O's going cashless

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

O's going cashless

Post by BIGRON »

A mate has just rung me and said the O's are going completely cashless throughout pre season apart from programmes that can be purchased for cash , even buying tickets in advance at the club shop will be card only , my mate is unhappy as he only deals in cash and has never had a cash card in his life . He's worried this might continue into the season as he always pays on the gate , anyone know if we are gonna go completely cashless throughout the Season please ?.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: O's going cashless

Post by BoniO »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:19 pm A mate has just rung me and said the O's are going completely cashless throughout pre season apart from programmes that can be purchased for cash , even buying tickets in advance at the club shop will be card only , my mate is unhappy as he only deals in cash and has never had a cash card in his life . He's worried this might continue into the season as he always pays on the gate , anyone know if we are gonna go completely cashless throughout the Season please ?.
To be fair, going cashless hasn't happened overnight has it. I think your mate needs to get a grip and get a card. It won't only be the O's going this way.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Our midfield have gone contactless for about 2 years now
johnko
Fresh Alias

Post by johnko »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:19 pm A mate has just rung me and said the O's are going completely cashless throughout pre season apart from programmes that can be purchased for cash , even buying tickets in advance at the club shop will be card only , my mate is unhappy as he only deals in cash and has never had a cash card in his life . He's worried this might continue into the season as he always pays on the gate , anyone know if we are gonna go completely cashless throughout the Season please ?.
Looks permanent to me,
https://www.leytonorient.com/2021/07/07 ... -cashless/
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Does your mate have a bank account/pay tax?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

johnko wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:25 pm
Looks permanent to me,

That must be what my mate heard about , it doesn't actually say its gonna happen throughout the Season 🤔 he hasn't even got a bank account and refuses to have one !!
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 pm Does your mate have a bank account/pay tax?
No , and I don't know how he gets his benefits either ☹
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

Tottenham and Forest Green Rovers also have cashless stadiums, IMO eventually most grounds will be.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Is he old? Old people often can't cope with change, then make ageist comments to younger people for pointing that out.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:54 pm
johnko wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:25 pm
Looks permanent to me,

That must be what my mate heard about , it doesn't actually say its gonna happen throughout the Season 🤔 he hasn't even got a bank account and refuses to have one !!
I think your mate is gonna have problems Ron. Can’t say I agree with it but nowadays people don’t seem to carry cash with them and just ‘touch ‘ their card on the machine. Maybe you could buy him a beer or whatever and he gives you the cash.
I think it’s only programmes that can be paid for in cash at Orient from now.
Personally what’s worse is this ban on taking your own food in……..Anybody know if this is definitely the case ??
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Pretty poo poo if you can't take your own food in...but how will this be enforced anyway?
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:05 pm Pretty poo poo if you can't take your own food in...but how will this be enforced anyway?
Think I read this on here Smen’
Seems a bit off to me, maybe Bag checks on entry, maybe it’s my imagination :D
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Cheshunto wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:10 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:05 pm Pretty poo poo if you can't take your own food in...but how will this be enforced anyway?
Think I read this on here Smen’
Seems a bit off to me, maybe Bag checks on entry, maybe it’s my imagination :D
Sniffer dogs?
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

Not the 1st time they went cashless, at the end the 2016-17 season they didnt pay the players.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I wonder if the government provide any help for the transition. I can't see cash being around in 10 years time
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Wives will be happy, with no money around the window cleaners could have payment "in kind", I know plenty of women for whom this opportunity will be allowed to slip by
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Went to Lords for cricket over the weekend, Cashless there too. Our local car parks are switching to cashless. Convenient, never carry much change. Pretty much the trend for some time, accelerated by Covid.

Grandkids had gohenry cards for some time before moving to routine cards.

The world can’t stand still because a few people hide their cash under the bed, refuse to get a bank account and have a card.
KenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by KenleyO »

This has been in the offing for some time and has accelerated due to Covid.
By the way it is now very expensive for companies to get cash handled (picked up by G4S etc, taken to a cash depot and then processed) and paid into a bank account - especially coins
This is in effect a cost cutting move
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It’s the cabbies I most feel sorry for.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Permanent Ron. Quite easy to open a free bank account now. Need passport/driving licence & recent bill to confirm address. Maybe he could give cash to you & you pay if he doesn't want a bank account
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

It’s when the LOSC takes a card pymt you’ll know the end has really come for notes and coins.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Cash is pretty much redundant - well done O’s

I fully expect clubs to start accepting Bitofacon in the next 5 years too
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

It's discriminating against people who haven't got a credit card.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

It'll ruin my whole enjoyment of the day to use a card, welcome to China! That's me done with leaving my house ever again.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Since the start of lockdown #1 I barely use any cash at all. There's one Chinese takeaway in town that we use who don't take cards, but everything else I pay by googlepay, so don't even carry a wallet or coins around with me - my mates and I even settle up golf bets between ourselves with Paypal.

I can't imagine only being able to pay by cash - you couldn't buy anything online or tax a car or stream an Os match, or use any subscription service (eg. Netflix) - or even have an internet service, for that matter). It must be a very different world to mine. I get that some people find it easier to budget with cash, because when it's gone it's gone, but at the same time they must have a much less convenient life than others who do use cards - let alone whether they can buy a ticket or a burger at the Orient.