Derek Adams ...

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Re: Derek Adams ...

Post by Top of the JES »

He went to Doncaster about 10 days ago.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Said in his interview before todays game that Morecambe have the lowest wage bill in League Two .
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:01 pm Said in his interview before todays game that Morecambe have the lowest wage bill in League Two .
Not surprised by that at all. Their recruitment was top notch. I said to people before the season started to keep an eye on Morecambe.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

McAnuff is on the pundit panel
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Adams is now boss of a league 1 outfit
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Not good enough for us Ling you absolute bafoon but good enough to get promotion for Morecombe.
Should have got him in after the sad loss of JE.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Ling will be proved right when we are promoted by next Easter with Morecombe adrift at the bottom of L1 even after sacking Adams after a disastrous start to the campaign.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Well done Morecambe and manager Derek Adams who has done a very fine job on a low budget !
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

The Mindsweep wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:44 pm Ling will be proved right when we are promoted by next Easter with Morecombe adrift at the bottom of L1 even after sacking Adams after a disastrous start to the campaign.
Dont be so mean and bitter, can you please let Derek Adams and his team have their moment of glory without these sour grape comments.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoundhillO wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:40 pm Not good enough for us Ling you absolute bafoon but good enough to get promotion for Morecombe.
As much as I'd have preferred Adams it doesn't mean we'd have been promoted if we had appointed him.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:48 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:40 pm Not good enough for us Ling you absolute bafoon but good enough to get promotion for Morecombe.
As much as I'd have preferred Adams it doesn't mean we'd have been promoted if we had appointed him.
He has been proven to be a winner unlike the absolute failures brought in except for the late great JE of course.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoundhillO wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:48 pm
He has been proven to be a winner unlike the absolute failures brought in except for the late great JE of course.
Yeah I agree with that, but it doesn't mean Adams would have got us promoted.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I think the club has already acknowledged they made a mistake .At least they have learned by that mistake by hiring Kenny Jackett . With a little luck and please God next season will be our turn to go up and return back to League One.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:56 pm
I think the club has already acknowledged they made a mistake .At least they have learned by that mistake by hiring Kenny Jackett . With a little luck and please God next season will be our turn to go up and return back to League One.
I hope the club have learnt their mistakes, I just hope they let Kenny Jackett bring in the signings he wants to get us promoted next season.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:00 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:56 pm
I hope the club have learnt their mistakes, I just hope they let Kenny Jackett bring in the signings he wants to get us promoted next season.
I doubt we would've been able to sign KJ unless we were able to give him the budget necessary to get him the players he wants. Remember though it's also down to those players to want to come to us .
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

Glad that Morecambe went up. I'm no fan of the play offs at all. Morecambe were the fourth best team in the league last year so they deserve to go up. Interesting to see that Brentford finished 3rd and went up and so did Blackpool. Pleased for all of them.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Interesting to note that the O’s are now on their fourth manager since turning down Adams In October 2019 ! Hopefully the Board look as though they have got it right this time round!🤞
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Milano wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:39 pm Adams is now boss of a league 1 outfit
Heard he treated Ellison, a very loayal servant to Morecambe, like a piece of rubbish and made him train on his own before being released. Adams may have got them to League 1 but pleased he isn't with us.....very much a Steve Evans type of character.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

redintheface wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:36 pm Interesting to note that the O’s are now on their fourth manager since turning down Adams In October 2019 ! Hopefully the Board look as though they have got it right this time round!🤞
I'm very pleased to have turned him down. He's a wrong 'un.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm
redintheface wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:36 pm Interesting to note that the O’s are now on their fourth manager since turning down Adams In October 2019 ! Hopefully the Board look as though they have got it right this time round!🤞
I don’t anything about the man personally so unable to comment. I do know that he has done a really good job at Morecambe and, before that Plymouth Argyle. Imho the odds are he would have been a more successful appointment than any of Fletcher/ Embleton/ McAnuff but it’s all water under the bridge now .
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

I appreciate that one has to be professional, but sending ball boys home when your team is winning crosses the line in my opinion. I remember the ball boy antics getting Liam Kelly sent off a few years back. With VAR Newport and not Morecambe win the playoffs. Watching the post match interview and his lack of sympathy towards hard done by Newport just highlighted that he is not nice. Some people might think we missed out, I'm happy without thank you.
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

The bloke is a winner and would have
been a success in E10 alas was deemed
not to be the right fit for us..
That’s why we are a run of the mill,
bang average mates team division 2
club ..
He’s got clubs promoted...
but hey ho at least we’ve got our
club back ..
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

redintheface wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:40 pm
Loyal_Supporter wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm
I don’t anything about the man personally so unable to comment. I do know that he has done a really good job at Morecambe and, before that Plymouth Argyle. Imho the odds are he would have been a more successful appointment than any of Fletcher/ Embleton/ McAnuff but it’s all water under the bridge now .
Obviously dont know the guy personally but it's been noted a few times he has an attitude problem when working.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:40 pm
Milano wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:39 pm Adams is now boss of a league 1 outfit
Heard he treated Ellison, a very loayal servant to Morecambe, like a piece of rubbish and made him train on his own before being released. Adams may have got them to League 1 but pleased he isn't with us.....very much a Steve Evans type of character.
Imagine deciding a player wasn’t suitable for whatever reason, and excluding them from the squad.

What sort of manager would Boco a player like that? He must be a really bad man.
The Big Shot
Fresh Alias

Post by The Big Shot »

I've always thought Adams was a good clever manager, can't knock what he's done in his coaching career with Ross County, Plymouth and Morecambe - BUT, he works a certain way which isn't to everyones taste and he has been known to cause problems behind the scenes at all of his clubs despite his successes. The Kevin Ellison incident has happened to him before when he was at Ross County too, so he clearly does things a certain way behind closed doors.

At the time, I didn't think he'd suit us or the squad we had because of the circumstances the club found itself in, having lost JE in tragic circumstances. I don't think his methods would've worked or been succesful here having lost JE the way we did - You've only got to look at the way the players we had responded to Fletcher's methods, thats not to say our board got that correct btw, far from it because it was clearly their biggest mistake to date.

I think people need to look at the bigger picture regarding Derek Adams and move on from him - Good capable manager, but at the time in late 2019 he wasn't best suited to us at the time. He maybe further down the line, but due to the way he is I don't believe that he'd have been a good fit for us when he was interviewed.