pass the virus on to. No age group is immune from the virus, be it getting very ill, long Covid or dying of it.
Not doubting or denying that but I think it’s a valid question to ask around the longer term effects and to be a bit selfish with that in mind.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:45 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 pm

I complete sympathise and have been through a similar journey. There's no evidence of infertility but theres also no evidence against it yet. Young people are being told (and almost forced in some circumstances) to put something into their bodies to protect against something that statistically they are very likely to get over, which has no evidence for medium or short term effects. I get why they would be resistant. It's easy for people who have 5/10 years left to be telling people who have 50/60 years left what to do to their body.
Un-vaccinated people under the age of 40 downwards are at present in the biggest group that are catching the Covid virus. It is not only the theory that they are less likely to die if they catch the disease, they also need to think of the others that they might pass the virus on to. No age group is immune from the virus, be it getting very ill, long Covid or dying of it.
Not doubting or denying that but I think it’s a valid question to ask around the longer term effects and to be a bit selfish with that in mind.
But the vaccine has only been around for a short time, so asking about long term effects is an impossible question to answer.

I'm sure there must be some babies born recently to vaccinated mothers. It would be good if someone could say, look at all these babies - they're all fine. It would go a long way I reckon.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Anyone on here not been jabbed yet?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

o-no wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:03 pm

But the vaccine has only been around for a short time, so asking about long term effects is an impossible question to answer.

I'm sure there must be some babies born recently to vaccinated mothers. It would be good if someone could say, look at all these babies - they're all fine. It would go a long way I reckon.
I don't think they vaccinated pregnant women. My daughter had a baby recently and she was advised not to get vaccinated whilst pregnant. She is now though because she's not an idiot.
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonstoneRed07 M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:10 pm Anyone on here not been jabbed yet?
Who in their right mind would state that on here with the vitriol that will inevitably be aimed at them.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Surely they'd have the courage of their convictions to say it?

Thor used to be up front about it
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:07 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:10 pm Anyone on here not been jabbed yet?
Who in their right mind would state that on here with the vitriol that will inevitably be aimed at them.
You could have just said, 'me'.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Of course it’s impossible to have an answer, but that sort of makes the question valid, doesn’t it?
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 pm

I don't think they vaccinated pregnant women. My daughter had a baby recently and she was advised not to get vaccinated whilst pregnant. She is now though because she's not an idiot.
That was the advice, but now they are urging pregnant women to have it
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Story of O wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 pm

That was the advice, but now they are urging pregnant women to have it
Who is? And on what basis?
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Government, not sure why
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The government obviously want every person vaccinated.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:35 pm The government obviously want every person vaccinated.
Surely that's a good thing?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Just you wait until they activate the 4G microchips.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:59 pm Just you wait until they activate the 4G microchips.
Beat me to it - was posting "need to maximise the number of GPS implants" when it said you'd already replied.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/fit-healthy-m ... 39132.html

A “fit and healthy” 42-year-old who loved climbing mountains and lifting weights has died of Covid-19 after refusing to get vaccinated, leaving his twin sister and mother heartbroken. The two women warned others not to think they are invulnerable to the dangers of the virus.
The father of one, John Eyers, a construction expert from Southport in Merseyside, was described by his sister Jenny McCann as “the fittest, healthiest person I know”. She added that her brother had been climbing Welsh mountains and camping in the wild four weeks before his death.
But he was left in intensive care after catching coronavirus, and told his consultant before he was ventilated that he wished he had been vaccinated. His twin said his death was “a tragedy”.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 pm

Of course it’s impossible to have an answer, but that sort of makes the question valid, doesn’t it?
Balance of probabilities isn't it? You are much more likely to die of Covid, and you will be risking others (including your immediate family) by not being vaccinated - that's proven fact. Or, you listen to hearsay that it might affect fertility. It ought to be a no-brainer.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BoniO wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:19 am

Balance of probabilities isn't it? You are much more likely to die of Covid, and you will be risking others (including your immediate family) by not being vaccinated - that's proven fact. Or, you listen to hearsay that it might affect fertility. It ought to be a no-brainer.
Yes hearsay about Covid vaccines affect on fertility. Do your best to protect the life that you have at present, your own !
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

o-no wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:03 pm I'm sure there must be some babies born recently to vaccinated mothers. It would be good if someone could say, look at all these babies - they're all fine. It would go a long way I reckon.
130,000 pregnant women in the US, and 52,000 pregnant women in the UK, have been vaccinated with no safety concerns being raised (source).
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

It is balance of probabilities. Unfortunately neither you or I know if longer term effects would be better or worse than Covid. We will have to see. Either way, it's a valid question and I find these times incredibly strange when they aren't deemed as so.

Not aimed at you, of course, but be interesting to know how many of the cretins stocking up on bog roll and pasta 18 months ago are now 'we are all in this together, get f*cking vaccinated'!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Perhaps the penne finally dropped?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:20 am

It is balance of probabilities. Unfortunately neither you or I know if longer term effects would be better or worse than Covid. We will have to see. Either way, it's a valid question and I find these times incredibly strange when they aren't deemed as so.

Not aimed at you, of course, but be interesting to know how many of the cretins stocking up on bog roll and pasta 18 months ago are now 'we are all in this together, get f*cking vaccinated'!
And how many of the ''cretins stocking up on bog roll and pasta 18 months ago are now ...........
''We are all in this together.....DONT get f*cking vaccinated' !
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 am Perhaps the penne finally dropped?
Great work tbh
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 am Perhaps the penne finally dropped?
Maybe they're now pasta the point of caring, or maybe feeling that not getting a vaccine is a bit fusili.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

1 in 5 in hospital (over 1000) with Covid are now under 35. A year ago it was 1 in 20. Shows the consequences of the young ignoring vaccinations.