McAnuff on Orient's defeat to Exeter

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Bergen
Regular
Regular

McAnuff on Orient's defeat to Exeter

Post by Bergen »

Frogger
Fresh Alias

Re: McAnuff on Orient's defeat to Exeter

Post by Frogger »

We are f*cked. He has no chance turning this around. Feel sorry for him really.
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

I detected a bit of steel in that interview. I feel that he is not going to be Mr nice guy and players who come up short will know about it whether they want to be here or not
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

No superfluous words.

I agree entirely with his analysis.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Fair summing up by Jobi, give him a while to adjust to being the manager, wish him well and sure he will grow into the job.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm Fair summing up by Jobi, give him a while to adjust to being the manager, wish him well and sure he will grow into the job.
Some of our players will get Jobi nowhere fast!
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

Whether he eventually wants the job or gets relieved of his duties, he will not let his reputation be tarnished without giving his all and the players will know that
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

MrB wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:02 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm Fair summing up by Jobi, give him a while to adjust to being the manager, wish him well and sure he will grow into the job.
Some of our players will get Jobi nowhere fast!
Yes and they are the ones who need to be shown the exit door.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Decent interview. Didn’t shy away and good to here him mention that everyone is at risk of being dropped. Also good that finally a manager acknowledges something the fans have all been shouting about for weeks - that DJ is isolated. If we don’t sort it, not only will we not score many more but we won’t have a chance of re signing him.

Now we need performances to back up the words.
TourDeO
Fresh Alias

Post by TourDeO »

I just hope we don’t hear too much ‘first and foremost’ before we get the excuses for another defeat. I hope he changes it to 442 on Tuesday and goes for it...

Vigeroux
Turkey Akinola Happe Widdowson
Wilkinson Clay Kyprianou Broohy
Abrahams Johnson
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

TourDeO wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:34 pm I just hope we don’t hear too much ‘first and foremost’ before we get the excuses for another defeat. I hope he changes it to 442 on Tuesday and goes for it...

Vigeroux
Abrahams Johnson
I agree with Akinola moving to CB, just not sure about Turley at RB.......Hector also deserves a start IMO
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

TourDeO wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:34 pm I just hope we don’t hear too much ‘first and foremost’ before we get the excuses for another defeat. I hope he changes it to 442 on Tuesday and goes for it...

Vigeroux
Abrahams Johnson
My next match starting lineup as well. Would love the chance to see Abrahams alongside DJ from the start of the match, also Kyprianou instead of Ciss'e, but will it happen ? Clay needs a rapid improvement and if Jobi were available for selection, i would play him instead of Clay.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

LOL Jobi said "football's not as simple as just get someone up alongside him which i know is something that's been spoken about"

The club loves throwing shade at this board 😂💁‍♀️
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm Decent interview. Didn’t shy away and good to here him mention that everyone is at risk of being dropped. Also good that finally a manager acknowledges something the fans have all been shouting about for weeks - that DJ is isolated. If we don’t sort it, not only will we not score many more but we won’t have a chance of re signing him.

The manager points out that DJ is isolated? Who picks the team and sets the game plan?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

HE also said "take our licks" like a true Jamaican 😂😂😂
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I wasnt impressed. He sounded like Ross, but in a less nerdy way. Stating the obvious...like Danny is isolated...........we all know that.
Saying we will have a look at it..............where have we heard that before?..and all the usual Ross stuff.
What he needs to be saying is some truths...we're not good enough, the owners are mad if they think we have a strong squad, we need a clear out in the summer and a whole lot of new players brought in, preferably not ones picked by Ling.
Very disappointed today, after being totally outplayed by a team that wasnt even in the play offs at kick off
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 pm LOL Jobi said "football's not as simple as just get someone up alongside him which i know is something that's been spoken about"

And the board will keep throwing it back at them with results like today. Glass houses and all that.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm Decent interview. Didn’t shy away and good to here him mention that everyone is at risk of being dropped. Also good that finally a manager acknowledges something the fans have all been shouting about for weeks - that DJ is isolated. If we don’t sort it, not only will we not score many more but we won’t have a chance of re signing him.

The manager points out that DJ is isolated? Who picks the team and sets the game plan?
I don’t think he intended DJ to be so isolated.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm

I don’t think he intended DJ to be so isolated.
Probably not. Just down to miscommunication throughout the entire team.

We seriously need a proper manager.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Vigeroux
Abrahams Johnson
I agree with that lineup except I’d swap Wilkinson for Kemp and put Wilkinson alongside Johnson. I’d have Abrahams on the bench.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

You can’t play Akinola and Happe at CB.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Well, the consensus seems to be that this interview was the best thing about yesterday - and for once, I agree with the consensus
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Agree that the initial problems came from an inability to deal with Bowman. He gave Turley (who I thought was lucky not to get a red with the elbow and stamp combo) and Happe a complete buffering and allowed Exeter to build off him easily.

Middle 3 for me offer nothing either in an attacking or defending sense. I’d expect Cisse to be a real presence at this level but he’s giving us nothing - from memory the 3rd goal scorer ran straight off him whilst he was ball watching and ended up 15 yards away when the ball crossed the line. Clay lacks any quality and Freeman looks like a disinterested loanee. Hector needs a run in there for me.

You can go on about shape all day, but if you don’t compete at the very basics you’ll get beaten by sides that work harder. Exeter did that in bundles yesterday. High tempo, high work rate allowed them to dictate. We could’ve played 433, 451, 442 or 352 and still go a shoeing. You earn the right to play - no where near doing that yesterday. Shape doesn’t put you 3 down in 45 minutes - it’ll contribute but ultimately, (and it’s a term I hate using) Exeter just wanted it more everywhere. They could’ve been ahead by more than 3 at half time.

I’d personally like to have seen an experienced man get the gig but Jobi’s here and success will require him firstly to be ruthless enough to indentify the shortcomings in the playing squad. The squad lacks depth or quality in midfield - out best player there is now managing the team - this is a result of the recruitment process which clearly has left this imbalance. The play offs are beyond this squad - time to cut the final ties with the conference era and get some serious blood-letting done over the summer months by moving on out of contract underperformers.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:48 am You can’t play Akinola and Happe at CB.
Why so? Is Akinola that much different to Ekpiteta as that pairing worked.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

gshaw wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:51 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 pm LOL Jobi said "football's not as simple as just get someone up alongside him which i know is something that's been spoken about"

And the board will keep throwing it back at them with results like today. Glass houses and all that.
Always carefully covering all your bases aren’t you

1. Did we play 4-4-2 (Y/N)
2. Did we win? (Y/N)

YY: “just shows how clueless Ross was!”
YN: blame Jobi’s inexperience
NY: “we only won because the opposition were terrible”
NN: talk about Jobi being part of the problem and Ross Mk II