Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

Vigouroux. 2. Had a mare.
Akinola. 3. Not a right back and struggled badly with waves of Exeter attacks.
Happe. 5. Putting out fires left right and centre.
Turley. 3. Ripped to shreds. Will be having nightmares tonight about their centre forward.
Widdowson. 5. Better than the rest of the defence which is a little Brussel sprouts are better than cabbage.
Kemp. 4. Anonymous.
Clay. 3. I get some stick about my opinion of clay but he is just a lower league two plodder. Awful.
Cisse. 2. I am pretty sure he nodded off at one point today. For a big bloke he doesn’t even get stuck in. Zero fire in his belly and should be ashamed.
Freeman. 3. A terrible football player on the evidence so far.
Brophy. 4. Jobi decided he is better at left back at half time. I could have told him that. To be fair, zero service.
Johnson. 3. The comparisons with the forwards today and recently vs port vale does Johnson no favours. Appreciate he is up on his own but so slow. Can’t hold the ball up. Can’t head the ball.

Subs 5. Wilkinson 6. Mom. Worked hard. No idea why he has been dropped. A consistent 7 every week. Might be something related to his attitude that we don’t know about.
Ref. 7. Refs this season have been mostly excellent.
Exeter. 8.5. Different class. Rotated second half as they made the correct decision that we are completely useless.
Jobi. 4. Embleton passed Jobi his book of tactics and Jobi swallowed it. The first thing he should do is pick macanuff. We miss him.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ratings.

Post by Thor »

Can’t argue with what you say. The only positive is that it can only get better from here on in, Jobi will be looking for a response from his team and hopefully they will right the wrongs of today.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

One of the most inept performances from an Orient side for a long time. First 45 I'd put it down to a freak bad day at the office because of keeper errors but that pathetic response second half was unforgivable.

Vigoroux - 2 - been our saviour this season but had a day that will be remembered via blooper reels
Akinola - 3 - awful day at RB, didn't know whether he was coming or going
Turley - 4 - can't give much more given the scoreline
Happe - 4 - ditto
Widdowson - 4 ditto
Cissé - 2 - awful, miles off the pace how did he last 90 mins?
Clay - 4 - comes up short against quality L2 CMs sadly
Freeman - 3 - anonymous
Brophy - 4 - barely saw the ball then back to Embleton LB
Johnson - 3 - not sure if we'll see the pre-injury DJ again
Kemp - 3 - was he even on the pitch?

Wilkinson - 5 - had two shots, one greedy
Ling - 4 - didn't give away a pen so better than Akinola but equally roasted by the winger

McAnuff - 2 - would give him a bye for the first half but to go not have a go or change it up second half was as bad as Embleton. Talked the talk didn't walk the walk

Exeter - 8 - no complaints being beaten by a good side, wish them well for their promotion push
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Our midfield and defence today was clueless.No commitment or understanding with each other. Hector must be given a chance .Lots of players must go this summer if we are to go forward next year
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Ouch!
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:54 pm Vigouroux. 2. Had a mare.
Turley. 3. Ripped to shreds. Will be having nightmares tonight about their centre forward.
Widdowson. 5. Better than the rest of the defence which is a little Brussel sprouts are better than cabbage.
Kemp. 4. Anonymous.
Clay. 3. I get some stick about my opinion of clay but he is just a lower league two plodder. Awful.
Cisse. 2. I am pretty sure he nodded off at one point today. For a big bloke he doesn’t even get stuck in. Zero fire in his belly and should be ashamed.
Brophy. 4. Jobi decided he is better at left back at half time. I could have told him that. To be fair, zero service.
Johnson. 3. The comparisons with the forwards today and recently vs port vale does Johnson no favours. Appreciate he is up on his own but so slow. Can’t hold the ball up. Can’t head the ball.

Subs 5. Wilkinson 6. Mom. Worked hard. No idea why he has been dropped. A consistent 7 every week. Might be something related to his attitude that we don’t know about.
Exeter. 8.5. Different class. Rotated second half as they made the correct decision that we are completely useless.
Jobi. 4. Embleton passed Jobi his book of tactics and Jobi swallowed it. The first thing he should do is pick macanuff. We miss him.
Agree with most things . I personally think that Wilkinson is a very selfish player. He is not a winger and we need height in the middle of the box. He owns the free kicks and more often enough does nothing but shoot over the bar or into the wall. If we don’t watch out he be taking corners next. Nobody today deserved MOM. All clueless. Long balls to Johnson is not working .He cannot win headers and does not know how to hold up play. Really do not know where we go from here.
Jeanluc
Fresh Alias

Post by Jeanluc »

Nothing wrong with long balls to Johnson – if they give him a fighting chance. Most of the long balls were either so ridiculously over-hit or 15 yards to the left or right of the player. If that’s the sort of service Johnson gets (nothing on the floor for him to run on to) he’ll be gone – and who could blame him?
What disappointed me the most was our consistent ability to pass to a player in a black shirt – did they think the red of Exeter were Orient players in disguise? I started to count how many balls were just passed to the opposition when under no pressure but quickly gave up.

Today’s result was not about formation, or tactics – it was about an almost total lack of the competence required at any level, let alone professional EFL 2. No magic wand Jobi solution I’m afraid – start with a complete overhaul and clear out in the summer.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:54 pm Vigouroux. 2. Had a mare.
Kemp. 4. Anonymous.

Difficult to argue with those ratings based on the 60 minutes I watched.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

McAnuff seems to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We know that we can pass and I gave him a bye against Grimsby because he upped the pace but at the expense of passing accuracy. Today we were capable of neither. If Harrold is our head scout he must have brought back the intel that we need to hold onto the ball to negate their slick play, yet, even allowing for the laughable goals, we just resorted to a hoof at every opportunity. I don't expect any better from Turley but Cisse (very, very bad) et al just pumped it up to Johnson all game and then waited for the next Exeter attack.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

We missed Jobi in midfield, wonder if after this game if he will reconsider his decision to hang up his boots, even the option of him being on the bench would be a bonus !
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

jamespevans wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:56 pm McAnuff seems to have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We know that we can pass and I gave him a bye against Grimsby because he upped the pace but at the expense of passing accuracy. Today we were capable of neither. If Harrold is our head scout he must have brought back the intel that we need to hold onto the ball to negate their slick play, yet, even allowing for the laughable goals, we just resorted to a hoof at every opportunity. I don't expect any better from Turley but Cisse (very, very bad) et al just pumped it up to Johnson all game and then waited for the next Exeter attack.
Jobi wants to get the ball more quickly to the forwards. Hoofing the ball up to DJ is not the answer. We don’t seem to have a midfielder to take the ball forward with pace Cisse has been very disappointing and his passing forward to find players has been shocking. He should be dropped for Hector. We also need a midfielder who can add goals to the team. Exeter is a good team but we made them look like world beaters. A shameful display today from everybody.
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

In summary, Jobi was of course part of the Embleton problem being his right hand man and where a settled, confident first team normally excels, at this level Jobi hasn't got the luxury of time (re: interim job title) so he will chop and change with a whole host of players whose careers are going in the wrong direction and individual errors will cost us time after time.
Really hope I'm wrong but this is how I see it.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Generally agree with the ratings. Vigouroux having a 'mare doesn't worry me, I'm glad that the game he's had an absolute shocker in is one we'd have comfortably lost anyway. Exeter were good, but I think that's about as bad as we've been in the last couple of years. Right back is an issue, and it has been for a while now - I think Akinola is a centre back and he's better in a central position. Was surprised he was hooked over Turley, that's the worst I've seen Turley play. Our transitions were horrible, it looks like we're playing a lot more direct, but we had 50% pass completion today, literally every second ball turned over possession.

Realistically we need 10+ wins from 14 games for the play offs, I think that's season over now.
Exiled O
Fresh Alias

Post by Exiled O »

It sounds dire. I'm glad I decided to give it a miss and save a tenner.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

It was so bad I had to check that it wasn't a live game on the telly.

I