Clueless Southgate

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Harlow
Fresh Alias

Re: Clueless Southgate

Post by Harlow »

Whoops. Forgot Trent was injured!!
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

What would your lineup and tactics be 🙈 Boy?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:19 pm I feel sorry for the fans who paid top money to watch that
I’m glad we didn’t win for every one of those racist Dummies that booed the players taking the knee then booed again at the final whistle.
Your the one being the dummy They're booing the fact players are taking the knee supporting a political blm group ALL LIVES MATTER.
The game was awful, Embleflop M2
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Harlow wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 am Also, despite the obvious ambition of fans to win every game, the reality of tournament football is different. You have to pace yourself, you also have to be sensible in the group games to get though.

I thought we were sh*t last night but if we qualify, that’s the first stage marked as a success. We will set up differently, with a different game plan and mindset playing France or Portugal in the last 16. It’s hard to be excited about as a fan, but Southgate is very practical and with 4 points, it’s pretty much job done.
I agree that qualifying for the next round is the immediate aim, but can we change the mindset overnight, I doubt it. The last 4 games (inc 2 friendlies) have been dire-perhaps more but I can't remember.

We put Shaw back in to combat Robertson. Has Southgate forgotten that we also have a Liverpool full back who bombs down the pitch and creates chances.

We have a squad full of Champions league/Europa league final players. Surely it isn't too difficult to have a decent England team
Shaw is a left back and so is Robertson. TAA was sh*t all season and lucky to be in the squad.

Also forgot TAA got injured :lol:
Last edited by BiggsyMalone on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 am What would your lineup and tactics be 🙈 Boy?
Difficult this one snowflake, I’d like to say put more creative players in but we can’t afford to loose the next game,personally I would like to see Mount,Grealish and Foden on the same team sheet but he won’t do that. I think he will stick with his usual two holding midfielders because he needs at least a point from his next game. I think Chilwell will maybe come in next time for his usual 433 boring formation. I hope I’m wrong but can’t see it. If it were me I’d go 41311 and just go for it but it ain’t going to happen.🙈
Pickford
James Stones Mings Chilwell
Rice/Phillips
Foden. Mount. Saka
Grealish
Kane
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Harlow wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:46 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:43 am

I agree that qualifying for the next round is the immediate aim, but can we change the mindset overnight, I doubt it. The last 4 games (inc 2 friendlies) have been dire-perhaps more but I can't remember.

We put Shaw back in to combat Robertson. Has Southgate forgotten that we also have a Liverpool full back who bombs down the pitch and creates chances.

We have a squad full of Champions league/Europa league final players. Surely it isn't too difficult to have a decent England team
Agree about the mindset. They were either told to be careful or they were shattered. But a home game against Scotland, you’d expect a minimum amount of aggression and intensity.

What Liverpool full back?
TAA
you know he got injured about 3 weeks ago and is on holiday somewhere, right?
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:30 am

Agree about the mindset. They were either told to be careful or they were shattered. But a home game against Scotland, you’d expect a minimum amount of aggression and intensity.

TAA
Yes, I already admitted I had forgotten he was injured, same as a I got mixed up between Luke Shaw and Reece James but thanks for your reply
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Harlow wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:30 am
TAA
Yes, I already admitted I had forgotten he was injured, same as a I got mixed up between Luke Shaw and Reece James but thanks for your reply
You admitted you forgotten and then you forgot again? or you are berating Southgate for not starting a player who isn't in the squad?
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

If he wanted to be more attacking he would have gone with tripier or even walker. Show the line up is less relivant than the match tactics. The team is set up with an inferiority complex with 6 of the 10 outfield players being defence minded and more of a warm up for spain or portugal where the defence will be tested.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:26 am Amazing How England reached the
World Cup Semi Final under Southgate .
Then lost to the first decent team they played.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

TAA
So you think the manager would be better if he picked players who are injured and unable to play?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

The injured TAA?
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Type high wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:58 am
Cheshunto wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:19 pm I feel sorry for the fans who paid top money to watch that
I’m glad we didn’t win for every one of those racist Dummies that booed the players taking the knee then booed again at the final whistle.
Your the one being the dummy They're booing the fact players are taking the knee supporting a political blm group ALL LIVES MATTER.
If their though processes are as incoherent as yours, then I think you're right
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

EH16 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:33 am
😁😁😁

I know
🤣
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

jamespevans wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:28 pm

“ Though”😁?
Oh the irony.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Still wrong wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 pm

“ Though”😁?
Oh the irony.
Thanks for the spell check. Your are essential to this board.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

jamespevans wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:17 pm
Still wrong wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 pm

“ Though”😁?
Oh the irony.
Thanks for the spell check. Your are essential to this board.
Or even you’re.😉
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

KVN wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:14 am If he wanted to be more attacking he would have gone with tripier or even walker. Show the line up is less relivant than the match tactics. The team is set up with an inferiority complex with 6 of the 10 outfield players being defence minded and more of a warm up for spain or portugal where the defence will be tested.
Reece James and Luke Shaw are more attacking than Trippier and Walker. Or at least, aren't there for their defensive ability.

Strangely, though, they looked like they were told not to get much further than the half-way line.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

I saw a few Scottish fans down Oxford Street earlier on, they're as happy as pigs in sh1t, you'd think they'd won the cup.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

I let my five year old and two year old stay up late to watch the game. Upside is I've probably turned them off football for life.

I thought Scotland were excellent, organisationally. We were completely flat. Our movement was lazy and predictable. We had two holding midfielders who just gave it to the lads up front who had to create something for themselves in the most crowded part of the pitch. Not very good from Southgate. The Rashford change took the biscuit for me. You've got zero space in behind, your only attacking outlets are already runners and you bring on the channel runner Rashford. Smacks of a manager clutching at straws.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

PutneyO wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:44 pm I saw a few Scottish fans down Oxford Street earlier on, they're as happy as pigs in sh1t, you'd think they'd won the cup.
Their tournament is/was all about not losing to England.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Eat The Rich wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:47 pm I let my five year old and two year old stay up late to watch the game. Upside is I've probably turned them off football for life.

I thought Scotland were excellent, organisationally. We were completely flat. Our movement was lazy and predictable. We had two holding midfielders who just gave it to the lads up front who had to create something for themselves in the most crowded part of the pitch. Not very good from Southgate. The Rashford change took the biscuit for me. You've got zero space in behind, your only attacking outlets are already runners and you bring on the channel runner Rashford. Smacks of a manager clutching at straws.
Agree with all of that. Would have preferred Calvert-Lewin. Change tack and hit up some balls for him to flick on or hold up for the flair players. I'd actually start him next game and give Kane a rest. First half there was actually a fair bit of space between their defence and midfield as they were pushing up against our holding midfielders. Problem was we just wanted to pass the ball around on the floor. A few balls over their midfield would have gotten foden, kane and mount into the game, who as our most dangerous players, had about 10 touches between them.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 am Also, despite the obvious ambition of fans to win every game, the reality of tournament football is different. You have to pace yourself, you also have to be sensible in the group games to get though.

I thought we were sh*t last night but if we qualify, that’s the first stage marked as a success. We will set up differently, with a different game plan and mindset playing France or Portugal in the last 16. It’s hard to be excited about as a fan, but Southgate is very practical and with 4 points, it’s pretty much job done.

We have players with pace and skill. But a manager that is lacking in tactics to get the best of the players. Have never liked Southgate as an England manager .Tactics that are slow and easily read by the opposition. Taking off Foden at that time was ridiculous.
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

I think France are trying to finish 2nd now so they can get England after they watched Southgate's tactic and England's perfomance vs Scotland.
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

EH16 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:33 am
Absolutely spot on