Team i'd like to see under new manager

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Team i'd like to see under new manager

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:26 am Jobi's played in the same team as some of the squad for nearly 4 years and some for well over a year, if he doesn't know what they can or cannot do, then no-one does. I think we'll see changes in both the team and playing style straight away. But I really hope he doesn't start with himself, but puts himself on the bench. And then it'll be interesting to see who gets the captain's armband on the pitch. My money is on Craig Clay. I also think he'll put a forward partner alongside DJ. But in reality who knows, we'll see at about 6 pm tomorrow when the teams are announced.
COYOS
Thomson is the new captain.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:38 am Vigaroux
Turley Akinola Thompson Widdowson
Cisse Clay
Kemp Jobi Brophy
Johnson

I’d take Happe out for a bit because his confidence looks shot. Happe back in and Akinola at right back. You can also play anyone on the right as they’re all playing equally as poorly. Gone with Kemp because he can cut inside.

Abrahams and Freeman have looked garbage.
Clay can't hold.

Freeman has to start.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Formation: 442 they will get at least a point.🤞
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:28 pm
Cisse Clay
Kemp Jobi Brophy
Johnson

I’d take Happe out for a bit because his confidence looks shot. Happe back in and Akinola at right back. You can also play anyone on the right as they’re all playing equally as poorly. Gone with Kemp because he can cut inside.

Clay can't hold.

Freeman has to start.
It’s 4231. No one is holding. It’s a balanced midfield two, Clay can play box to box without needing to be creative. Freeman has been sh*t. It’s him or Jobi.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 pm
Cisse Clay
Kemp Jobi Brophy
Johnson

Clay can't hold.

Freeman has to start.
It’s 4231. No one is holding. It’s a balanced midfield two, Clay can play box to box without needing to be creative. Freeman has been sh*t. It’s him or Jobi.
You need that central pairing to be fairly defensive minded as the width has to come from the full backs. Clay ain’t disciplined enough to hold that sort of role - his strength is charging about further upfield like a headless chicken, both with and without the ball. :)
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:06 pm

Clay can't hold.

Freeman has to start.
You need that central pairing to be fairly defensive minded as the width has to come from the full backs. Clay ain’t disciplined enough to hold that sort of role - his strength is charging about further upfield like a headless chicken, both with and without the ball. :)
Cisse is defenaively minded, Clay can play his best role and give energy getting forward and going back. You don’t need 2 defensive midfielders sitting in there.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

We can't change the players but I hope we can change the mentality. In this respect I have no idea if players like Cisse and Ling were playing to instruction ie don't be adventurous or playing to their ability. Jobi, will know the players inside out so will know what they actually can do . We don't need too many points to be safe from relegation so a sh*t or bust approach carries very little risk. It will also identify who stays and who goes in June.

A mention of JMD, Was his departure down to Ross, ability or energy? He is only on loan at Crawley is he not?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:16 pm
Cisse is defenaively minded, Clay can play his best role and give energy getting forward and going back. You don’t need 2 defensive midfielders sitting in there.
Clay has shown so many times he can't play in a 2. And if you want full backs to get on and give you some width, yes you do need two that are defensively minded.
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonstoneRed07 M »

It has to be 442 otherwise its same old, same old. Hopefully Jobi will be free from interference from Ling Snr too and left to do it his way.

Vigeroux
Kemp Clay Cisse Brophy
Johnson Abrahams
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:16 pm

Clay has shown so many times he can't play in a 2. And if you want full backs to get on and give you some width, yes you do need two that are defensively minded.
Completely disagree. He was the player of the year playing in a 2 in the NL. We haven’t consistently played with a 2 for a long time.

Don’t need the full backs giving you width playing with 2 wingers. Anything else you want me to prove you wrong over?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Clay was player of the season in the NL? 🤣🤡🤣

You need the front 3 playing narrower as otherwise you just end up with the same issue of everyone being isolated. And for that you need attacking fullback. And for that, you need plenty of cover centrally.

I agree we haven’t played 2 centrally for a long time, though. There’s a bloody good reason for that. 😄
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:20 pm It has to be 442 otherwise its same old, same old. Hopefully Jobi will be free from interference from Ling Snr too and left to do it his way.

Vigeroux
Kemp Clay Cisse Brophy
Johnson Abrahams
I would take a chance and go for a central pairing of Cisse and Hector Kyprianou.
Interesting that the vast majority of favoured lineups on this forum go for the forgotten man Turley at right back and also Brophy on the left wing.
I would also like to see how it would work out in having the physical presence of Abrahams playing alongside Johnson in a 4-4-2 lineup.
Widdowson at left back, well not my favourite player but being as I want to see Brophy pushed forward, limited for choice in the left back position, either Widdowson, Happe or Sweeny, so I would go for Widdowson. Jobi in his first match as caretaker manager, to be on the bench ready to go on later in the game if needed.

So playing the game of football manager, here is my team as follows

Vigeroux
Kemp Kyprianou Cisse Brophy
Johnson Abrahams
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Vigouroux
Turley/Akinola Thompson Happe Widdowson/Brophy
Kemp Freeman Cisse Brophy/Dennis
Johnson Wilkinson
Vigouroux
Kemp/Turley Akinola Thompson Happe Widdowson/Brophy
Freeman Cisse Hector/Clay
Johnson Wilkinson
However you have to watch it live to compile a proper report as TV Camera’s follow the ball and don’t get an overall prospective. So please give me a little leeway on this.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:27 pm
EliotNes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:26 am Jobi's played in the same team as some of the squad for nearly 4 years and some for well over a year, if he doesn't know what they can or cannot do, then no-one does. I think we'll see changes in both the team and playing style straight away. But I really hope he doesn't start with himself, but puts himself on the bench. And then it'll be interesting to see who gets the captain's armband on the pitch. My money is on Craig Clay. I also think he'll put a forward partner alongside DJ. But in reality who knows, we'll see at about 6 pm tomorrow when the teams are announced.
COYOS
Not according to Jobi's interview. Clay will skipper at Grimsby and Jobi is looking for him to take the position forward.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:34 pm Clay was player of the season in the NL? 🤣🤡🤣
And that award was chosen by his team-mates, so that's how highly that group thought of him. I'd rate their opinions of a players abilities, over yours any day. But don't take offence. ;)
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:25 am Vigaro

Turley Akinola Thomson Brophy

Freeman Hector Cisse Kemp

DJ Wilko

Hector and Cisse both offering protection to the back line. Freeman and Kemp coming in as narrow as possible, the width coming from the fullbacks.
We cannot still play Brophy as a LB. Bring in Widdowson and play Brophy further forward. He won’t play Cisse and Hector together.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Vigouroux
Turley Thompson Akinola Widdowson
Kemp Clay Kyprianou Brophy
DJ, Wilkinson
That's my team

Subs: Sarge, Happe, Abraham's, Cisse, Freeman,
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

COYOS
Can't see the team being announced at 6pm with it being a 7.45 kick off 😂😂
LeytonstoneRed07 M
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonstoneRed07 M »

BIGRON wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:36 pm
COYOS
Why, are you just going to tune in for the second half.

Kick off is 7pm tomorrow
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

COYOS
It's not a 1945 kickoff.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:46 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:27 pm
COYOS
Not according to Jobi's interview. Clay will skipper at Grimsby and Jobi is looking for him to take the position forward.
We’ll see. Jobi made it quite clear nothing permanent had been arranged and a longer term decision is still to be made. It could very easily be that Thomson is out tomorrow after Saturday?

Regardless, what Jobi went on to say was true - it doesn’t matter who has the armband, it’s about having multiple leaders out on the pitch. That’s something we have been a bit short of all season and needs to improve.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:52 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:34 pm Clay was player of the season in the NL? 🤣🤡🤣
And that award was chosen by his team-mates, so that's how highly that group thought of him. I'd rate their opinions of a players abilities, over yours any day. But don't take offence. ;)
I may have mentioned my disbelief about that at the time. I’ll think you’ll find those that really know made different choices.

Jobi will know him as well as anyone - as well as several other players - so be really interesting to see how this pans out.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:19 pm
COYOS
It's not a 1945 kickoff.
My mistake , I'm sure it was 7.45 when I looked the other day , I may of course be wrong 😂😂
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

#BIGwRONg
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

A winning one.