Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Re: Coronavirus

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Sorry for your loss.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Reports from RTE News on current Coronavirus news there

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0301/11999 ... 9-ireland/

The latest report on Covid-19 cases from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre shows that there were 1,403 cases in children aged 12 years and younger, in the two weeks to 27 February.

Of these, 28 were admitted to hospital, but none were in intensive care units.

There were 589 cases among those aged 0-4 years, with 814 cases in those aged 5-12, while there were 710 cases in the 13-18 age group.

Meanwhile, the number of patients in hospital with Covid-19 continues to reduce, according to the latest official figures.

There are currently 546 confirmed cases of the disease in hospitals, down eight on the situation yesterday evening.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in ICU has also reduced to 120.

Schools are back next Monday arent they ?
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

In Ireland? No idea.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:45 pm Scholls are back next Monday arent they ?
Good. My feet are killing me.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Real Al wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:30 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:45 pm Scholls are back next Monday arent they ?
Good. My feet are killing me.
I put my foot in that one didnt I .
Corrected original text
🤗
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I have been taking part in a survey. Bit boring as I rarely go to shops etc. Every week they ask: any symptoms-no, any tests-no. Had a jab yes once etc etc. Then they asked if I do a blood test, so I said OK. On Friday, I had to fill a small test tube with some gunge in it, with 5 mls of blood ( I reckon half a finger's worth ) . The lancet whacked my finger with a goodly force, still hurts a bit. But I gave them my 5 ml in a highly prescribed manner. Today I got results. No I have never had Covid19 ( what a surprise ). However no antibodies either, despite a jab 3 weeks ago. I think this is normal. Not sure whether this blood letting will be a regular event.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Is it a coincidence that the positive tests are falling in line with a WHO guideline which came in to force on the 21/1?

https://worldnewsera.com/news/startups/ ... tech-news/

Since that directive positives tests are falling by the day, which just proves the lie about false positives.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:19 pm Is it a coincidence that the positive tests are falling in line with a WHO guideline which came in to force on the 21/1?

Since that directive positives tests are falling by the day, which just proves the lie about false positives.
I don't think there's anything false about the excess deaths though.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:19 pm Is it a coincidence that the positive tests are falling in line with a WHO guideline which came in to force on the 21/1?

Now according to the new WHO guidelines, a single positive PCR test for the virus isn’t going to cut it anymore. The fact that you are PCR positive no longer means you have COVID-19. In other words, you don’t have COVID-19 unless you get a second test to confirm it, and are presenting clinical symptoms. WHO also said that, even if you don’t show any symptoms, you’ll need to get a second test for confirmation as well.

It would suggest a positive from a test could show you as having covid.

If A second positive test test that would mean you still had covid

If A second test shows negative that would mean you were at the end of
The virus cycle in you when the 1st test was positive .
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

UK’s huge Covid-19 death toll linked to its high obesity rates, new study finds
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/u ... h-23600978

The UK has the third highest Covid-19 death rate in the world at 184 deaths per 100,000 people, and the fourth worst weight problem with 64% of adults overweight.

Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organisation, said: “This report must act as a wake-up call to governments globally.

The correlation between obesity and mortality rates from Covid-19 is clear and compelling."
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

The sharp decrease in infections is slowing down. Still badly affecting BAME's who are resisting the call to vaccinate. They are also involved in front line work with the public. Apparently Bangladeshi's are now the worst example of this. Something needs to be done to reach out to these communities. This really show the downside when integration doesn't take place. I hope BoJo & his boys take some urgent action, but I hae mae doubts
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Clive Evans wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:29 am The sharp decrease in infections is slowing down. Still badly affecting BAME's who are resisting the call to vaccinate. They are also involved in front line work with the public. Apparently Bangladeshi's are now the worst example of this. Something needs to be done to reach out to these communities. This really show the downside when integration doesn't take place. I hope BoJo & his boys take some urgent action, but I hae mae doubts
I dont know the in's and outs of the situation and resistance to the vaccine but i think it's sadly more deep rooted than Boris having a word. Deep rooted lack of trust is probably the starting point. These groups are always left behind and mistreated by governments. No wonder they are suspicious.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

faldO wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:48 am UK’s huge Covid-19 death toll linked to its high obesity rates, new study finds

The UK has the third highest Covid-19 death rate in the world at 184 deaths per 100,000 people, and the fourth worst weight problem with 64% of adults overweight.

Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organisation, said: “This report must act as a wake-up call to governments globally.

The correlation between obesity and mortality rates from Covid-19 is clear and compelling."
This is becoming a huge topic around the world as well as in the U.K. The correlation identified is not really surprising. I have little doubt the same could be identified with things like Heart disease. Apart from the tragic loss of life it’s a huge burden on the NHS. So should Governments intervene? Not too sure how.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Clive Evans wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:29 am I hope BoJo & his boys take some urgent action, but I hae mae doubts
The mask slips, maxy boy.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:21 am
Clive Evans wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:29 am I hope BoJo & his boys take some urgent action, but I hae mae doubts
The mask slips, maxy boy.
I'm sure the IP Detectorists will confirm this to be false.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

faldO wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:48 am UK’s huge Covid-19 death toll linked to its high obesity rates, new study finds

Perhaps this will make the point I was making easier to understand Tuffers. It’s not fat shaming. It’s pointing out the obvious.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Ronnie Hotdogs :- With a name like Clive Evans, I would hardly be a Jock would I? Even less doubt if you knew that I was Clive G Evans with a fine Welsh middle name. I was quoting from E M Forster's " A Passage To India. Forster wasn't a Jock either, he was born in London and was lucky enough to have a Welsh Pa. I suggest reading A Passage to India. It doesn't show the English in a good light.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Sorry Clive/Max.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:36 pm Sorry Clive/Max.
Hmm. I didn't get where I am today by not being able to spot a red herring.

Clive/Ronnie
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Nah its Fat Shaming
George wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:58 am

Perhaps this will make the point I was making easier to understand Tuffers. It’s not fat shaming. It’s pointing out the obvious.
The Obvious is that Britain is 36th on the Obesity lists
Behind many nations who have a much smaller death rate per100,000 people .

Yet Only the U.S & Mexico have higher death numbers even though they are lower death per 100k .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... esity_rate

I know you are trying to make a point
But
New Zealand has higher obesity
Saudi Arabia has higher obesity
Kuwait has Higher obesity
Canada has higher obesity
Australia has higher obesity
Turkey has higher obesity

Etc Etc Etc

Yet all have lower death rates per 100k & per numbers of dead .
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Tuffers. Doesn’t the article say we have the 4th worst obesity rate in the world. In any case I was comparing with Europe which , as I said , is a better comparison. I also included other factors. But my main point was that there is more to it than plain bad governance
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

I didnt bother with reading the article

George wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:22 pm Tuffers. Doesn’t the article say we have the 4th worst obesity rate in the world. In any case I was comparing with Europe which , as I said , is a better comparison. I also included other factors. But my main point was that there is more to it than plain bad governance

Far easier.to show that all the arguments you seem to throw out
Can & inevetably are proven to be due to bad governance
Just look at the states for that .

500k dead because a bloke who believed in Lysol
Did F*ck all .
Now run along like a good boy George

The worlds Highest Obesity rates
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

George wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:22 pm Tuffers. Doesn’t the article say we have the 4th worst obesity rate in the world. In any case I was comparing with Europe which , as I said , is a better comparison. I also included other factors. But my main point was that there is more to it than plain bad governance
Hang on a minute. Even with the number of fatties we have less of them would have died if Johnson et al hadn't bungled their response to the pandemic. Never forget Johnson failed to attend the first FIVE Cobra meetings called to deal with the response to the virus.

He then down played its severity by walking around shaking hands with everyone he met. He then led a government that promoted the concept of "herd immunity" which without a vaccine at the time was a myth designed to keep the wheels of capitalism rolling whilst people died. Lives are expendable if there is money to be made.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:30 pm I didnt bother with reading the article
That's obvious.

Perhaps if you did you might learn something.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:32 pm
Hang on a minute. Even with the number of fatties we have less of them would have died if Johnson et al hadn't bungled their response to the pandemic. Never forget Johnson failed to attend the first FIVE Cobra meetings called to deal with the response to the virus.

He then down played its severity by walking around shaking hands with everyone he met. He then led a government that promoted the concept of "herd immunity" which without a vaccine at the time was a myth designed to keep the wheels of capitalism rolling whilst people died. Lives are expendable if there is money to be made.
Exactly. FAT LIVES MATTER.