Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Labour Watch

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:51 pm
Interesting Tuffers.
Whats interesting ?
That corbyn was sent to czecky & said stop selling semtex to libya who give it to
Provos who then blow up British things , Corbyn should be knighted for his selfless act
The role he played helped Blair bring peace to the 6 counties .& Britain

Now the S-tory party are trying to reignite it !
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Bruh
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Sadly, this is further evidence that the "Brexit is done and irrelevant" line is untrue. Starmer was always gonna struggle to cut through with northern types.

Nandy was the answer
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Can someone tell me why the tories are seemingly doing so well all over the country?

They are the most corrupt government ever.....all the contracts for ppe etc to their mates

They have presided over around 150,000 deaths, amongst the worst per capita , in the entire world.

They are taking peoples freedoms away......spy cops bill etc. Yet still people are flocking to vote for them

We know Starmers about as attractive as a plank of wood, but nevertheless, when both parties are out of favour, smaller parties tend to do very well in by-elections.....but not this time.

Enlighten me please!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:56 am

Bruh
:lol:
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:14 am Can someone tell me why the tories are seemingly doing so well all over the country?

They are the most corrupt government ever.....all the contracts for ppe etc to their mates

They have presided over around 150,000 deaths, amongst the worst per capita , in the entire world.

They are taking peoples freedoms away......spy cops bill etc. Yet still people are flocking to vote for them

We know Starmers about as attractive as a plank of wood, but nevertheless, when both parties are out of favour, smaller parties tend to do very well in by-elections.....but not this time.

Enlighten me please!
I'm currently reading Democracy in Chains and it explains how what we're seeing now is the fruition of 50/60 years of hard work and concerted effort by those on the right.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:14 am Can someone tell me why the tories are seemingly doing so well all over the country?

Enlighten me please!
You need to put yourself in the shoes of someone who voted for Brexit and the Tories at the last election. For them, Boris appears to be delivering.

Plus, the truth is that right now the normal rules of politics just don't apply. There's little to no point in trying to understand or analyse any of this.

I sort of agree with PAM, that Nandy was the answer. However I think whoever won the leadership post-Corbyn was doomed, so it may be for the best that she gets to sit this out.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 am

Enlighten me please!
You need to put yourself in the shoes of someone who voted for Brexit and the Tories at the last election. For them, Boris appears to be delivering.

Plus, the truth is that right now the normal rules of politics just don't apply. There's little to no point in trying to understand or analyse any of this.

I sort of agree with PAM, that Nandy was the answer. However I think whoever won the leadership post-Corbyn was doomed, so it may be for the best that she gets to sit this out.
Don't get why there is no point in trying to understand or analyse what is occurring. What is point understanding? What is point analysis? What is point? Point.

Don't get why if Corbyn was so bad that his successor is doomed. He only has to be a bit better to do well. Kieth is not a leader.

He's been chief for a year now and Labour are all over the shop attacking travellers and failing to provide a vision for progress. That shouldn't be a difficult thing to do in a pandemic.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:56 am

Enlighten me please!

And it would would be a massive blow to the ego to admit to themselves (let alone anyone else) that they'd been conned into voting for a bunch of lying spivs - hence why it appears he's delivering. You see what you want to see.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:47 am Don't get why if Corbyn was so bad that his successor is doomed.
This. The worse your predecessor was, the better you look and the easier the job you have when you take over.

Other than the donkey sanctuary stuff early doors, he's had a totally free ride. And he's still proving to be a total disaster. Can you imagine just how bad his ratings would be if he was being painted as a terrorist lover and an anti-semite and a threat to the national security on a daily basis?

Time for a Kier out.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Just to clarify; when I say "whoever won the leadership post-Corbyn was doomed", I'm not saying they're doomed because Corbyn was awful. It's merely a time reference.

For what it's worth, I do not think that Corbyn is the cause of Labour's decline. He was simply the wrong man in the right place and at the right time. Labour's decline can be traced back much further than that.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

And, yeah, Starmer just ain't cutting it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:31 pm Just to clarify; when I say "whoever won the leadership post-Corbyn was doomed", I'm not saying they're doomed because Corbyn was awful. It's merely a time reference.

For what it's worth, I do not think that Corbyn is the cause of Labour's decline. He was simply the wrong man in the right place and at the right time. Labour's decline can be traced back much further than that.
Too late, you've already said too much. Time to stop digging.
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:36 pm
Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:31 pm Just to clarify; when I say "whoever won the leadership post-Corbyn was doomed", I'm not saying they're doomed because Corbyn was awful. It's merely a time reference.

Miliband is the cause of Labour being unelectable for several obvious reasons.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Kimpon wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 pm

Labour has not won the popular vote in England since 2001. 2001. Miliband was never going to be PM, however, as he was leader between 2010 and 2015, it's hardly fair to lay the blame entirely on him.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 am Sadly, this is further evidence that the "Brexit is done and irrelevant" line is untrue. Starmer was always gonna struggle to cut through with northern types.

Nandy was the answer
If Nandy was the answer, time to reconsider the question.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:10 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 am Sadly, this is further evidence that the "Brexit is done and irrelevant" line is untrue. Starmer was always gonna struggle to cut through with northern types.

Nandy was the answer
If Nandy was the answer, time to reconsider the question.
If only Tony hadn't allowed himself to be bullied out of office by Brown we would be in year 24 of his presidency.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The Tories have increased their vote share every election since 1997

This is clearly John Smith's fault
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:04 pm
Kimpon wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 pm

Labour has not won the popular vote in England since 2001. 2001. Miliband was never going to be PM, however, as he was leader between 2010 and 2015, it's hardly fair to lay the blame entirely on him.
He had his own brother over, let in Corbyn with his £3 Memberships and couldn’t win an election, destroyed the party for years to come.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:23 pm The Tories have increased their vote share every election since 1997

Now you're just being bitter.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:23 pm The Tories have increased their vote share every election since 1997

[/quote

the Tories are having a smooth ride.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Tories are the party of the people, for the people.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thor wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:16 pm Tories are the party of the people, for the people.
:D
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:16 pm Tories are the party of the people, for the people.
Relentless
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

....but are also, somehow, complicit in the worldwide plot to reset power and economy by lying about COVID. Incredible mental gymnastics there.