Guesses for new manager

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Guesses for new manager

Post by cockhat »

We’ve just been promoted. We need a proven manager, Ross would be out of his depth and I don’t think Jobi would cut the mustard.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:35 pm My guess, they will go with the soft option and Ross will get the gig, assisted of course by others already at the club.
Not a good option in my book, Ross is just a school kid, no player would look up to him, what has he achieved so far, now't.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

cockhat wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm We’ve just been promoted. We need a proven manager, Ross would be out of his depth and I don’t think Jobi would cut the mustard.
Correct.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Fatty Evans take a bow.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Jobi for me. Just have a hunch he will go on to have a great managerial career at the very highest level.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

I personally think if it’s kept in house it will be Webb not Embleton or McAnuff
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

point nine one eight wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:41 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:35 pm My guess, they will go with the soft option and Ross will get the gig, assisted of course by others already at the club.
Not a good option in my book, Ross is just a school kid, no player would look up to him, what has he achieved so far, now't.
Ross does come across that way, best keeping him to being a coach..
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 pm Love Jobi and don’t think it’s he worst choice but I have three issues with it if true:
1- he has no managerial experience at all. We are a newly promoted team with a lot of young players, in a difficult situation that even a well seasoned manager might struggle to contain.
2- what happens if we are bottom in December...he gets sacked?
3- where does it leave Webb and embleton? A sh*t situation and then they are snubbed for a player with no experience.
Agreed. I don't think Ross wants to be a manager (or didn't) whereas Danny may have his nose put out. If unsuccessful, we don't need a sacked manager going on strike as a player. I'd hope Jobi starts his management induction tomorrow but as some form of coach. Ideally I would like a new and progressive man coming in, but I'd be happy with Danny. Showed a lot more dignity than quite a few before and after him when given an opportunity before.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 pm
In my book he's just a yes man and goofer, Martin's lap boy
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

I’d leave everyone where they are. Add Jobi to coaching team and bring Slade back as manager. He knows the club.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

HenleyO wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:01 pm I’d leave everyone where they are. Add Jobi to coaching team and bring Slade back as manager. He knows the club.
Good shout but doubt that will happen.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

point nine one eight wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:01 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 pm

In my book he's just a yes man and goofer, Martin's lap boy
Ross comes across a bit like that doesn't he !!
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:16 pm
eagwgw wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:10 pm Don't want it to be Ross... Looked out of his depth last time he was caretaker.

Strikes me as a good coach I think it would be hard to man manage players, although he could play the 'good cop' role quite well.

I would love it if Jobi did well enough to be manager long term, I do think he's a future manager.
Jobi for me edges it over Webby... Jobi I feel could be quite a similar character to Justin in that he can be tough if he needed to be and commands respect.
Agree 100% about Ross, he may be an ok Coach, but I do not think he is a strong enough character to be the manager of Leyton Orient.
Unless someone comes from outside, I think it could be on a trial type basis for one of the current coaching staff ( including Jobi )
An rank outsider for the job could be Matt Harrold, he stood in as a tempory manager at Crawley Town !!
Ross is passionate, but cannot control his temper, but we all know he is not manager material, I really know nothing about Webby, but the gigs too big for him yet, I really would love Slade back,
i honestly feel he could do the job remember he left due to discontent from Bechetti for average results not poor results but he can dig himself out of a hole, I think he could interact with Ling & the owners really well, as a man manager there is no better, knows how to buy, doesn't take sh*t & the basic truth is he has operated in League 1 so his brownie points are statistically better than anyone we've had in the last 30 or so years.

Yeh Slade all day...

500 extra season tickets would be sold in a week if this happened,
He's got no hair but I don't care...
Last edited by Andersonitis on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Danny Webb for me. He did well when he was there a couple of years ago.
I would prefer Jobi stayed on the pitch as I think we’re gonna need him next season, for as long as he stays fit.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

HenleyO wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:01 pm I’d leave everyone where they are. Add Jobi to coaching team and bring Slade back as manager. He knows the club.
Tbh this is my preferred solution. Knows the club, liked by the fans, experienced and likely able to manage taking over from JE with sensitivity. Would be very happy with this as a solution and as he is currently unemployed, ready to go.

Gut feeling is Ross Plus support from others in the club. Continuity sort of thing.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Slade is yesterday's man. Was utterly woeful at Grimsby and Coventry and generally disliked by both fanbases.

I would be genuinely disappointed if it was him.
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 pm Slade is yesterday's man. Was utterly woeful at Grimsby and Coventry and generally disliked by both fanbases.

Ok so to put in context, if Ross or Webby got the gig you'd be happy as long as it was't Slade,
I would be nervous as sh*t if those 2 were even considered Jobi too tbh.
Last edited by Andersonitis on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Well I ask myself if Slade is so damn good why is he still frecking jobless
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Andersonitis wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:15 pm
Buddy Manucci wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 pm Slade is yesterday's man. Was utterly woeful at Grimsby and Coventry and generally disliked by both fanbases.

Ok so to put in context, if Ross or Webby got the gig you'd be happy as long as it was't Slade
I have already stated I want Webb to get the job.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:09 pm Danny Webb for me. He did well when he was there a couple of years ago.
I would prefer Jobi stayed on the pitch as I think we’re gonna need him next season, for as long as he stays fit.
Wright is here to replace Jobi as first choice CM. He still has a part to play, I’d want him in the squad every game, but he ain’t starting 40+ games for us this year. So don’t think him taking on the managers role will impact us on the playing side too greatly.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm Jobi for me. Just have a hunch he will go on to have a great managerial career at the very highest level.
Definitely going to have a long career in the game. Let him start it here.
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

True but
I think coz he accepted jobs at sh*t clubs, even Cardiff he was told he couldn't spend, a poisoned chalice.
I understand a player cannot return, as the legs has gone etc, but I think its different for a manager.
Last edited by Andersonitis on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:09 pm Danny Webb for me. He did well when he was there a couple of years ago.
Wright is here to replace Jobi as first choice CM. He still has a part to play, I’d want him in the squad every game, but he ain’t starting 40+ games for us this year. So don’t think him taking on the managers role will impact us on the playing side too greatly.
I would of thought Wright was here in place of Lawless/Lee rather than McAnuff
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:18 pm
Beradogs wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm Jobi for me. Just have a hunch he will go on to have a great managerial career at the very highest level.
Definitely going to have a long career in the game. Let him start it here.
Well thats 1 scary scenario, but I respect the fact you like to live life on the edge,
My ticker cannot take it especially after last season, has to be a seasoned pro for me,
Jobi, Webby & even Ross must be tested in national league south or north not Orient No NO NO NO NO NO
OKPete
Fresh Alias

Post by OKPete »

Has Jobi done his coaching badges, does anyone know?