Derek Adams ...

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Re: Derek Adams ...

Post by Hedmans Header »

The winning run just continues
on a shoestring budget ..
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Hedmans Header wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:58 pm The winning run just continues
Well after about 3 interviews and a million meetings they decided Fletcher was a better candidate.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

All speculation of course but I wouldn’t mind betting we’d be at least where Morecambe are in the table right now if he had been appointed 18 months ago!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Still only in a play off spot .

If he was any good they would be top 3 .
He couldnt even beat us when Ross the Hat was in charge !!
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 pm

I think you’ll find that they did beat us 2-1 at their place back in December when RE was in charge .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Adams would have been wrong for us. It would only have been a matter of time before him and OFF were clashing furiously.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

redintheface wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:49 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 pm

I think you’ll find that they did beat us 2-1 at their place back in December when RE was in charge .
I think you will also find that Ross the Boss led the O's to a 2-0 win in January .

Good teams like Cambridge & Chtenham beat us home & away !
😜
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I think Adams would definitely get you promotion but I’m not sure how the supporters would take to him and if they would like his style of football and management. I definitely think Ling and Adams would clash at some point but just look at the facts.Ross County,Plymouth and now Morecambe and is there budget more than Orients? Let’s be honest a lot of supporters at the beginning of a season are hoping to get enough points to avoid relegation and then start thinking of the playoffs and promotion. With Adams in charge I think that mind set would change. Having Ling in control (which he is)you don’t know what season your going to have. It’s a question of when are we getting promoted or if we get promoted or even can we avoid relegation? Think you have to decide if you want success or just be happy as we are? I’d take Adams every day of the week but I appreciate some wouldn’t 🙈
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:26 am I think Adams would definitely get you promotion but I’m not sure how the supporters would take to him and if they would like his style of football and management. I definitely think Ling and Adams would clash at some point but just look at the facts.Ross County,Plymouth and now Morecambe and is there budget more than Orients? Let’s be honest a lot of supporters at the beginning of a season are hoping to get enough points to avoid relegation and then start thinking of the playoffs and promotion. With Adams in charge I think that mind set would change. Having Ling in control (which he is)you don’t know what season your going to have. It’s a question of when are we getting promoted or if we get promoted or even can we avoid relegation? Think you have to decide if you want success or just be happy as we are? I’d take Adams every day of the week but I appreciate some wouldn’t 🙈
& Now Morecambe ?

He has done nothing at Morecambe yet !

Other than extend his clubs season by 2 games.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Come on tuffers theres a nice gentleman, I’m sure you would swap Morecambes season with ours surly? But you do have a point but there again so have I😀🙊
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm Come on tuffers theres a nice gentleman, I’m sure you would swap Morecambes season with ours surly? But you do have a point but there again so have I😀🙊
Why would i Swap a Season ?

Surely the ESL debacle would show you that in the words of PEP G ,
Football is about Effort & Reward .

If every season is a Big Season then they are not special seasons ,
They become Bog Standard .

Apathy is Not REWARD !

Pain & Learning are what reaps REWARD !
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:26 am I think Adams would definitely get you promotion but I’m not sure how the supporters would take to him and if they would like his style of football and management. I definitely think Ling and Adams would clash at some point but just look at the facts.Ross County,Plymouth and now Morecambe and is there budget more than Orients? Let’s be honest a lot of supporters at the beginning of a season are hoping to get enough points to avoid relegation and then start thinking of the playoffs and promotion. With Adams in charge I think that mind set would change. Having Ling in control (which he is)you don’t know what season your going to have. It’s a question of when are we getting promoted or if we get promoted or even can we avoid relegation? Think you have to decide if you want success or just be happy as we are? I’d take Adams every day of the week but I appreciate some wouldn’t 🙈
Think you’ve nailed it with the comment “ mind set would change”.👍
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

redintheface wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:55 am
How has he nailed it ?
Morecambe havent been promoted as of yet .
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:30 am
How has he nailed it ?
Chillax. They won't be promoted Grizzly Adams will find a way to blow it.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:38 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:30 am

How has he nailed it ?
Chillax. They won't be promoted Grizzly Adams will find a way to blow it.
Good Call Maxy
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

Could we have coped with his brand of
football and will to win ..
Won today with 26% possession..
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am Adams would have been wrong for us. It would only have been a matter of time before him and OFF were clashing furiously.
I don’t give a flying **** about our DOF, its about getting a winning Manager and getting promoted above all else and Derek Adams fits the bill.
It’s time for our owners to get in a proven, experienced Manager that is a winner instead of the dross we have had to put up with since the sad death of JE .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:40 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am Adams would have been wrong for us. It would only have been a matter of time before him and OFF were clashing furiously.
I don’t give a flying **** about our DOF, its about getting a winning Manager and getting promoted above all else and Derek Adams fits the bill.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I'm quite sure we'd be better off in the league right now and be quids in by saving on Fletchers compensation .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:40 pm
It’s time for our owners to get in a proven, experienced Manager that is a winner instead of the dross we have had to put up with since the sad death of JE .
👍🙊
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I was just thinking, looks like Fletcher was right about our players after all . Clear out needed during the Summer
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:09 pm I was just thinking, looks like Fletcher was right about our players after all . Clear out needed during the Summer
That’s why they got rid of him. The thing that concerns me about Jobi is his inability to change formations and not to experiment in the last few games. The playoffs were over 3or4 games ago. Whether or not he has the players to do so he could have found out which ones were adaptable or not? an opportunity lost I think. It’s ok experimenting in friendlies but it would have been more beneficial in a more competitive game IMO. I have reservations 🙊
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

Time to eat humble pie
pay the compensation
and get this WINNER
in the door ..
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:46 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:09 pm I was just thinking, looks like Fletcher was right about our players after all . Clear out needed during the Summer
That’s why they got rid of him. The thing that concerns me about Jobi is his inability to change formations and not to experiment in the last few games. The playoffs were over 3or4 games ago. Whether or not he has the players to do so he could have found out which ones were adaptable or not? an opportunity lost I think. It’s ok experimenting in friendlies but it would have been more beneficial in a more competitive game IMO. I have reservations 🙊
Leyton Orient last 5 League games of the season...W-L-L-L-L
Morecambe Last 5 League games of the season....W-W-L-W-W

Morecambe's fourth place is their joint-highest pyramid finish and they will face Tranmere Rovers in the play-offs.
It marks a turnaround for the club having finished in the bottom seven of the table for the past five seasons, and comes 11 years after their only previous appearance in the League Two play-offs.
"To finish with 23 wins out of 46 games, and to finish fourth in the league, is a fantastic season," boss Derek Adams told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"We've come up against teams in this division that are bigger and have spent more money than us, but it's not all about that.
"It's about a wee bit of spirit, a wee bit of ability, a good bit of organisation and an ability to score goals and not concede, and we've done that throughout the season."
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Bradford interested apparently
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:26 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:46 pm
Leyton Orient last 5 League games of the season...W-L-L-L-L
Morecambe Last 5 League games of the season....W-W-L-W-W

Morecambe's fourth place is their joint-highest pyramid finish and they will face Tranmere Rovers in the play-offs.
It marks a turnaround for the club having finished in the bottom seven of the table for the past five seasons, and comes 11 years after their only previous appearance in the League Two play-offs.
"To finish with 23 wins out of 46 games, and to finish fourth in the league, is a fantastic season," boss Derek Adams told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"We've come up against teams in this division that are bigger and have spent more money than us, but it's not all about that.
"It's about a wee bit of spirit, a wee bit of ability, a good bit of organisation and an ability to score goals and not concede, and we've done that throughout the season."
Not a good fit for us.
Can’t see him sitting and listening to a load of bollocks spoken by the transfer committee.
That will probably rule out any decent manager who has a backbone.