GILSON SACKED AS COMMENTATOR?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: GILSON SACKED AS COMMENTATOR?

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm You will have a new commentator I believe.
I don't know if Prestige has 'a problem' with me as such Biggsy, I've always said it's law of averages with the commentary 33pc will like what you do, 33pc think it's OK and 33pc won't like your voice/style at all. That will go for pretty much any commentator/DJ/Presenter. Just the way it is.
With regard to the Orient Hour ,I am in the middle of recruiting main presenters, can announce former LBC & BBC sports host Steve Tongue is joining us next season. Outlooks Steve Nussbaum too, several regulars and we will have an ideas and strategy meeting soon.
Good on you for recognising that the guys that took over from Chris Hood just weren't up to it.
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

Hi Andy. Just wanted to say i enjoyed your commentary and like others said you were a ringer for Brian Moore. Take that as a compliment!!
AckneyAwks
Fresh Alias

Post by AckneyAwks »

Oh yeah...wish the guy who started this thread would realise 'his services are no longer required'.
About time IMO
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

This is a fuking outrage. Gilso is the best commentator we've had since 1988. There were even times when he almost sounded professional.

Never mind - Orients loss is the Tatatoriums gain. I suppose.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:38 pm Good luck with your future endeavours Andy.
You must have been doing the O's stuff a long while, I remember you from the late 80''s.
Back in the old 4th div days, do you recall Paul who worked for BT?
Can't say I remember a Paul from BT sorry.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:53 pm
Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm You will have a new commentator I believe.
I don't know if Prestige has 'a problem' with me as such Biggsy, I've always said it's law of averages with the commentary 33pc will like what you do, 33pc think it's OK and 33pc won't like your voice/style at all. That will go for pretty much any commentator/DJ/Presenter. Just the way it is.
With regard to the Orient Hour ,I am in the middle of recruiting main presenters, can announce former LBC & BBC sports host Steve Tongue is joining us next season. Outlooks Steve Nussbaum too, several regulars and we will have an ideas and strategy meeting soon.
Good on you for recognising that the guys that took over from Chris Hood just weren't up to it.
Tbf Ollie and Mike have left because they have a new venture that I am not at liberty to discuss atm, they did it differently to Chris and Tbf I would like each host to do very much their own thing ,so we get a varied show rather than the same old each week.
Last edited by The Orient Hour on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

AckneyAwks wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 pm Hi Andy. Just wanted to say i enjoyed your commentary and like others said you were a ringer for Brian Moore. Take that as a compliment!!
Cheers mate
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm
Tbf Ollie and Mike have left because they have a new venture that I am not at liberty to discuss atm, they did it differently to Chris and Tbf I would like each host to do very much their own thing ,so we get a varied show rather than the same old each week.
To be fair Chris was excellent and I looked forwards to the show each week. However, I lost that feeling with the new guys, didn’t particularly like their style or presentation and they basically ignored any questions off this board no matter how good the question was.

Hopefully it gets back to the previous high standards.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Thor wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 pm
Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:11 pm

To be fair Chris was excellent and I looked forwards to the show each week. However, I lost that feeling with the new guys, didn’t particularly like their style or presentation and they basically ignored any questions off this board no matter how good the question was.

Hopefully it gets back to the previous high standards.
Agreed with this. Also for the first few shows people were encouraged to send questions in, but it's clear they had no intention of asking them - which is fair enough if they didn't feel this fit in with what they wanted to do. But then don't waste people's time by asking them to send in questions. Very amateur.
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Chris was excellent ,but he now lives in Norwich ,he doesn't drive otherwise we would have been asking him back to do a show each month. We will definitely be involving questions from fans and hopefully providing a regular listen for O's fans. I will announce presenters as we get them.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

AckneyAwks wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 pm Hi Andy. Just wanted to say i enjoyed your commentary and like others said you were a ringer for Brian Moore. Take that as a compliment!!
Hear hear
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Andy Gilson wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm Chris was excellent ,but he now lives in Norwich ,he doesn't drive otherwise we would have been asking him back to do a show each month. We will definitely be involving questions from fans and hopefully providing a regular listen for O's fans. I will announce presenters as we get them.
How much you paying?
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Did you model your commentary on Brian Moore, Andy ?? You sounded just like him at times !!!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Are you still recording it in Zone 17?
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

You words will be missed
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm What's happened here? Why has Prestige Worldwide got such a problem with Andy Gilson?
Seems like jealousy to me. :)
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Cheshunto wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm Did you model your commentary on Brian Moore, Andy ?? You sounded just like him at times !!!
Why is it that no one has ever seen Brian Moore and Andy Gibson together in the same room at the same time?
grampus
Fresh Alias

Post by grampus »

Thanks for all you have done over the years Andy. I still remember watching the highlights of the 1989 promo season
on Video with your commentary.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Sorry to hear this, you're being very magnanimous. Hope this change though means there will be some commentary on the ozone highlights next season, as it's always felt a bit odd watching highlights without them.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Dear Mr. Gilson,

I have been a reader, albeit non-contributor, of Leyton Orient forums for a number of years; albeit without comment.

However, I have to say that your timing to out-pour your 'bleeding heart' is an utter disgrace.

There are far more important things for us supporters to grieve over this week than your demise from a tin-pot job.

With all due respect to Justin's family AND the wider Leyton Orient family, do us a favour.......give it a rest and maybe think more about others, rather than yourself!
grampus
Fresh Alias

Post by grampus »

NuneatonO's wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 am Dear Mr. Gilson,

I have been a reader, albeit non-contributor, of Leyton Orient forums for a number of years; albeit without comment.

However, I have to say that your timing to out-pour your 'bleeding heart' is an utter disgrace.

There are far more important things for us supporters to grieve over this week than your demise from a tin-pot job.

With all due respect to Justin's family AND the wider Leyton Orient family, do us a favour.......give it a rest and maybe think more about others, rather than yourself!

Andy did not start this thread, someone else did. Maybe have a go at them instead?
OrientSeb
Fresh Alias

Post by OrientSeb »

grampus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 am

Andy did not start this thread, someone else did. Maybe have a go at them instead?
Exactly my thoughts. Someone started this thread to have a pop at him, he was only defending himself.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

I guess everyone is entitled to their views..But give Andy some slack over this.Like has been mentioned he came here to defend himself.PW is the real culprit here...err unless you are him?? 😁
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Joins the board weeks ago then Wums ttm with their first post. At a time like this.

There are some oddballs out there, :(
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:36 pm What's happened here? Why has Prestige Worldwide got such a problem with Andy Gilson?
It's nothing personal its just his shtick. It's boring and most of us have leaned not to rise to the bait over the years, you'll get used to it.