GILSON SACKED AS COMMENTATOR?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: GILSON SACKED AS COMMENTATOR?

Post by The Orient Hour »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:29 pm
Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm Chris was excellent ,but he now lives in Norwich ,he doesn't drive otherwise we would have been asking him back to do a show each month. We will definitely be involving questions from fans and hopefully providing a regular listen for O's fans. I will announce presenters as we get them.
How much you paying?
50p and as much ice cream as you can eat.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Yes ,thank you all. I hadnt mentioned anything on here about it, and wouldn't have done, especially as it pales into insignificance compared to the current situation. I merely had to answer a 'Gilson Sacked' thread,and it's drawn out since then.
My thoughts are firmly with the family and colleagues of Justin , received a lovely message from Ross last night who is being very brave and is utterly devastated as you can all imagine. These are the people my thoughts are with, my disappointment is not important at this time. Thanks.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Cheshunto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm Did you model your commentary on Brian Moore, Andy ?? You sounded just like him at times !!!
Brought up listening to Brian, Peter Jones,Maurice Eddlestone,Bryon Butler, Barry Davies etc and I guess a piece of each and some of the phrasing they used rubbed off on me. It's just how it should be done in my opinion .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

No problem, just thought people might like to know when a long serving member of staff is released on a free.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm Are you still recording it in Zone 17?
Hi mate, if you're referring to Orient Hour being recorded in Brentwood, then yes it is . If you are still interested in coming on then get in touch.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 am No problem, just thought people might like to know when a long serving member of staff is released on a free.
I wasn't a member of staff . I wasn't on the payroll.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:53 pm
Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm You will have a new commentator I believe.
I don't know if Prestige has 'a problem' with me as such Biggsy, I've always said it's law of averages with the commentary 33pc will like what you do, 33pc think it's OK and 33pc won't like your voice/style at all. That will go for pretty much any commentator/DJ/Presenter. Just the way it is.
With regard to the Orient Hour ,I am in the middle of recruiting main presenters, can announce former LBC & BBC sports host Steve Tongue is joining us next season. Outlooks Steve Nussbaum too, several regulars and we will have an ideas and strategy meeting soon.
Good on you for recognising that the guys that took over from Chris Hood just weren't up to it.
Tbf Ollie and Mike have left because they have a new venture that I am not at liberty to discuss atm, they did it differently to Chris and Tbf I would like each host to do very much their own thing ,so we get a varied show rather than the same old each week.
Ollie and Mike, while not good presenters, were streets ahead of Darin though. I notice you left his name off the list and last night he was on Talksport introduced as from the Orient Hour. So I assume that not all the deadwood has been cleared out?
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Shockjock clickbait thread title in capitals.Some things never change.

....and a question mark.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Darin will be on the rota of hosts so one in every 3 or 4 shows . As I've said before it's all about percentages and there will always be about a third of people who don't like an individual's voice or style. I don't think Darin got much of a look in as it was very much Mike n Ollies show before. I think he fits in fine with a chat based show myself, but it is all about opinions,and yours is as valid as mine.
lordgriff
Fresh Alias

Post by lordgriff »

Actually I think Darin comes across quite well.
Sorry to hear you're not commentating anymore Andy and thanks for all the hard work you put in to keep the Orient Hour on the air.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

I like Darin too. Comes across as the voice of reason. Has a nice manner & seems to be the sort of person you could enjoy a pint with
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Saw this on Mungo’s forum last week. As I said there, where I was put right on a point I was unsure of about Gilso walking away/being pushed that’s a hell of a long service he’s put in, and I’m guessing most of it (if not all) was on a voluntary basis. I hope the Club sees fit to acknowledge it publicly somehow - in the programme or on the website, maybe.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

lordgriff wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am Actually I think Darin comes across quite well.
Sorry to hear you're not commentating anymore Andy and thanks for all the hard work you put in to keep the Orient Hour on the air.
Yeah, fine at talking about things as a sidekick but a terrible presenter. Can't read anything prepared without stumbling over every other word.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

slacker wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am Saw this on Mungo’s forum last week. As I said there, where I was put right on a point I was unsure of about Gilso walking away/being pushed that’s a hell of a long service he’s put in, and I’m guessing most of it (if not all) was on a voluntary basis. I hope the Club sees fit to acknowledge it publicly somehow - in the programme or on the website, maybe.
Yeah "voluntary", but presumably he has got into hundreds of games for free. he is also able to name drop 3 people from the club on this thread alone.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Pleased to hear Steve Tongue is going to be involved more on The Orient Hour. Considered analysis and few 'erms' if at all.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Andy Gilson wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:52 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:04 pm Are you still recording it in Zone 17?
Hi mate, if you're referring to Orient Hour being recorded in Brentwood, then yes it is . If you are still interested in coming on then get in touch.
A mod-cast is long overdue.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:31 am
slacker wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am Saw this on Mungo’s forum last week. As I said there, where I was put right on a point I was unsure of about Gilso walking away/being pushed that’s a hell of a long service he’s put in, and I’m guessing most of it (if not all) was on a voluntary basis. I hope the Club sees fit to acknowledge it publicly somehow - in the programme or on the website, maybe.
Yeah "voluntary", but presumably he has got into hundreds of games for free. he is also able to name drop 3 people from the club on this thread alone.
No I didn't pay, but I've painted the wall of the ground for free, worked in the office for free when they were skint in the 90s ,delivered stuff collected stuff,and voiced over at studios for free, so I've helped to raise a lot more than if I had just paid my money and watched, also paid money for players boots when the club was skint and the board sat on their hands, I gave my time, obviously I enjoyed it and I enjoyed the people. Just like the staff in the supporters club give their time for free. If it upsets you that you expected me to pay as well ,then I can only apologise.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 am
lordgriff wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am Actually I think Darin comes across quite well.
Yeah, fine at talking about things as a sidekick but a terrible presenter. Can't read anything prepared without stumbling over every other word.
Tbf I am against scripts for exactly that reason. I prefer bullet points for each subject you are covering, it ensures a more natural feel to proceedings.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Andy Gilson wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:09 am
No I didn't pay, but I've painted the wall of the ground for free, worked in the office for free when they were skint in the 90s ,delivered stuff collected stuff,and voiced over at studios for free, so I've helped to raise a lot more than if I had just paid my money and watched, also paid money for players boots when the club was skint and the board sat on their hands, I gave my time, obviously I enjoyed it and I enjoyed the people. Just like the staff in the supporters club give their time for free. If it upsets you that you expected me to pay as well ,then I can only apologise.
They should have paid you. After all, i thought you disliked charity(shops)? You've basically taken a job out of the economy.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Hi Andy, you did a good job and time now to take a break and move onto some other projects.
Thank you for all you have done over so many years.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Orients loss is fashion gain. Well done TTM.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

admin wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 am
Andy Gilson wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:52 am
A mod-cast is long overdue.
Yeah, but what we the listeners want to know is will you be wearing two tone? Stapress? Fred Perry? This is Important for us mere listeners to be able to judge your mod cast.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:09 pm Thank you for your contributions Andy 👍👍
I echo that 100%
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:23 am

They should have paid you. After all, i thought you disliked charity(shops)? You've basically taken a job out of the economy.
Hi PW. A question for you. Were your born an idiot or is it a skill you've worked hard to achieve. If so, well done, as you are a first class prize idiot. Respect. In the world of idiots you have climbed the ladder all the way to the top.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

AG - just to assist in case you're not aware, PW is Caca / Lester, well known wum and contrarian around these parts for many a year.

Best not to rise to his bait old chap.