Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

If the bloodclots affect the young more it will no doubt become more common when we get round to vaccinating those people.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I know someone who has had a clot like reaction to the jab. He's had an MRI, awaiting results. Doubt he's been counted as one of the 30 yet. [/Thor]
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:18 pm Europe having a shitshow and doing their best to deflect

And out of the whole of Europe, we’re leading the way :(((
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:00 am
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:18 pm Europe having a shitshow and doing their best to deflect

And out of the whole of Europe, we’re leading the way :(((
In addition, criticism is beginning to emerge over the lack of testing in some countries. Not the U.K. in this we lead the way by some margin.

But testing is a two edge sword. Increased testing also means our reported numbers are likely to be higher because we identify more. Our figures are probably closer to reality than others who test less
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Not sure the increased testing has resulted in more deaths.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

You also have to factor in donut the fact we were over analysing the tests. They should be run at a max of 30 cycles yet our government was running them at 45 hence why more positives were found. Since WHO said it must be a max of 30 back on 21/1 our positives have fallen significantly since, strange that but all part of the government's plan for more control over the people. See the bill going through parliament now which will stop peaceful protest but so many people can't see what's really happening in the background.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:43 pm You also have to factor in donut the fact we were over analysing the tests. They should be run at a max of 30 cycles yet our government was running them at 45 hence why more positives were found. Since WHO said it must be a max of 30 back on 21/1 our positives have fallen significantly since, strange that but all part of the government's plan for more control over the people. See the bill going through parliament now which will stop peaceful protest but so many people can't see what's really happening in the background.
Why's it strange? The lower the threshold, the less virus you'll detect - that's just how these things work.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:43 pm You also have to factor in donut the fact we were over analysing the tests. They should be run at a max of 30 cycles yet our government was running them at 45 hence why more positives were found. Since WHO said it must be a max of 30 back on 21/1 our positives have fallen significantly since, strange that but all part of the government's plan for more control over the people. See the bill going through parliament now which will stop peaceful protest but so many people can't see what's really happening in the background.
All about control over people. 💤💤💤💤💤💤
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

o-no wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:02 pm
Why's it strange? The lower the threshold, the less virus you'll detect - that's just how these things work.
Exactly they have been manipulated since the start.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dohnut wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:54 pm
I'll take no lessons from you. Who caught covid me or you? Who is the idiot who doesn't follow the rules? Me or you? I've been out every day doing my stuff meeting many people every day yet I've not been sick once. Funny that.

Still you stick to flip flopping on what you believe and ill continue on my path, which is a healthy one.

Hands - face - space.

Try practising it you absolute donut.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:21 pm
I'll take no lessons from you. Who caught covid me or you? Who is the idiot who doesn't follow the rules? Me or you? I've been out every day doing my stuff meeting many people every day yet I've not been sick once. Funny that.

Still you stick to flip flopping on what you believe and ill continue on my path, which is a healthy one.

Hands - face - space.

Did you get tested after you stated on here ?
" If this is covid , i dont see what the fuss is "
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Hands - face - space.

That comment is stupid beyond belief. I used to think you had intelligence, despite not always agreeing with you, I was wrong.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Folks. I’ve hopefully shown due respect for peoples posts on this topic, despite not agreeing with all of them.

Sadly this topic is quite a difficult one for me to engage in. Very painful in fact. Whilst I’m happy to engage in sensible debate, even smiled at the odd wind up, some comments for me go way beyond common decency.

For that reason I plan to retire gracefully from this thread. Thank you to those of you willing to share your views in a sensible and constructive way.

Peace.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor is a Fool when it comes to covud .
Ignore his ramblings on this subject .
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Hands - face - space.

Who says you need brains to make money?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Hands - face - space.

Nope
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Hands - face - space.

Nope
So you make a statement claiming you were some sort of superhuman
Beating covid with ease , then claim youve never had it & all this without testing

Thorson the Trollier !
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

But one shot isn't fully vaccinated 😏😏😏

Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I mentioned some time back, that I am taking part in some research into the virus. Every Monday I get emailed a questionnaire: have I had the virus, symptoms, vaccination etc? Then they asked that once I fortnight if I would said them half a fingerful of blood. I obliged. The first test was about 4 -5 weeks after my first jab. I had no anti-bodies at all. This morning I got my second test result; I still have no anti-bodies to show that I have been infected, but now have active anti-bodies provided by my jab. This is on the strength of 1 jab on Feb 3rd. Giving 6 ml of blood from a self-inflicted wound and aiming it in a quite small test tube, is not for the faint hearted. But presumably this research will help show long the jab is effective for and is re-assuring to show the jab has some tangible effect. The miniature cow growing out of the side of my arm, is a bit worrying though. I feel that I need an urgent consultation with Thor.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Hands - face - space.

Who says you need brains to make money?
Thor Arse has neither.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm Germany have suspended use of the Oxford vaccine again

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56580728

This shitshow whereby EU states do their best to destroy the reputation of the vaccine due to it being British - then the EU threatening AZ with export bans because of it's own failings with procurement just to block a vaccine that has been rubbished by leaders of its membership despite being the easiest and cheapest vaccine to administer
Sounds like we're looking at doing the same as Germany. Is that because the UK government wants to destroy the reputation of the vaccine cause it's (loosely) British?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:26 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm Germany have suspended use of the Oxford vaccine again

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56580728

This shitshow whereby EU states do their best to destroy the reputation of the vaccine due to it being British - then the EU threatening AZ with export bans because of it's own failings with procurement just to block a vaccine that has been rubbished by leaders of its membership despite being the easiest and cheapest vaccine to administer
Sounds like we're looking at doing the same as Germany. Is that because the UK government wants to destroy the reputation of the vaccine cause it's (loosely) British?
We're suspending AZ vaccines?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Looking at suspending it to younger age groups, yes, along the lines of the article you posted.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 pm Looking at suspending it to younger age groups, yes, along the lines of the article you posted.
Can you link to this announcement, wasnt on the lunchtime news?

Fwiw - Germany didnt just suspend to younger age groups but everyone under 60.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:33 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 pm Looking at suspending it to younger age groups, yes, along the lines of the article you posted.
Can you link to this announcement, wasnt on the lunchtime news?

Fwiw - Germany didnt just suspend to younger age groups but everyone under 60.
Did Germany keep administering it to the over 60s?