Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’m not sure that’s strictly true. I’m pretty sure the good schools like Eton and Harrow did the decent thing and shut down - it was only the idiotic state schools that were still open
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

US trial of AstraZeneca jab confirms safety

More than 32,000 volunteers took part, mostly in America, but also in Chile and Peru.

The vaccine was 79% effective against stopping symptomatic Covid disease and 100% effective at preventing people from falling seriously ill.

And there were no safety issues regarding blood clots.

That should further reassure some EU countries that recently paused rollout of the vaccine amid concerns about a possible link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Dunners wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 pm

yep and three days later they closed.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Potential covid vaccination taken by mouth on the way.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/is ... way-662712
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Lockdown powers extended to the end of Sept. Get ready for lockdown 4.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56521358
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Second jab done.

Now that I'm sorted I guess the rest of you plebs may now receive yours.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:49 am Second jab done.

Now that I'm sorted I guess the rest of you plebs may now receive yours.
I know I’m a few years younger but still not had my first. Absolutely scandalous. :(((
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I am taking part in a Covid survey. I have to give half a finger full of blood every fortnight to check for antibodies. The first on was 4 weeks after a jab & no antibodies. Gave my red stuff yesterday for 2nd test. Waiting results. So beware I had no measurable immunity 4 weeks after jab 1. So take care out there.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 am I am taking part in a Covid survey. I have to give half a finger full of blood every fortnight to check for antibodies. The first on was 4 weeks after a jab & no antibodies. Gave my red stuff yesterday for 2nd test. Waiting results. So beware I had no measurable immunity 4 weeks after jab 1. So take care out there.
The first jab is only 60% effective. Same as the flu jab. After 2 jabs the number goes up to 90%. This means there will be 10% of those getting both jabs who won’t get the full benefits, if any. That number will ultimately run into millions.

The jab is about reducing numbers to manageable levels, reduce mutation opportunities, so the NHS can cope and the country can resume some sort of normality. But they will never 100% solve the problem. This virus will kill people ever more, as does the flu.

This is why it is vital that people get the jab. It reduces numbers, reduces risk and protects those to whom the jab offers limited or no protection.

It’s a numbers game.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 am I am taking part in a Covid survey. I have to give half a finger full of blood every fortnight to check for antibodies.
So sorry to hear this Clive. Do you know how many weeks this goes on for? How many fingers will you have left at the end of this ordeal?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:21 am
Clive Evans wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:08 am I am taking part in a Covid survey. I have to give half a finger full of blood every fortnight to check for antibodies. The first on was 4 weeks after a jab & no antibodies. Gave my red stuff yesterday for 2nd test. Waiting results. So beware I had no measurable immunity 4 weeks after jab 1. So take care out there.
The first jab is only 60% effective. Same as the flu jab. After 2 jabs the number goes up to 90%. This means there will be 10% of those getting both jabs who won’t get the full benefits, if any. That number will ultimately run into millions.

The jab is about reducing numbers to manageable levels, reduce mutation opportunities, so the NHS can cope and the country can resume some sort of normality. But they will never 100% solve the problem. This virus will kill people ever more, as does the flu.

This is why it is vital that people get the jab. It reduces numbers, reduces risk and protects those to whom the jab offers limited or no protection.

It’s a numbers game.
It's also vital that people still follow the guidance/rules and do what they can to stop catching, and spreading, this virus.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

When I did the first blood test, the thing that punctures you, had such a kick my finger was a bit sore for a week. The last one wasn't too bad. They are pretty quick giving you the results, so I will let you all know. I wonder if they will notice if I send my dog's blood next time?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:18 pm When I did the first blood test, the thing that punctures you, had such a kick my finger was a bit sore for a week. The last one wasn't too bad. They are pretty quick giving you the results, so I will let you all know. I wonder if they will notice if I send my dog's blood next time?
Keep us updated , Clive , as your results will be really interesting to all
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:57 am
Dohnut wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:21 am

It’s a numbers game.
It's also vital that people still follow the guidance/rules and do what they can to stop catching, and spreading, this virus.
This is absolutely the best advice and people should both listen to and heed.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Others further afield following European countries lead

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:18 pm When I did the first blood test, the thing that punctures you, had such a kick my finger was a bit sore for a week. The last one wasn't too bad. They are pretty quick giving you the results, so I will let you all know. I wonder if they will notice if I send my dog's blood next time?
Keep taking the Bob Martin tablets 🐕🐕
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Fascinating that despite some groups being anti AZ in Europe they continue to moan about supply issues and threaten to block exports!

If Europe don’t want to use AZ that’s fine, their choice to ignore their own experts, so export their shares to countries that desperately want it.

What’s the problem. Nobody is forcing them to use it.

More to do with politics than people. They have fecked up their roll out programme, people are dying as a consequence, so they’ve gotta blame something other than their own incompetence.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Lots of push back from publicans but the public support vaccine passports for pubs

If there was a choice of two, I'd choose the one that was vaccine only

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Germany have suspended use of the Oxford vaccine again

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56580728

This shitshow whereby EU states do their best to destroy the reputation of the vaccine due to it being British - then the EU threatening AZ with export bans because of it's own failings with procurement just to block a vaccine that has been rubbished by leaders of its membership despite being the easiest and cheapest vaccine to administer
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:16 pm Germany have suspended use of the Oxford vaccine again

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56580728

This shitshow whereby EU states do their best to destroy the reputation of the vaccine due to it being British - then the EU threatening AZ with export bans because of it's own failings with procurement just to block a vaccine that has been rubbished by leaders of its membership despite being the easiest and cheapest vaccine to administer
Political.

More for everyone else whilst their own people die.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56616119

Seeming more and more like there is a small blood clot risk for younger people having the Oxford jab.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:03 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56616119

Seeming more and more like there is a small blood clot risk for younger people having the Oxford jab.

“The pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca has said international regulators had found the benefits of its jab outweighed risks significantly.”

They kind of would say that, wouldn’t they. The 30 people with the blood clots might disagree though.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

One in 100,000 chance

Hopefully the amount of faeces Europe are throwing at it negates the need to blockade exports of it to us though.

Absolute morons
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Europe having a shitshow and doing their best to deflect

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:11 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:03 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56616119

“The pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca has said international regulators had found the benefits of its jab outweighed risks significantly.”

They kind of would say that, wouldn’t they. The 30 people with the blood clots might disagree though.
It was the International regulators who made that statement - not AZ. I watched the broadcast. You can hardly blame AZ for quoting from that statement.