Theo Archibald signs up for a years loan

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Theo Archibald signs up for a years loan

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:26 am
Tent Keague wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:51 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:07 pmI expected marquee signings to take our breath away, after the new investors and Nigel's" big " talk, and we haven't had that.
Who were you expecting us to sign?
Players without a history of injury and inability to break into and command a place in the starting 11 for the last 3 years.

Is that helpful?
''Bullseye'' comment !
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Tent Keague wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:39 am
Players without a history of injury and inability to break into and command a place in the starting 11 for the last 3 years.

Is that helpful?
Not particularly helpful at all.

Pratley played 40 odd games in a higher division last season.
So did Beckles.
Wood played more than 46 games for Bradford.
Smyth played 35 games in a higher division.

It's as easy for me to pick players that have played a lot of games as is easy enough for you to pick ones that haven't.

So the question remains, who were you expecting us to sign?
Don't expect me to give you specific names, because I don't have any, but I'd expected to sign players who have been playing regular championship or League one football, not players who have been injured and not played much at all.
As I said already, this might work out, and I hope so, but this risky signing means another better player who we might have signed in this position, now won't come here.
I expected, we would be signing much more players from higher up the league's after hearing Travis talking.
Let's hope Archibald does work out, and it was a shrewd piece of business by KJ, but for me the juries out.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 am

Is that helpful?

So did Beckles.

It's as easy for me to pick players that have played a lot of games as is easy enough for you to pick ones that haven't.

Don't expect me to give you specific names, because I don't have any, but I'd expected to sign players who have been playing regular championship or League one football, not players who have been injured and not played much at all.
As I said already, this might work out, and I hope so, but this risky signing means another better player who we might have signed in this position, now won't come here.
I expected, we would be signing much more players from higher up the league's after hearing Travis talking.
Let's hope Archibald does work out, and it was a shrewd piece of business by KJ, but for me the juries out.
Given club comments I was expecting better quality players than we have signed. I think those brought in are fine, but a long way short of the expectations created. We have a solid squad and probably a competitive squad, but not the League 1 standard I was expecting.

Bottom line, we are hoping KJ recognises good quality players who individually may not appear fantastic but have the ability to work and gel as a team. Not the best players but the best squad stuff. Quite often that’s a winning solution.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:07 pmI expected marquee signings to take our breath away, after the new investors and Nigel's" big " talk, and we haven't had that.

Is that helpful?
Doesn’t seem to have a history of injuries apart from the season Just gone. He was unable to command a place in the starting 11 at Brentford (Championship) and Lincoln (Leaggue 1 playoff finalists). He was also a regular in a league 2 team before Covid cut short the season
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Is that helpful?

So did Beckles.

Brilliant

As the post you quoted said, Pratley and Beckles have been playing regular League 1 football. If you think most players who have been regulars in league 1 or the championship would come to a league 2 team youre a fool
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Pretty sure Paul Mullin wasn't a regular in a Championship or League One team either yet apparently we should have signed him.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:04 am

So did Beckles.

Brilliant

As the post you quoted said, Pratley and Beckles have been playing regular League 1 football. If you think most players who have been regulars in league 1 or the championship would come to a league 2 team youre a fool
Well, Salford don't seem to have any trouble getting championship, and League one players to sign for them, do they?
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Who have Salford signed?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

I’ve just checked Salford’s signings and they’ve signed 2 players from league one. One was a regular and the other played 8 times for Fleetwood. No idea what he’s on about
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Is that helpful?
Like the vast majority of your posts, no mate not really.
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Is that helpful?

So did Beckles.

You expect us to be signing players who have been playing regularly in the Championship?

Why on earth would you expect them to drop to league 2?

We've signed several players of league 1 calibre and you're still so pessimistic, I think you need to take a step back and reflect on where we are vs where we were 5 years ago, we've been on an upwards trajectory ever since T&T came in, but because we're not luring championship regulars to league 2 every signing is risky??

Bizarre point of view.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:11 pm I’ve just checked Salford’s signings and they’ve signed 2 players from league one. One was a regular and the other played 8 times for Fleetwood. No idea what he’s on about
That's fewer than the number of players we've signed from League One then.

You should know by now he makes any old crap up to try to support his claims and then claims he is entitled to his wrong opinion when these are easily deconstructed.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:31 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:11 pm I’ve just checked Salford’s signings and they’ve signed 2 players from league one. One was a regular and the other played 8 times for Fleetwood. No idea what he’s on about
That's fewer than the number of players we've signed from League One then.

You should know by now he makes any old crap up to try to support his claims and then claims he is entitled to his wrong opinion when these are easily deconstructed.
Christ, you still spouting rubbish. I thought you might have learned something by now, but there's no hope for you, is there.
I didn't mean the players that Salford have signed this summer, I meant they have regularly been signing higher league players since they have been in the league
But that's too difficult for a tw*t like you to work out.
Now go away, you mongrel
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

But so have we..

Kemp
Freeman
Thompson

Those are just fresh in my mind.

I think you're creating a history to fit your narrative.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Tent Keague wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:56 pm But so have we..

Kemp
Freeman
Thompson

Those are just fresh in my mind.

I think you're creating a history to fit your narrative.
Also remember the bleating when we let JMD go even though we'd replaced him with Kemp. So even when we sign a better player from a higher division and ship out deadwood there are still moans and complaints, so we really just can't win.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BigDaddyO wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:51 pm

Is that helpful?
Like the vast majority of your posts, no mate not really.
Hope your 57th post goes better for you.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Bit of a cameo today but I liked the way he was looking to get crosses in early.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

So did Beckles.

Brilliant

I can confirm ---he is a fool .
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

soloman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:14 pm
Brilliant

I can confirm ---he is a fool .
You don't even know me. Another winker on here making a tw*t of himself.
waigO
Fresh Alias

Post by waigO »

jamespevans wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:52 pm Bit of a cameo today but I liked the way he was looking to get crosses in early.
Looked good when he came on. Good left foot and pressed well. If he stays fit, think we could have a player. Of course, the fact that he hasn’t started 46 games in the championship scoring 20 + in the last couple of seasons will upset some ‘supporters’.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Is that helpful?

So did Beckles.

Any good championship or Div 1 players will sign new contracts with their clubs . There are very few reasons why they will drop down to L2 and Leyton Orient.
The first is they want to return to be near family and friends. Another is they are coming to the end of their careers. Lastly they realise that Leyton Orient have got a good pedigree in the game and are financially safe. KJ has done a good job so far in attracting players that possibly fall into one of those categories and at the right price that we can afford. We don’t want to go back to the days when the Italian paid stupid wages for rubbish players.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Is that helpful?

So did Beckles.

Any good championship or Div 1 players will sign new contracts with their clubs . There are very few reasons why they will drop down to L2 and Leyton Orient.
The first is they want to return to be near family and friends. Another is they are coming to the end of their careers. Lastly they realise that Leyton Orient have got a good pedigree in the game and are financially safe. KJ has done a good job so far in attracting players that possibly fall into one of those categories and at the right price that we can afford. We don’t want to go back to the days when the Italian paid stupid wages for rubbish players.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Connor Wood looks a great upgrade and proves you don't need to only look to League One or the Championship for new recruits.
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

What is he buying?
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

No doubt at the time, some Crystal Palace fans were whining when they bought Ian Wright,
and Fleetwood fans when they bought Jamie Vardy; as they didn't have the relevant experience in a higher division to meet with their exacting expectations.

I feel sorry for those that run the club in many ways, as no matter what they do, some fool with a keyboard will whine about it, as ably demonstrated on this thread.