England Vs Croatia

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: England Vs Croatia

Post by Mistadobalina »

Phillips completely showing me up there. Never been all that impressed with him for England before but he was immense today. All round very solid. Still think a proper left back would do us a lot of favours going forward but we were tight defensively and looked completely in control throughout.

Croatia were worse than I expected mind. Looked like an ageing side with a lack of talent coming through.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Phillips was immense and Mings was the pick of the central defenders, dealt with everything that came his way.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Love to see some of the same idiots showing they know nothing about football. I don’t agree with all of the starting XI but I’ll give the guys who got us to a World Cup semi the benefit of the doubt
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:22 pm Love to see some of the same idiots showing they know nothing about football. I don’t agree with all of the starting XI but I’ll give the guys who got us to a World Cup semi the benefit of the doubt
I wouldn't by beating Croatia they have played right into Scotland's hands.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:05 pm Disappointed in the lack of booing but the happy clappy’s have infiltrated England’s support in the last few years. Game was boring.
There was definite booing initially but it got drowned out by all the Marxist clapping.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Our centre halves are our weak spot, so you have to go with 2 in front of them.

That bloke from mid table Leeds the clear MOTM.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:02 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 pm Fully deserved win, but these message board mongs know best
Pleased with that word “mongs” are you? Muppet.
Don’t get salty just cos Southgate made you look like a mug
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:46 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:17 pm

Yesterday’s heroes are now a relatively poor team.
They’re not even remotely a poor side. They didn’t play very well going forward today, but I fully expect them to win both of their other games.

Impressed with the second half. Much better tempo and much more movement amongst the three behind Kane. Phillips the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Outstanding display. Not overly impressed by the fullbacks - hopefully Southgate will give TAA and one of the left backs a run out against the group minnows on Friday.
TAA is out of the tournament, remember.
Ah. Missed that. Reece James, then.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:00 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:54 pm Fully deserved win, but these message board mongs know best
Mug? Let's face it, we were not that wonderful. Grateful for the win, however.

Would have liked a "statement" performance, that announced that England are a major contender.

(If I were a Mod, the use of the word "Mong" would get a warning, at least. Feel sure the bloke would hesitate to say it face to face.)
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Was a good goal. Croatia were 2nd best and caused few scares to our defence. Wasn’t a great match in the heat, and we lost our way after the up and at ‘em start, but happy enough with a win.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:34 am

Would have liked a "statement" performance, that announced that England are a major contender.

(If I were a Mod, the use of the word "Mong" would get a warning, at least. Feel sure the bloke would hesitate to say it face to face.)
Agreed & correct - "Mong" is not a welcome term around these parts.
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:55 pm Never mind everyone, Shearer was "very impressed" with the first half display from England
He was a great striker in his day for certain.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

You rarely get that sort of performance in the first game, and we weren’t even playing against one of the weaker teams. Maybe not one of the very top teams but they’re definitely stronger than most in this tournament.

Winning the game was the most important thing, which we deservedly did and were comfortably the better team.

I don’t know what else people were expecting. And yeah, looking at your posts on this thread (Southgate got every call you disagreed with correct), he’s absolutely made you look a mug
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Think Southgate set us up not to lose, and I think that's fine, against one of our main bogey teams..

We Didn't create much, in the way of clear chances, but I thought we contained Croatia extremely well.

Phillips/Mings the pick of the bunch...we looked fairly comfortable and organised.

This was arguably the hardest game of our 3 group games, and we won: I for one am happy with that, though clearly plenty aren't..
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:56 am

You rarely get that sort of performance in the first game, and we weren’t even playing against one of the weaker teams. Maybe not one of the very top teams but they’re definitely stronger than most in this tournament.

Winning the game was the most important thing, which we deservedly did and were comfortably the better team.

I don’t know what else people were expecting. And yeah, looking at your posts on this thread (Southgate got every call you disagreed with correct), he’s absolutely made you look a mug
Absolutely :D (We shall never know what Grealish might have contributed, shall we?) Let's not get carried away yet....
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Scuba Diver wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 am Think Southgate set us up not to lose, and I think that's fine, against one of our main bogey teams..

We Didn't create much, in the way of clear chances, but I thought we contained Croatia extremely well.

Phillips/Mings the pick of the bunch...we looked fairly comfortable and organised.

This was arguably the hardest game of our 3 group games, and we won: I for one am happy with that, though clearly plenty aren't..

Correct on the first part not so sure Croatia will be the hardest think the jocks will, this is there cup final and they now have a good coach in charge, really don’t know why Southgate refuses to put Grealish in the team even as sub can only assume it may be a little personal 🙈
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Happy with that performance. The one thing that stood out was walker at right back and trippier at left back, that needs to change in the next match
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Still wrong wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:34 pm The cowards line up. 4 2 3 1.
6 defensive players.
How the hell did Southgate get anywhere near the England job.
Great win.

I have to ask, do you get tired of being wrong every time you post, or are you used to it by now?

Conversely, is this purely a troll account because some of your opinions are genuinely bizarre.