The Club needs to be ruthless......

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

The Club needs to be ruthless......

Post by Top of the JES »

Come contract time.

If we are going to progress then there are probably only Vigaroux, Happe, Thompson, Kyprianou, Kemp, Brophy, Wilkinson, Johnson, Abrahams, Ruel. worth keeping and I think Johnson, Wilko and Happe will not re-sign. Major overhual required after the evidence of the last few weeks. No nicey nicey " he a good influence in the dressing room" or "he's a model pro" rubbish time for some hard hitting decisons. I hope Jobi is the man to take us forward if he does OK with the current group and we finish 9-12th this season (Not good enough to go up this year) then give him the Job for 2 years and let him have a say who comes in.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: The Club needs to be ruthless......

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

We need some characters around the dressing room too. People who want to be here to not only further their own career but Orients future as well.

Jobi alluded to it about not having leaders but it’s more than that.

Partially impacted by lockdown, but even before then, I have no real love for any of our players. Aside from Jobi and Coulson there’s not really an endearing player amongst them. No one with a personality or that you feel has a real connection to this club.

Think back 6/7 years to that squad that finished 3rd in League one. Players like Cox, Clarke, Cuthbert, Vincelot, Lisbie, even f*cking Mooney. You not only warmed to them and all felt part of something, but you felt they also gave a sh*t about the club and the fans. Not anywhere near that atm.

Maybe I’m naive and not being realistic but I think there’s a missing ingredient on and off the pitch.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Of course you need Charecters but of the players that would be released I think only Coulson demonstrates any leadership qualities, although Jobi touched on Cisse being a leader for me he shows no urgency, If we sign 12 or so new players then I would trust Jobi's experience in the game to choose the right charecters with better pedigree than those who leave.

The "group" of 2013/4 were as Russell often said a special group and at that time it felt like there was a real affinity between players, Manager, staff and fans.you dont get that very ofter - Edinburgh got it building before he sadly passed but I think it comes from the manager down.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:43 pm Of course you need Charecters but of the players that would be released I think only Coulson demonstrates any leadership qualities, although Jobi touched on Cisse being a leader for me he shows no urgency, If we sign 12 or so new players then I would trust Jobi's experience in the game to choose the right charecters with better pedigree than those who leave.

The "group" of 2013/4 were as Russell often said a special group and at that time it felt like there was a real affinity between players, Manager, staff and fans.you dont get that very ofter - Edinburgh got it building before he sadly passed but I think it comes from the manager down.
Slade plays down his part in that. He's a massive people's person. Whilst he's had more recent failures, Cardiff wasn't one of them. The bonding aspect is probably a big part of why he was brought in at Stevenage.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:43 pm Of course you need Charecters but of the players that would be released I think only Coulson demonstrates any leadership qualities, although Jobi touched on Cisse being a leader for me he shows no urgency, If we sign 12 or so new players then I would trust Jobi's experience in the game to choose the right charecters with better pedigree than those who leave.

You actually believe , Jobi will be choosing our players?..Seriously?
Ling chooses all the players, and whoever is manager or head coach at the time, is basically told." here's your players, get on with it"
THIS, is the problem here at Orient....Ling, is in my opinion, f*cking useless at picking players. Just as a broken clock is right twice a day, so inevitably, Ling will very occasionally bring in a good player, but most are not good players
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Ling chooses all the players, and whoever is manager or head coach at the time, is basically told." here's your players, get on with it"
THIS, is the problem here at Orient....Ling, is in my opinion, f*cking useless at picking players. Just as a broken clock is right twice a day, so inevitably, Ling will very occasionally bring in a good player, but most are not good players
If Jobi is offered and accepts the manager role, he will have a massive say in who comes in. The Board will realise his experience in the game is significant and worth listening too.

We mustn’t forget some players like Vigeroux cited Ross as being the reason why they joined. I imagine the chance of working under Jobi will be of interest to many players.

With Jobi as Managet, not Head Coach, it signals to me we are moving closer to having a manager with a bigger say, Ling doing more of all the other stuff.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:50 pm

If Jobi is offered and accepts the manager role, he will have a massive say in who comes in. The Board will realise his experience in the game is significant and worth listening too.

We mustn’t forget some players like Vigeroux cited Ross as being the reason why they joined. I imagine the chance of working under Jobi will be of interest to many players.

With Jobi as Managet, not Head Coach, it signals to me we are moving closer to having a manager with a bigger say, Ling doing more of all the other stuff.
Now Ross is no longer here I can see Viggers leaving in the Summer and signing for a League One club. I think we would be extremely fortunate if we got him to re-sign.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Exactly this Dohnut.

COYOs don’t shout you ignorant toe rag. If you want to make a point however crap it is try and do it with reason rather than again having a pop at Ling. You clearly haven’t got a f*cking clue what happens at Leyton Orient. Players as has been constantly stated are chosen by the transfer committee which consists currently of Ling, T&T and Porter, Embleton was on it and if Jobi as Dohnut says does well he will join that committee and I imagine have a massive say who we do and don’t sign.

Obviously you’ll believe something completely different because you never get behind the club do you? just rant and rave without having a clue what goes on.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

If Ling chooses the players then he done a good job by getting us out of the National League. The trouble was there was not an overall of players who were not good enough for L2. Players like Dayton ,Ling, Coulson, Clay, Wright Judd and Widdowson should have not been given new contracts. If Ross did not want any of these then they would have gone. Jobi like Justin is his own man and if he stays as manager will want his own players.
RicketyCricket
Fresh Alias

Post by RicketyCricket »

At the end of the 2009/10 season I seem to remember a wholesale squad change. Slade had joined a few months earlier and got rid of high earners like Thornton and brought in players he knew and trusted.

Now's the perfect time to get rid of non-league hangers on like Dayton, Turley, Widdowson etc.

Jobi or whoever is manager should get a chance to start afresh. Club showed loyalty after we got promoted, there's no obligation to do so again.
Milo_T
Fresh Alias

Post by Milo_T »

I think what a lot of people have underestimated is the loyalty some players had to Ross and the impact that his sacking will now inevitably have on them resigning. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few choose to move on now
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

We should also be ruthless with the managerial position, if Jobi doesn't meet expectations get proven experience in.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Top of the JES wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Exactly this Dohnut.

COYOs don’t shout you ignorant toe rag. If you want to make a point however crap it is try and do it with reason rather than again having a pop at Ling. You clearly haven’t got a f*cking clue what happens at Leyton Orient. Players as has been constantly stated are chosen by the transfer committee which consists currently of Ling, T&T and Porter, Embleton was on it and if Jobi as Dohnut says does well he will join that committee and I imagine have a massive say who we do and don’t sign.

Obviously you’ll believe something completely different because you never get behind the club do you? just rant and rave without having a clue what goes on.
How dare you call me a toe rag. I come from a decent family with good values. I know for a fact, you wouldnt dare say that to my face.
There is no need for such offensive language, and if we had decent moids here, you would be banned for a couple of weeks for that
Disgusting
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:52 pm We should also be ruthless with the managerial position, if Jobi doesn't meet expectations get proven experience in.
At last a sensible assessment!
Do you also agree it’s time to get rid of the DOF?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Bear with me while i add 'toe rag' to the swear filter and sling this guy in the chokey for a fortnight, Sir Comeupmearse obe.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

cockhat wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:18 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:52 pm We should also be ruthless with the managerial position, if Jobi doesn't meet expectations get proven experience in.
At last a sensible assessment!
Do you also agree it’s time to get rid of the DOF?
No.
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

Why do we need to get rid of Ruth, whoever she is? Instead of these ‘characters’ that we are needing, can we not just have footballers who play well , are tasked to play in their best position and a decent attacking forward arrangement who are served the ball to put it in the net?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:22 pm Bear with me while i add 'toe rag' to the swear filter and sling this guy in the chokey for a fortnight, Sir Comeupmearse obe.
How did this board get lumbered with you as a mod?
Youve been quick to pounce on me, on the odd occasion ive called someone an idiot though.
different rules for me eh?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I just think you're overreacting a bit.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Exactly this Dohnut.

How dare you call me a toe rag. I come from a decent family with good values. I know for a fact, you wouldnt dare say that to my face.
There is no need for such offensive language, and if we had decent moids here, you would be banned for a couple of weeks for that
Disgusting
Funnily enough Martin Ling comes from a decent family with good values,however it doesn't stop you having a pop at him accussing him of being f*cking useless and baying for the bloke to get the sack - not that you would ever say that to his face, double standards and as for toe rag I would wager you have been called far far worse given your aggressive attitude.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:56 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Exactly this Dohnut.

Disgusting
Funnily enough Martin Ling comes from a decent family with good values,however it doesn't stop you having a pop at him accussing him of being f*cking useless and baying for the bloke to get the sack - not that you would ever say that to his face, double standards and as for toe rag I would wager you have been called far far worse given your aggressive attitude.
I wasnt going to answer you again, because youre a rude individual, but these accusations are outrageous, so i felt i had to

First i have never accused Martin Ling of being a toe rag, i know hes a decent man from a decent family, my beef is he isnt very good at his job, which is nothing to do with his upbringing

Second : My aggressive attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....boy oh boy.....you attack me, call me names, insult me, and you accuse ME, of having an aggressive attitude?
Now please go away
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Don’t give it, if you can’t take it COYOs. Complete double standards.....oh and if you are going to criticise Ling that’s fine but at least get your facts right.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Top of the JES wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:08 pm Don’t give it, if you can’t take it COYOs. Complete double standards.....oh and if you are going to criticise Ling that’s fine but at least get your facts right.
What the hell do you mean by don't give it if you can't take it?
The only thing I gave was my opinion. This is a forum, that's​ what people do.
You're the one giving all the insults out.
If I want to criticize Ling, then I will. I repeat its my opinion, and I'll continue to criticize him as much as I want.
At least I don't call him names like you do to me
You're the hypocrite here
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

If opinions are allowed why is his opinion of you not allowed?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

COYOS you have a habit of presenting your opinions as unchallengeable and then getting very defensive when someone challenges it

You'd be less angry if you accepted nuances exist and there are different ways of looking at things. Most things seem very black and white to you which is an overly simplistic attitude to have

You'll probably bite my head off but maybe consider the above for a moment