Marvin Ekpiteta assault

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Redcard
Fresh Alias

Re: Marvin Ekpiteta assault

Post by Redcard »

Who knows what went on. The fact that he got him in a headlock suggests that there was some close quarter grappling.
In any event what’s all this self righteous bullshit about dumping him because he is a thug, have none of you pussies ever been in a fight .
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Redcard wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:51 pm Who knows what went on. The fact that he got him in a headlock suggests that there was some close quarter grappling.
In any event what’s all this self righteous sh*t about dumping him because he is a thug, have none of you pussies ever been in a fight .
Not one that resulted in a prison sentence.

But it most likely won’t come to that, I hope, so just a storm in a teacup. Just handbags perhaps. I’m not assuming his guilt in any way. Far from it. Who knows what went on, who knows what provocation he suffered. The law will make a decision based on hearing all the facts as presented.

Then hopefully he can put it behind him.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Tell us about your fights, dohy.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm

This. Most people don’t put someone in a headlock without some kind of provocation. Sounds like the other bloke ran his mouth one too many times and is now crying about it. Grass gets mown
It doesn't take too much these days for some young people to lose their rag.
You seem to think Marvin is guilty?

What is it about him that leads you to believe that?
What makes you think that "it's something about him" that i feel he may be guilty? I hope he's not, but at the moment it's not looking hopeful.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:42 pm
BIGRON wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:25 pm
claptonCasual wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:01 pm

What's "all sorts of wrong" about going to the pictures with your mum?
I take my 90 year old mum to the hospital once a fortnight for her blood tests , i also take her shopping once a week , i draw the line at going go the flicks with her though :lol:
Jeez, I’ve been to the cinema and theatre and sporting events with my kids and grand kids. Always thought it to be a healthy part of family life. So I’m wrong in taking my young grandson to football or to the cinema during school holidays. Really.
Mum would no doubt fall asleep ...........she snores for England :lol:
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:05 am Tell us about your fights, dohy.
Schoolboy stuff, being schooled in Hackney and Stepney a fairly common occurrence. Thereafter in a dojo where I regularly came out second best and bowed in respect to the guy who kicked (literally) my arse (or head). The only time police were involved is if they were my opponent. Kiai.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Chief crazy horse wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:09 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 pm
It doesn't take too much these days for some young people to lose their rag.
You seem to think Marvin is guilty?

What is it about him that leads you to believe that?
What makes you think that "it's something about him" that i feel he may be guilty? I hope he's not, but at the moment it's not looking hopeful.
Based on what?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Based on what I've read on my news feed.
And what makes you think that "it's something about him" that I am forming this view?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Because you've got nothing else to form an opinion on.

Given we weren't there and are not privy to the evidence so far, I've formed my opinion that this seems pretty unlikely from how he's conducted himself, on and off the pitch, over the past 18 months or whatever it's been. Nothing from that would indicate he is the sort to go around getting into rows and lumping people for no good reason.

What is that you've read on your news feed that makes you think he's guilty?
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

It's a fair point.
Darius Henderson had a trial before joining us, was found not guilty and the circumstances seemed much more damning for him.
Getting someone in a headlock is a bit of a defensive measure, kind of suggesting the other guy might have thrown the first punch and missed.
I actually think it'll come to nothing.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Don't remember what he did but I'd believe it if it was him involved.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

eagwgw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:57 am It's a fair point.
Darius Henderson had a trial before joining us, was found not guilty and the circumstances seemed much more damning for him.
Getting someone in a headlock is a bit of a defensive measure, kind of suggesting the other guy might have thrown the first punch and missed.
I actually think it'll come to nothing.
Most likely outcome. Unless there are independent witnesses it’s one persons word against another. CCTV is OK even if available but don’t record what was said so provocation will be missed. Non-story. Let the authorities deal with it and wait and see the outcome.
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:05 am Don't remember what he did but I'd believe it if it was him involved.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... inues.html

If we are gonna be consistent I don't think Marv has much to worry about although hopefully someone at the club will take him down a peg or two, talking during a film is clearly not on.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... DjrH43CGY4

Mail have clearly already made their mind up.

This bloke sounds like a joke - never mind being taken to the cinema by his mum, he's now giving evidence from behind a screen and has admitted to screaming when Marv put him in a headlock.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:02 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... DjrH43CGY4

This bloke sounds like a joke - never mind being taken to the cinema by his mum, he's now giving evidence from behind a screen and has admitted to screaming when Marv put him in a headlock.
I know this is probably a wum, but its getting a bit embarrassing and sounds like victim blaming.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:02 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... DjrH43CGY4

I know this is probably a wum, but its getting a bit embarrassing and sounds like victim blaming.
Obviously a bit tongue in cheek but come on, giving evidence from behind a f*cking screen? He's not testifying against the mafia.
SalfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by SalfordO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Obviously a bit tongue in cheek but come on, giving evidence from behind a f*** screen? He's not testifying against the mafia.

Common practice these days
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 am Because you've got nothing else to form an opinion on.

Given we weren't there and are not privy to the evidence so far, I've formed my opinion that this seems pretty unlikely from how he's conducted himself, on and off the pitch, over the past 18 months or whatever it's been. Nothing from that would indicate he is the sort to go around getting into rows and lumping people for no good reason.

I don’t need anything else. I've formed an opinion on what I've read.
What makes you think "there's something about him" that brings me to this opinion?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Redcard wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:51 pm Who knows what went on. The fact that he got him in a headlock suggests that there was some close quarter grappling.
In any event what’s all this self righteous sh*t about dumping him because he is a thug, have none of you pussies ever been in a fight .
Plenty. They don't call me mad Micky Mullins for nothing.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Chief crazy horse wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:00 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 am Because you've got nothing else to form an opinion on.

I don’t need anything else. I've formed an opinion on what I've read.
What makes you think "there's something about him" that brings me to this opinion?
What bit of what you’ve read?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Obviously a bit tongue in cheek but come on, giving evidence from behind a f*** screen? He's not testifying against the mafia.
He's the alleged victim in an assault case. If he wants to avoid the man he alleges attacked him, he is entitled to that.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:25 pm

He's the alleged victim in an assault case. If he wants to avoid the man he alleges attacked him, he is entitled to that.
Sh1tebag
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:32 pm

Sh1tebag
Okay.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:32 pm

Sh1tebag
I understand there are significant differences between English law and Scottish Law. Perhaps that’s what they use up there?