Team for Salford

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mike pinner
Fresh Alias

Team for Salford

Post by Mike pinner »

It looks like the team is shaping up nicely and it will be interesting to see who's picked for the first match. Will the new right back be ready or will Clay start? Will either/or Ogie and Happe be rewarded for their good performances pre season or will Becles and Thompson go straight in? What is everyone's idea of our starting line up (I'd put one in myself but I know I'd probably leave someone important out :lol: )
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Team for Salford

Post by Sid Bishop »

Beckles may have to isolate when coming back from abroad so he might well miss the opening game against Salford. Thompson is in recovery from a long term injury so needs to get some playing time under his belt if he is to make the first game. Harry Smith also needs some pre season games under his belt, so a very long shot guess as to the opening team lineup but here goes.

Vigouroux ,James, Ogie, Happie , Wood, Pratley, Kyprianou, Smyth, Kemp ,Sotiriou Drinan.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:33 pm Beckles may have to isolate when coming back from abroad so he might well miss the opening game against Salford. Thompson is in recovery from a long term injury so needs to get some playing time under his belt if he is to make the first game. Harry Smith also needs some pre season games under his belt, so a very long shot guess as to the opening team lineup but here goes.

Vigouroux ,James, Ogie, Happie , Wood, Pratley, Kyprianou, Smyth, Kemp ,Sotiriou Drinan.
So you think he will play Ogie instead of Omar B ….really??
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Based on what we have now and with no injuries, Covid or Thompson, it’ll be

Vigaro

James Beckles Happe Wood

Pratley

Kemp Hector

Smyth Ruel

Drinan

Subs
Sarge
Ogie
Smith
Clay
Cisse
Young
Sweeney/Popadapolopodos
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Change Drinan for Smith and I think you could be right
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Another thread about the squad. Fantastic.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:33 pm Beckles may have to isolate when coming back from abroad so he might well miss the opening game against Salford. Thompson is in recovery from a long term injury so needs to get some playing time under his belt if he is to make the first game. Harry Smith also needs some pre season games under his belt, so a very long shot guess as to the opening team lineup but here goes.

So you think he will play Ogie instead of Omar B ….really??
Read what I wrote above concerning Omar Beckles quote ''Beckles may have to isolate when coming back from abroad so he might well miss the opening game against Salford''
So in other words, if any ( ? ) applicable Covid quarantine is finished and the club considers Omar ready and fit to go straight into the opening game, yes of course he is likely to play, but all this remains to be sorted out by the club.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:13 pm Based on what we have now and with no injuries, Covid or Thompson, it’ll be

Vigaro

James Beckles Happe Wood

Pratley

Kemp Hector

Smyth Ruel

Drinan

Subs
Sarge
Ogie
Smith
Clay
Cisse
Young
Sweeney/Popadapolopodos
Almost the same as my selection and I would also pick Beckles to play IF he is fit and availailable to play.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:40 pm Change Drinan for Smith and I think you could be right
I would also pick Smith, but again........ if available for selection, fit and ready to play.
At present according to KJ ( see the video below at 3:05 minutes ) Harry Smith not with the squad at the moment but might be back in training quite soon.

INTERVIEW: Kenny Jackett positive as Orient draw 1-1 with Spurs

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:13 pm Based on what we have now and with no injuries, Covid or Thompson, it’ll be

Vigaro

James Beckles Happe Wood

Pratley

Kemp Hector

Smyth Ruel

Drinan

Subs
Sarge
Ogie
Smith
Clay
Cisse
Young
Sweeney/Popadapolopodos
Mid-table side at best it aint it? :lol:
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

FWIW I think Thompson must be months, not weeks, away. I'd guess October. For him to have any chance of even making the bench he'd have to figure in 1 of the games.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LittleMate wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:13 pm FWIW I think Thompson must be months, not weeks, away. I'd guess October. For him to have any chance of even making the bench he'd have to figure in 1 of the games.
@LittleMate
Without inside information that would give an update on his chances of playing within the next month or so, I must agree with you.
A while ago I dared to voice the same sort of thoughts on this forum as to that Thompson would most likely be missing at the start of the season plus anyone's guess as to how long it will take for a full recovery from his serious ankle injury. Also as to how this injury might affect his game in the future. As to be expected, my thoughts were not too well received by a few of the forum members.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:27 am
LittleMate wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:13 pm FWIW I think Thompson must be months, not weeks, away. I'd guess October. For him to have any chance of even making the bench he'd have to figure in 1 of the games.
@LittleMate
Without inside information that would give an update on his chances of playing within the next month or so, I must agree with you.
A while ago I dared to voice the same sort of thoughts on this forum as to that Thompson would most likely be missing at the start of the season plus anyone's guess as to how long it will take for a full recovery from his serious ankle injury. Also as to how this injury might affect his game in the future. As to be expected, my thoughts were not too well received by a few of the forum members.
Sid, I think we are both big enough to take a little flak on here - and lets hope that we are both wrong!
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:40 pm Change Drinan for Smith and I think you could be right
Definitely.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 am
@LittleMate
Sid, I think we are both big enough to take a little flak on here - and lets hope that we are both wrong!
Dangerous to bring him back too soon. Get it right, even if he is missing a little longer. Beckles, Happe, Ogie holding the fort for a while. So that will probably be Beckles and Happe with Ogie on the bench.

Memo to Happe. Don’t get sent off! Don’t allow your man to get behind you!
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:38 am

@LittleMate
Dangerous to bring him back too soon. Get it right, even if he is missing a little longer. Beckles, Happe, Ogie holding the fort for a while. So that will probably be Beckles and Happe with Ogie on the bench.

Here we go, yet another manager offering his advice !!!
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

soloman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:31 am

Happe does have a tendency to let players get on the wrong side of him and that’s why he gives penalties away due to his lack of pace. Fact. I thought the idea of a forum was to put your point of view across but maybe I’m wrong?🙈
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:49 am

Happe does have a tendency to let players get on the wrong side of him and that’s why he gives penalties away due to his lack of pace. Fact. I thought the idea of a forum was to put your point of view across but maybe I’m wrong?🙈
and I have .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:49 am

Agree with you. @Dohnut wrote e.g ''Memo to Happe. Don’t get sent off ! Don’t allow your man to get behind you !''
An opinion which I tend to agree with !
So all in all, just an opinion of one person on a football forum. As you also add ''Happe does have a tendency to let players get on the wrong side of him and that’s why he gives penalties away due to his lack of pace. Fact.'' Yes again,completely correct it does happen and it is something that Dan needs to work on in order to improve his game !!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

@LittleMate

Well if Beckles is fit and available for the opening game, he will most likely start.
Remember he is currently away from the Uk whilst representing Grenada in the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Omar Beckles played for Grenada today as they lost 3-1 to Panama.
Lastly, as to your comment ''Memo to Happe. Don’t get sent off! Don’t allow your man to get behind you !''
Yes agree, part of his game that Happe needs to work on.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Vig
James Happe Ogie Woods
Pratley Kyprianou
Smyth Sotiriou Kemp
Drinan

We don't have a lot of options
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

You think he’s going for a last minute change of formation?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Is it not 4231?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

When Smyth signed, didn’t Kenny say that he sees him as a striker rather than a winger?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

The OP talks about the team shaping up nicely. With one preseason game to go, I wonder whether it’s time to reconsider that view.

We are miles from shaping up nicely. Maybe for reasons beyond our control. But preseason has done very little for first team planning.