Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:20 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:43 pm
Thor wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Who said I rent my properties to poor people? Just because you rent doesn’t suggest you are poor, some people don’t want a mortgage around their necks, some like the choice of being able to move around and do it easily and cheaply. If I want to move to Essex say, I’ve got to sell my house which will cost me an arm and a leg in fees etc. Then the buying will cost me more fees and taxes etc. Renting, I’ve got none of those bills to pay, can move quickly and without too much hassle.
You can move very quickly when your c*nt of a landlord decides to turf you out or up the rent to an unaffordable amount.
The quicker bad landlords are removed from the system the better it will be for tenants.
The quicker house prices come down to realistic levels and more people can afford to buy their own home, the better it will be.

Immoral to be profiteering out of someone less fortunate than you in this way.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Chukka Umunna who criticised the crazy wages of the city when he was a labour mp has now take a job a jp Morgan. Oh the hypocrisy.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:38 am Chukka Umunna who criticised the crazy wages of the city when he was a labour mp has now take a job a jp Morgan. Oh the hypocrisy.
My sister retired.from JP early as her bonusses went from $250,000 down to $35,000
My Niece who has just been made a V.P there has never had a sniff of a $100,000 bonus .

Criticism of something is fine .
Working somewhere after criticism has been taken on board & fixed .

I see No argument for Thorbyns story .
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thor wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:38 am Chukka Umunna who criticised the crazy wages of the city when he was a labour mp has now take a job a jp Morgan. Oh the hypocrisy.
Just to fill in the obvious knowledge gap for you, young Chukka was hardly a hero to the left either. Reference his naked careerist leaps to splitters uk with some other no-marks and then the inevitable joining of the yellow tories.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 am
My sister retired.from JP early as her bonusses went from $250,000 down to $35,000
My Niece who has just been made a V.P there has never had a sniff of a $100,000 bonus .

Family has money, but you're squatting :|
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

You need the Lib Dem Watch thread, Andy.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:38 am

Family has money, but you're squatting :|
Family has expenses
im not Squatting.
Im sitting down !
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

they sound horrible, good luck to you.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Can't get just shy of 10k board posts if you're doing a 90hr week in banking. Sacrifices have to be made
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Old Jeremy corbyn beloved by the old lefties is caught breaking covid rules once again. What is it with this man and following authority? 12 friends sitting around a table drinking coffee with no social distancing or face masks.

It’s the same old from the old lefties, do as I say not as I do.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Just seen it in the Mail. Not only did he attend the funeral of a friend, he then had the audacity to sit down and have a coffee outside with other mourners. What an absolute b*stard.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Love the way Thor gets all hot and sweaty when a lefty allegedly breaks rules. Even better when it’s Corbyn who’s now about as relevant as Disraeli.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:33 am Just seen it in the Mail. Not only did he attend the funeral of a friend, he then had the audacity to sit down and have a coffee outside with other mourners. What an absolute b*stard.
But it’s ok if he flouts the rules and ends up causing someone else to go to a funeral due to spreading a virus the rules are intended to help prevent.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:19 pm
But it’s ok if he flouts the rules and ends up causing someone else to go to a funeral due to spreading a virus the rules are intended to help prevent.
The country's economy is devastated, a horrendous number of deaths, a PM who thought it was good for a joke (operation 'last gasp' was his initiative for sourcing desperately needed ventilators) , but Dohnut 's greatest worry is about Corbyn, his attendance at a funeral and gathering of a few friends (all seemingly at least 1 meter apart which was officially deemed o.k. when 2 meters isn't possible).
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

That New Statesman article ^ sums up Starmer’s thorny issue as he vacuously tries to (re)capture the middle ground and chases after these elusive small-c conservative Labour voters.

Sunak has made a decent fist of applying “war communism” fiscal relief measures through the pandemic so far - economic ideology out of the window and short-term pragmatism to the fore in order to mitigate the financial constrictions.

Yet that’s what Tories usually do: mixed market pragmatism when it’s required, and cynical vote chasing when necessary. They’ve rowed left and “stolen” Starmer’s desired spot, putting him in the crazy position of being more right wing than the Tories on this issue. He seems out of his depth to me: he’s already royally pissed off the lefties, and I suspect it won’t be too long before the back-stabbing Bureaucratic “Sensibles” who backed him from the right of the party start sharpening their knives.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

E10EU wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:43 am
The country's economy is devastated, a horrendous number of deaths, a PM who thought it was good for a joke (operation 'last gasp' was his initiative for sourcing desperately needed ventilators) , but Dohnut 's greatest worry is about Corbyn, his attendance at a funeral and gathering of a few friends (all seemingly at least 1 meter apart which was officially deemed o.k. when 2 meters isn't possible).
Little tip. Don’t engage with Maffy - it’s futile and a waste of energy.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

slacker wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:05 am That New Statesman article ^ sums up Starmer’s thorny issue as he vacuously tries to (re)capture the middle ground and chases after these elusive small-c conservative Labour voters.

Sunak has made a decent fist of applying “war communism” fiscal relief measures through the pandemic so far - economic ideology out of the window and short-term pragmatism to the fore in order to mitigate the financial constrictions.

Yet that’s what Tories usually do: mixed market pragmatism when it’s required, and cynical vote chasing when necessary. They’ve rowed left and “stolen” Starmer’s desired spot, putting him in the crazy position of being more right wing than the Tories on this issue. He seems out of his depth to me: he’s already royally pissed off the lefties, and I suspect it won’t be too long before the back-stabbing Bureaucratic “Sensibles” who backed him from the right of the party start sharpening their knives.
Starmer is a smart bloke who could be useful in any government. I like him, but he's just not an inspiring leader. People will never warm to him in the way they would to someone like Nandy. However, Labour's choices were thin, and I'm not sure there is anyone right now who could outflank the Tories.

You really have to hand it to them the way they've nailed the psyche of the electorate. I believe the Tory vote has pretty much been on an upward trend in England since 2005 and there's not much sign of that changing any time soon.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Admin wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:14 am
My concern is that people in the public eye are seen to be setting a good example. I don’t give a toss whether that’s Corbyn ignoring the rules, for the third time that we know of, Johnson doing his bike ride well outside reasonable distances, Cummings Stupidity or than SNP bird travelling by train.

For information, my family has been hit hard by Covid. Very hard! So don’t expect me to be making excuses for a-holes who should know better.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:09 am

My concern is that people in the public eye are seen to be setting a good example. I don’t give a toss whether that’s Corbyn ignoring the rules, for the third time that we know of, Johnson doing his bike ride well outside reasonable distances, Cummings Stupidity or than SNP bird travelling by train.

For information, my family has been hit hard by Covid. Very hard! So don’t expect me to be making excuses for a-holes who should know better.
Sorry to hear your family has been hit so hard by Covid.

Here's the latest guidance from the Government, tells you what you should be doing to avoid catching - and spreading - the virus: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus?gclid=Cj ... aEQAvD_BwE

Good luck.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Dunners wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:12 am I believe the Tory vote has pretty much been on an upward trend in England since 2005 and there's not much sign of that changing any time soon.
Some boring stats

As a share of the popular vote the Conservative Party have increased their share every election since 1997.

In the previous election to 1997 (1992) Major achieved the highest amount of votes ever achieved. This despite the fact the population was circa 10M less in 1992 than in 2019 and Boris getting the highest proportion of the vote in 40 years.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:20 am

Here's the latest guidance from the Government, tells you what you should be doing to avoid catching - and spreading - the virus: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus?gclid=Cj ... aEQAvD_BwE

Good luck.
Thanks. But what we have learned is that no matter how hard you try as individuals, you are, out of circumstances, reliant on others too taking every possible precaution. Many don’t.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:37 pm

Good luck.
Thanks. But what we have learned is that no matter how hard you try as individuals, you are, out of circumstances, reliant on others too taking every possible precaution. Many don’t.
Then make them.

I get IMBECILES trying to get into my cab without a mask. No mask. No go.

I secured a supply of surgical masks from the depressingly useless local council and hand them out if the punters want one. They can then travel unless of course if in the initial verbal exchanges they got it on with lippy bantz. Then it's no travel and on to ze liszt they go.

I suggest you secure a supply of masks and keep them in your pocket when you go to the day centre and hand them out to the freedom seeking rebels who don't have one. Together we can beat the selfish stupids.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Good luck.
Then make them.

I get IMBECILES trying to get into my cab without a mask. No mask. No go.

I secured a supply of surgical masks from the depressingly useless local council and hand them out if the punters want one. They can then travel unless of course if in the initial verbal exchanges they got it on with lippy bantz. Then it's no travel and on to ze liszt they go.

I suggest you secure a supply of masks and keep them in your pocket when you go to the day centre and hand them out to the freedom seeking rebels who don't have one. Together we can beat the selfish stupids.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Good luck.
I’ve found the best way to avoid contracting Covid is by taking personal responsibility.

All too easy to blame others.