Tisdale

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Tisdale

Post by tuffers#1 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:09 pm Realistically, I don't see how a club of our size could do much better. 3 promotions, several play off place finishes, has a good reputation in the lower leagues. After all the whining about our previous two managers not being experienced enough, it'd be odd to the extreme to complain about appointing Tisdale.
I wouldnt say there was a majority of fans clamouring for Jobi not to get the gig
A samll band did not want him at the club
1 can only surmise as to why .

Tisdale was a Disaster at Bristol Rovers
Relegated MK dons from L1 to L2
Why should people not fear he could relegate us ?
He might be succesful he might not be .

Personally would rather Jobi got the job .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed May 19, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Calderwood...not the supporters choice.
Jacket....wage and players he wants would cost to much.
Tisdale...cheaper option all round.
Please don’t hold me to this one but Lampard or Eddie Howe to Crystal Palace.
Rafa Benitez or Sean Dyche To Spuds. 🙈
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

You say this
BigDaddyO wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:38 am This forum is actually garbage.

@Max B Gold: 'No to Tisdale from me.'
@Ronnie Hotdogs: 'I'm calling it now, he'll be an unmitigated disaster.'

We've just appointed someone with over 700 games as manager,

Over 440 of these games were not won

I swear some of you actively take joy from wanting us to be bad.

We will be in league 1 within 2 years, mark my words.

Up the Os.
How would you like your words marked black felt ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

We've just appointed someone with over 700 games as manager, experience at being promoted from this league multiple times, and someone who is clearly well thought of in the game (and not Ling's mate), and all you spout is yet more negativity.

Get behind the manager and give him a chance. Could it go tits up? Absolutely, but success is never guaranteed, especially at this level.

Up the Os.
Soz for having an opinion. Post reported to the Free Speech Union.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Really don’t get the love in for Tisdale. I’m sure anyone given 12 years at a club could get a promotion or 2. Win/loss ratio is hardly that impressive, especially given the fact that there are 3 promotions there!
What a balls up - the club was in a great position with Jobi starting with a clean sheet but very much a head start to the forthcoming season. I was proud that we had given a black manager an opportunity at Leyton Orient, where clearly the football industry seems to take the absolute pi ss when it comes to equal opportunities😡
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:13 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:09 pm Realistically, I don't see how a club of our size could do much better. 3 promotions, several play off place finishes, has a good reputation in the lower leagues. After all the whining about our previous two managers not being experienced enough, it'd be odd to the extreme to complain about appointing Tisdale.
Tisdale was a Disaster at Bristol Rovers but better than the guy before him and the one after
Relegated MK dons from L1 to L2 Completely wrong - he got them promoted

EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

I wouldnt say there was a majority of fans clamouring for Jobi not to get the gig

Tisdale wasn't at Bristol Rovers that long, manager before him was a disaster, manager after him a disaster, that record points more to the club than the succession of managers in my book.

Yes fair point re MK Dons relegation, albeit Tisdale left them in the November of that season having got them promoted in the first place.

Still comes back to my view that if we appoint a manager who has some success on his CV at the level we are at, he has already proved he has what it takes to get a club promoted, in his case three times, twice out of L2 with different clubs. It doesn't guarantee success, but given the succession of inexperienced managers we've had who haven't delivered, I know who I think is the better bet, including Jobi, who signed out with four straight defeats where we conceded twelve goals
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Anyone at this level with experience and success to his name will also have failure and fans somewhere for whom he is the devil incarnate.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I can't be arsed to go back that far but I wonder if the same people complaining about this potential appointment were whining about Edinburgh when he came in. Had more conspicuous failures and less successes in his CV than Tisdale does at this point.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Real Al wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:46 pm Anyone at this level with experience and success to his name will also have failure and fans somewhere for whom he is the devil incarnate.
This.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:52 pm I can't be arsed to go back that far but I wonder if the same people complaining about this potential appointment were whining about Edinburgh when he came in. Had more conspicuous failures and less successes in his CV than Tisdale does at this point.
As a whinner I was pleased with the appointment of Edinburgh.

Not now whinning about Tisdale but prefer Jackett. I fully accept that the majority of managers have their fair share of sackings/failures etc. That's the football management game.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:13 pm Tisdale was a Disaster at Bristol Rovers
Bristol Rovers were a disaster, they finished bottom of L1, 10 points off safety. Tisdale won more games than Barton or Garner and left Bristol Rovers outside of the relegation zone. In context, hardly points to Tisdale being a disaster, rather a victim of circumstance.

Some of the takes here are incredible.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I think Tisdale still as a point to prove and he’s younger whereby Jacket doesn’t have to prove anything,but in all honesty there’s not much between them🙈
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Seem to recall people clamouring for Tisdale at the Time of Fletcher/Ross. I also recall Ling saying someone of his calibre would not consider us.

If Jackett was never in the running I’m sure many would be satisfied with Tisdale. I will be for sure.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

How many relegations?
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:19 pm You say this

We've just appointed someone with over 700 games as manager,

Over 440 of these games were not won

Up the Os.
How would you like your words marked black felt ?
Mark them however you feel mate - presumably from your wind up posts only black felt will do.

League 1 within 2 seasons.
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

'Tisdale was a Disaster at Bristol Rovers' - do you know anything about the situation at Bristol Rovers, or did you just pull up Tisdale's wiki page and start assuming things? :D The club were in turmoil and Tis did better than predecessor or successor.

'Relegated MK dons from L1 to L2' - I think you're just flat out incorrect here. He got them promoted and departed in November, months and months before they were relegated, but fine?

'A samll band did not want him at the club' - inexperience as a manager aside, I think 99% of Os fans think a lot of Jobi and wish him only the best. Personally he's one of my favourite Os players of all time, but I thought he was only ok as manager, after some shaky/unambitious appointments I'm pleased we didn't go out on a limb again with Jobi, but wish him all the best.

You seem to take perverse joy from implying everyone at the club is racist, a bizarre hill to die on.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Dohnut wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:20 pm Seem to recall people clamouring for Tisdale at the Time of Fletcher/Ross. I also recall Ling saying someone of his calibre would not consider us.

If Jackett was never in the running I’m sure many would be satisfied with Tisdale. I will be for sure.
Was Tisdale not with a League One club at the time?
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:55 pm
Dohnut wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:20 pm Seem to recall people clamouring for Tisdale at the Time of Fletcher/Ross. I also recall Ling saying someone of his calibre would not consider us.

He was indeed MK Dons manager when Fletcher was appointed, but had left there by the time Fletcher was sacked.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Can his name be worked into the No hair but we don't care song?

Could be a game changer
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

A Pedant wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:18 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:55 pm

He was indeed MK Dons manager when Fletcher was appointed, but had left there by the time Fletcher was sacked.
Tbh I can’t remember the exact timing. But at some point before Ross got the gig I think he was unemployed. I recall Ling saying something like if he was interested he would have let the club know even through the football grapevine. Some were of the opinion that it’s better to go ask and get refused than to make such assumptions as he would not join us.

At that time it may well have been true. Or not. But it would have been good to find out. Nothing ventured etc.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Senior management in big business dont need to worry about things like facts.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:00 pm Senior management in big business dont need to worry about things like facts.
Not facts that don’t matter. Just clutters the brain cells.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:54 pm
Tbh I can’t remember the exact timing.
:lol: :clown :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Real Al wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:40 pm
Tisdale was a Disaster at Bristol Rovers but better than the guy before him and the one afterwho cares about before & aft
Relegated MK dons from L1 to L2 Completely wrong - he got them promoted
completely corect about the relegation . After a club record amount of defeats they let him go