Coronavirus Vaccine.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Re: Coronavirus Vaccine.

Post by Scuba Diver »

PutneyO wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:01 pm I've heard from several different sources that the vaccine is inaffective against the Delta Virus. Can anyone verify that this is the case ? Thanks
A friend of mine was in the very high-risk category initially, and was literally unable to leave the house for months, due to genuine underlying issues.

He has been informed that post having both jabs, they should be 65-85% effective against the Indian variant
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

PutneyO wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:19 pm
LittleMate wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:16 pm
PutneyO wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:01 pm I've heard from several different sources that the vaccine is inaffective against the Delta Virus. Can anyone verify that this is the case ? Thanks
What sources? If its your mate down the pub then it does not count. Of course its effective, its the degree of effectiveness that has some concerned - but the data from most official sources suggests that the vaccination programme is doing a solid job. If we left it unchecked then the virus had the possibility to be as effective as many of the plagues detailed in history.
It's been officially reported in the LBH that even though some of the staff have had two vaccinations they have still tested positive
So its actually a sole source - and its a London borough - and its so factual that its "some staff".

Was the internet invented for crap like this?
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Thank you for all your comments, much appreciated
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thought it was common knowledge that the ‘vaccine’ doesn’t stop you getting any variants?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:54 am Thought it was common knowledge that the ‘vaccine’ doesn’t stop you getting any variants?
the Vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness, reduces the risk of hospitalisation and ultimately it reduces the risk of death. but doesn't stop you catching it.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

This thread is like a broken record. None of the vaccines are 100% effective, even against the original Covid, so you can catch Covid when you have been vaccinated. The vaccines are however effective and greatly reduce the chances of catching and more so the associated symptoms. The vaccines are also effective against the variants, maybe to a lesser degree. Some of the variants are however more infectious, they spread more easily, this is why we are seeing more cases, mainly in those who haven't had the vaccine.
CromwellO
Fresh Alias

Post by CromwellO »

The BBC Horizon Special 'The Vaccine' is well worth watching. Brilliant people working to create the multiple vaccines we now have against COVID. Just shows what can be achieved if enough resources are allocated, it would be great if we could get Coronavirus sorted and then move the resources on to solving something like Malaria or Climate Change.
The two big takeaways for me were the trial volunteer comment ''it's no a ME disease, it's a WE disease'' (please take note, the anti lockdown, anti mask wearing /vax people) and the vaccine scientists fears, that if we relax the safeguards too soon, it will allow dangerous variants to develop too quickly for them to adjust the vaccines in time and prevent further global outbreaks i.e. back to square one!

It is still on BBC iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... he-vaccine

Yours, a 'very lucky' COVID survivor.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

CromwellO wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 am The BBC Horizon Special 'The Vaccine' is well worth watching. Brilliant people working to create the multiple vaccines we now have against COVID. Just shows what can be achieved if enough resources are allocated, it would be great if we could get Coronavirus sorted and then move the resources on to solving something like Malaria or Climate Change.
The two big takeaways for me were the trial volunteer comment ''it's no a ME disease, it's a WE disease'' (please take note, the anti lockdown, anti mask wearing /vax people) and the vaccine scientists fears, that if we relax the safeguards too soon, it will allow dangerous variants to develop too quickly for them to adjust the vaccines in time and prevent further global outbreaks i.e. back to square one!

It is still on BBC iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... he-vaccine

Yours, a 'very lucky' COVID survivor.
Watched that we owe a lot to the people featured. Glad you got through Covid CromwellO no lasting affects I hope?

As for anti vaxers and Covid deniers make them work on a Covid ward for a day, soon change their views.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:28 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:54 am Thought it was common knowledge that the ‘vaccine’ doesn’t stop you getting any variants?
the Vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness, reduces the risk of hospitalisation and ultimately it reduces the risk of death. but doesn't stop you catching it.
Are you a scientist JES? Genuine question, because you seem sure of what the vaccine does. I suspect you are not a scientist, but are simply repeating the stuff the government,tells you, which may or may not be true.

I think, Joe Public hasn't a clue whats what, but simply repeat what the government has told them to believe, which as i say, may or may not be true.

Governments have been known to lie to the population, from time to time,.

Im not having a dig at you, just genuinely interested to find out some truth
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Are you a flat earther? I'm not having a dig, just genuinely interested to find our some truth.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Jack wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:35 pm
Are you a scientist JES? Genuine question, because you seem sure of what the vaccine does. I suspect you are not a scientist, but are simply repeating the stuff the government,tells you, which may or may not be true.

I think, Joe Public hasn't a clue whats what, but simply repeat what the government has told them to believe, which as i say, may or may not be true.

100% correct. How can ordinary people know what's going on with scientific facts? We only know what we're told .
Just say for instance a new variant come along, and this new variant was not affected by the vaccine. The vaccine was totally useless against it.
Do you think the government, would come out and say, the vaccine doesn't work at all against this new variant.....I bet they wouldn't say that. We, the public would be told there is some efficacy against this new variant etc etc.
Governments lie, they have for ever and will continue to.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

I fully accept that the Government may not always be truthful. That said I would rather believe them than the imagination of some idiot on this message board. Not sure what the Government would gain by lying. It would soon get leaked, and also become pretty obvious when the hospital admissions and deaths markedly rise which they haven't.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:57 pm I fully accept that the Government may not always be truthful. That said I would rather believe them than the imagination of some idiot on this message board. Not sure what the Government would gain by lying. It would soon get leaked, and also become pretty obvious when the hospital admissions and deaths markedly rise which they haven't.
hospital admissions have doubled in the last two weeks actually, and deaths have increased a little too
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Deaths as a proportion of cases are far lower than they were at the equivalent point pre-vaccine programme. Either you believe the data or you don't.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Thanks for the history lesson re governments, who’d have known that governments don’t always tell the truth WOW!

I am not repeating government diatribe, there are lots of independent virologists and scientific organisations with absolutely no affiliation to the government and I follow those, don’t you think if the vaccine was an issue or not working on some variants that someone in the scientific community would come forward and say so?

Keep digging Jack because as someone once said “the truth is out there”.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:17 pm Deaths as a proportion of cases are far lower than they were at the equivalent point pre-vaccine programme. Either you believe the data or you don't.
He obviously doesn’t.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:46 pm

100% correct. How can ordinary people know what's going on with scientific facts? We only know what we're told .
Just say for instance a new variant come along, and this new variant was not affected by the vaccine. The vaccine was totally useless against it.
Do you think the government, would come out and say, the vaccine doesn't work at all against this new variant.....I bet they wouldn't say that. We, the public would be told there is some efficacy against this new variant etc etc.
You really are stupid - don’t you think with the vaccine not working as you suggest it wouldn’t hospitals would be overflowing and we would have deaths in their thousands every week. There are lots of sources independent of the government who deal with the science and the data, it’s just you seem to thick to understand that choosing conspiracy theory over science.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:32 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:46 pm

You really are stupid - don’t you think with the vaccine not working as you suggest it wouldn’t hospitals would be overflowing and we would have deaths in their thousands every week. There are lots of sources independent of the government who deal with the science and the data, it’s just you seem to thick to understand that choosing conspiracy theory over science.
I was indulging in a polite conversation, and then you think its ok to call me thick & stupid. You think personal attacks on another person is nice?
End of conversation
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

I think you really need to look at that post again Jack it’s not addressed at you.

Try looking at my reply to you four posts up.