And Wilkinson!!!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: And Wilkinson!!!

Post by Ornchurch »

gshaw wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:14 pm
Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm
gshaw wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:40 pm Pleased about this, a lazy player who didn't want to put himself about or work for the team. Would rather miss a shot than help a teammate to score and never tracked back either.

Brought in as a striker and decided to play himself out wide, part of why the team was so unbalanced last season stemmed from that.
Decided to play himself out wide? Really? And the managers had no say?
Remember the Embleton interview where he said "Connor wants to play out wide". Player told the manager where he was playing.
So he told the manager where he preferred to play and the manager agreed. That’s slightly different.

The way you put was like he was picked at centre forward and plonked himself on the wing 😄
Superos
Fresh Alias

Post by Superos »

Not worried at all about this clearout if you dont want to sign go. Trust in kenny
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:31 pm I didn't realise he was already 26, I thought he was younger. Really not fussed about this, I think Kemp is better suited to playing as RW and Wilkinson's lack of flexibility position wise meant he was only ever able to play that specific role. Has a lot of talent but didn't put in the graft with us to make the most of it. Dreadful in the air for a player of his size, not particularly quick nor strong and doesn't seem able to play as an out and out forward.
Don’t disagree with most of your post, but how anyone can think Kemp can (or should) play out wide is beyond me. Doesn’t have the strength or pace to play out wide and did all of his best work as a #10.
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

Agree, as a roaming midfielder around the strikers. I think KJ will like him. He has the right attitude
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:11 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:31 pm I didn't realise he was already 26, I thought he was younger. Really not fussed about this, I think Kemp is better suited to playing as RW and Wilkinson's lack of flexibility position wise meant he was only ever able to play that specific role. Has a lot of talent but didn't put in the graft with us to make the most of it. Dreadful in the air for a player of his size, not particularly quick nor strong and doesn't seem able to play as an out and out forward.
Don’t disagree with most of your post, but how anyone can think Kemp can (or should) play out wide is beyond me. Doesn’t have the strength or pace to play out wide and did all of his best work as a #10.
Dean Cox?
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

gshaw wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:14 pm
Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm
gshaw wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:40 pm Pleased about this, a lazy player who didn't want to put himself about or work for the team. Would rather miss a shot than help a teammate to score and never tracked back either.

Brought in as a striker and decided to play himself out wide, part of why the team was so unbalanced last season stemmed from that.
Decided to play himself out wide? Really? And the managers had no say?
Remember the Embleton interview where he said "Connor wants to play out wide". Player told the manager where he was playing.
May not agree but a good leader shows leadership and often gets rid of those who are popular. Let’s hope he proves correct. A great leader also makes unpopular decisions.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 pm
Dean Cox?
Clearly not. I can spell for a start.

KMT
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:10 pm I will miss all the blasteroonies from Wilkinson. :(
This is the main reason I’m disappointed he’s gone, it’s just as my catchphrase was taking off. :(((
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Kemps worst performances came when he played centrally.

That might be due to other factors, and I’m not saying he can’t play there - I would have thought he could with the right players around him - but he didn’t show it last season.