Sad to see Jobi leave

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Sad to see Jobi leave

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:08 pm On the website statement, the Board states that the club didn't achieve what they wanted. Perhaps if the Board, in their wisdom, had
binned off Embleton three months earlier than they did, then the club might, just might have achieved that aim.
But we got as high as 7th under Ross
What makes you think we couldnt have got back there with Ross in charge &
Jobi fully utilised as a player only .
If you can't answer your own question, then take a look at most of the later posts about Embleton's selections and tactics, there
is the answer to your question. If you can't see the absolute rubbish that was being played, then I can't be bothered to answer for you.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

EastDerehamO wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:35 pm Another Young Black Coach cast aside from a
chance to advance in football management .
The colour of a person’s skin is irrelevant to me in recruiting or firing with any job, and in terms of the O’s didn’t play a part in Jobi’s appointment or him being let go, and rightly so.

Good luck Jobi, if his tenure at the O’s hasn’t put him off, I hope he makes it in management.
Good for you & your opinions .
I never stated the colour of Jobi's skin played any part in him leaving the club .

I just stated that the club had cast aside the chance to give a young black manager
An opportunity to advance in football Management ..
Probably because of his inexperience .

Again people, read the comments properly
Please do not assume i mean anything .

Maybe check what you are thinking before responding .
Cheers & Good luck
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sat May 08, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:08 pm On the website statement, the Board states that the club didn't achieve what they wanted. Perhaps if the Board, in their wisdom, had
binned off Embleton three months earlier than they did, then the club might, just might have achieved that aim.
If you can't answer your own question, then take a look at most of the later posts about Embleton's selections and tactics, there
is the answer to your question. If you can't see the absolute rubbish that was being played, then I can't be bothered to answer for you.
I Didnt ask a Question .

The fact a team plays rubbish football , doesnt necesarily
Mean it's not winning games.

I once suggested Tim Flowers as Manager after JE passed away ,
People responded God no , Not that dreadful style of Football .

Arsenal under George Graham 1-0 to the Arsenal
Rubbish football but won trophies.

A dreadful style of Football that got them a 2nd placed finish
2 or 3 points behind us .

Its all good to have opinions about Ross but you or anybody else can NOT prove he couldnt have
Turned it around , it may have been unlikely , it may not have happened but you
Can NOT PROVE it .

He was removed because of Fan Pressure on the board by threats of
People not taking up there Season tickets .
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:35 pm

I Didnt ask a Question .

Its all good to have opinions about Ross but you or anybody else can NOT prove he couldnt have
Can NOT PROVE it .

Yes you did. If a sentence is started with words "What makes you think" it is the start of a formation of a question. Simple English grammar.

Oh, and by the way, the Board probably get sent videos of games over to the USA and they could quiet plainly see the garbage that
was being served up on a regular basis. They probably came to the conclusion that this is not cool.

And there are some things that are so blindingly obvious, that only a fool would contest it.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:35 pm

I Didnt ask a Question .

Can NOT PROVE it .

Yes you did. If a sentence is started with words "What makes you think" it is the start of a formation of a question. Simple English grammar.

Oh, and by the way, the Board probably get sent videos of games over to the USA and they could quiet plainly see the garbage that
was being served up on a regular basis. They probably came to the conclusion that this is not cool.

And there are some things that are so blindingly obvious, that only a fool would contest it.
I didnt start the sentence that way .
I started the sentence " But we got " etc .
I didnt use a full stop .
Unfortunately my phone always
Goes to a
Capital letter
When i
Start a
New
Line .

Anyway lets not get into the semantics of the Language
As its not my mother Tounge & all .

Why would they be sent tapes
They can watch games live by stream

As for blindingly obvious
Click the link
Scroll down to the table
Ross in Charge for 3-2 away win
We didn'tplay 4-3-3 or 4-4-2
14 shots at goal 4 on target 3 scored
SIXTH IN THE LEAGUE .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55025770

Yup, only a " FOOL " WOULD ARGUE ROSS COULDN'T HAVE TURNED THINGS AROUND
😁
OldTownO
Fresh Alias

Post by OldTownO »

I think we have made a massive mistake in letting JM leave. He took over a weak squad, who gave him the typical ‘new manager bounce’ but then quickly dropped back to the standard they had previously shown.

He would have learned so much in his short time, and I am convinced he would have made some decent signings in the summer. He could have come back with ‘his’ squad and I for one was quite excited.

Unless the board have already got a quality replacement ready, then I doubt we will get the ‘big name’ we all wish for.

With JM we had a lad that liked the club, has played at every level, talks very well, clearly intelligent. He would definitely have the desire to succeed as opposed to just existing (as a few managers do), and I’m in no doubt he will go on to be a massive success elsewhere.

He would have no problem getting decent players to work with him, he is an attractive proposition for both new, and older heads - we are now in a position where we could potentially sign new players without a manager in place, and that is stupidity. Players are drawn to what players are at the club, and who the gaffer is - we are now weak on both fronts.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised by the new appointment - but I just can’t help feel we have just lost our biggest asset.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

OldTownO wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:47 am I think we have made a massive mistake in letting JM leave. He took over a weak squad, who gave him the typical ‘new manager bounce’ but then quickly dropped back to the standard they had previously shown.

He would have learned so much in his short time, and I am convinced he would have made some decent signings in the summer. He could have come back with ‘his’ squad and I for one was quite excited.

Unless the board have already got a quality replacement ready, then I doubt we will get the ‘big name’ we all wish for.

With JM we had a lad that liked the club, has played at every level, talks very well, clearly intelligent. He would definitely have the desire to succeed as opposed to just existing (as a few managers do), and I’m in no doubt he will go on to be a massive success elsewhere.

He would have no problem getting decent players to work with him, he is an attractive proposition for both new, and older heads - we are now in a position where we could potentially sign new players without a manager in place, and that is stupidity. Players are drawn to what players are at the club, and who the gaffer is - we are now weak on both fronts.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised by the new appointment - but I just can’t help feel we have just lost our biggest asset.
Well said - I’m absolutely livid. Don’t really give a toss who we appoint now.
Mark Bonner didn’t have a whole lot of experience at Cambridge when he was appointed😡😡😡
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Jobi has so much more potential than Embleton ever did, yet only got a fraction of the opportunity that Embleton did.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

OyinbO wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:33 am Jobi has so much more potential than Embleton ever did, yet only got a fraction of the opportunity that Embleton did.
That’s a fair point.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

He was dealt a bad hand. A good communicator. Started well, too. The squad were not willing to battle for him. Sad.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:31 am He was dealt a bad hand. A good communicator. Started well, too. The squad were not willing to battle for him. Sad.
key point this. He was doing well up until the point that Mr Ling started to talk about contract renewals and sucked the motivation out of the room
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

OyinbO wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:33 am Jobi has so much more potential than Embleton ever did, yet only got a fraction of the opportunity that Embleton did.
Bullseye comment.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

OldTownO wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:47 am I think we have made a massive mistake in letting JM leave. He took over a weak squad, who gave him the typical ‘new manager bounce’ but then quickly dropped back to the standard they had previously shown.

This is a really well thought out excellent all round comment by @OldTownO
Well written sir !
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

My opinion that is totally challengable (but dont be shocked if I dont care if it offends you or you decide to pick up on my bad speling), is that is it it is sad to see Jobi leave the club, but where did he distinguise himself from Ross and are the results for both managers player based. But in a results based bussiness did he achieve enough wins on the pitch, and given his lack of manergerial experience did he have the ability to rebuild a better squad from limited resources. I think not as did the board too after they were probably willing him on to save another change of manager.
✌out
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Squandered it by noy putting his own stamp on things. Dont forget he had been coaching this lot for a while too.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:46 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:17 am
That’s a fair point.
Agreed - I really thought we would get a positive Jobi announcement and he would get a Slade or still or someone to assist him and use Senda as the coach

Then we get the P45 statement

Well he did get more than the 29 fletcher DAYS

Seriously what did the directors exspect him to achieve when they had already informed the players who is staying and going and the conflict of dynamics that would of caused particularly when he had the same players that had not followed Ross instructions as Ross mentioned in one interview

I really think it unfair to Jobi big time and I am really getting fed up with the way this club is being directed by Nigel as the chairman atm on football matters as much as admire his commitments- financial input and passion as a "fan" - however there is failed logic again and for a long time and not much demonstration of any real loyalty despite the glowing pros of words - written by an unknown person I guess but signs off by Nigel every time.

It like when they use the words " devestated" for Phillip passing - what's going on at Lofc atm

Words are just not good enough and meaningless as the get rid of fletcher and now Jobi
He was on a hiding to nothing.
It was obvious the squad was not good enough and to think they would suddenly hit title winning form to reach the playoffs was ridiculous.
I stated at the time he will probably get 61 points, and if he does that then he deserves the job.
This he has achieved and so to bin him now doesn’t make any sense.
It was blatantly obvious the team would switch off after the playoffs were unachievable.
Factor in that a majority of them were going to be binned off, Jobi wasn’t going to get full commitment.
So it looks like they are going for a experienced failure who will probably last a season.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Squandered it by noy putting his own stamp on things. Dont forget he had been coaching this lot for a while too.
Can only coach as instructed to by Ling, Embleton and Senda.

I agree, he didn’t change things enough. But he tried it for the first two games, playing a much higher tempo, pressing game, and we got stuffed in the second game. I suspect he didn’t have enough faith in this group of players to adapt to an entirely new way of playing mid-season.

I didn’t agree with everything he did, far from it. But I’m certain he will go on to make an excellent manager in the very near future. Just as I’m sure Emblefud won’t.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

So Embleton gets us to 7th and poor run is all his fault.

McAnuff achieves nothing greater and its all the players fault.

Gotcha.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm So Embleton gets us to 7th and poor run is all his fault.

Gotcha.
Ross had 3 transfer windows and 2 years in the job.
JM had a few months with no transfer window.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Still wrong wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:40 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm So Embleton gets us to 7th and poor run is all his fault.

Gotcha.
Ross had 3 transfer windows and 2 years in the job.
JM had a few months with no transfer window.
Couldn’t agree more Embleton was absolutely useless and finally the board got fed up with his excuses and lack of ability.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

If there was a choice I'd rather see Jobi on the coaching staff than Matt Harrold and Danny Senda. He's got Premier League experience and skill that he can pass on and two (or is it three) promotions, the other two don't have that.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Should he have ever taken on the job ?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Gotcha.
We weren’t 7th when Ross finally got sacked.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Apparently we were 8 points from playoffs, finished 12 points off.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:31 am He was dealt a bad hand. A good communicator. Started well, too. The squad were not willing to battle for him. Sad.
I think they were willing .

They were Just Not good enough .