Should Ross be Sacked?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Should Ross be Sacked Now or Later?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:57 pm

Ross should be sacked today
69%
Ross should be given till the end of the season
27%
Ross should not be sacked as he’s doing a good job
4%

Total votes: 84

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Should Ross be Sacked?

Post by Long slender neck »

Let's try a different formation before we get all sacky.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm Let's try a different formation before we get all sacky.
That has to be an order from above not a recommendation as it's clear Embleton won't change of his own accord. Whether Ling is part of the reason for that is up for debate.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm Let's try a different formation before we get all sacky.
That’s like putting a small sticking plaster on an arterial bleed, far to late he has to go and straight away.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The fact that in 90+ minutes we didnt have a single shot on target is appalling. Bradford were cack
Its a good job we have played around 65% of the games already, and have 39 points, because this is real relegation form
My forecast, on another thread, that we'll get 47 to 50 points is now looking ambitious
Ross must be replaced between now, and the end of the season
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm
That’s like putting a small sticking plaster on an arterial bleed, far to late he has to go and straight away.
We're top half, hardly bleeding out are we?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Still wrong wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:21 pm I think if the club has any ambition then another defeat on Saturday should be his last game.
Put one of the backroom staff in charge for the rest of the season.
If results still don’t improve then they will need to bring in someone from outside, that could mean a complete clearout.
I would be quite happy if Danny took over till the end of the season with Jobi as his no 2. See how they get on, if ok, then consider them for next season, if they dont cut the mustard, then look outside of our existing staff for a new man and then have a complete review of who to keep of the existing coaches, also consider as to if Martin Ling was to have a job at this club for next season.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 pm Ross is going to blame the ref in his post match isn’t he. If he does he needs to have a word with himself. It was a pen, we were given at least 5 free kicks just outside there box, yes, there was a marginal case for a pen on abrahams but 50/50 only. If he stands there blaming other people instead of himself tonight then he deserves it to be the beginning of the end or preferably just the end.
Is it the Refs fault that we have only scored 1 goal in 6?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 pm The fact that in 90+ minutes we didnt have a single shot on target is appalling. Bradford were cack
Its a good job we have played around 65% of the games already, and have 39 points, because this is real relegation form
My forecast, on another thread, that we'll get 47 to 50 points is now looking ambitious
Ross must be replaced between now, and the end of the season
Pregame you said we'd lose 4-0 and that Bradford are the most in form team so why are you suprised/disappointed?
LeytonstoneRed07
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonstoneRed07 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm
You'll be saying we're only 6 points from the playoffs next.
Before you reply we are also 6 points off being 21st.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

8 people have voted to give Ross until the end of the season. I just don't understand why anyone would feel this way. Many have said why they want Ross to go now but no-one has explained the rationale behind waiting for the season to end. Can someone please enlighten me - TIA.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Look, let’s get to the end of season. Make sure we don’t get relegated (which we won’t), then have a backroom clear out.

New season. Fans in the stadium. New coaching stuff. Conference team and backroom staff largely moved on. Onwards and upwards. I reckon those at the top are thinking like this too.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

BoniO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm 8 people have voted to give Ross until the end of the season. I just don't understand why anyone would feel this way. Many have said why they want Ross to go now but no-one has explained the rationale behind waiting for the season to end. Can someone please enlighten me - TIA.
Maybe because there's no option to give him a few more games but they don't think he should be sacked today
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 pm

You'll be saying we're only 6 points from the playoffs next.
Before you reply we are also 6 points off being 21st.
What is important about being 21st?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

BoniO wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm 8 people have voted to give Ross until the end of the season. I just don't understand why anyone would feel this way. Many have said why they want Ross to go now but no-one has explained the rationale behind waiting for the season to end. Can someone please enlighten me - TIA.
Because he should get a chance to change our tactics and we shouldn't sack people every time we have a rough patch. I hope he can change because he seems like a decent bloke. Playoffs was always just a dream, I am personally satisfied with year on year progression.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Huxley wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm Look, let’s get to the end of season. Make sure we don’t get relegated (which we won’t), then have a backroom clear out.

New season. Fans in the stadium. New coaching stuff. Conference team and backroom staff largely moved on. Onwards and upwards. I reckon those at the top are thinking like this too.
Why?
Ross will get a years salary if he’s fired.
By delaying you are adding another 3 months to that.
If someone like Senda takes over and the side improves then that will give people confidence for next season.
If he gets us in the playoffs (that will be title winning form) then we will probably win them.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

He hasn't really changed our tactics significantly recently. What makes you think he will do if given more chances?
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Still wrong wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:53 pm
Huxley wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm Look, let’s get to the end of season. Make sure we don’t get relegated (which we won’t), then have a backroom clear out.

Why?
If someone like Senda takes over and the side improves then that will give people confidence for next season.
If he gets us in the playoffs (that will be title winning form) then we will probably win them.
You have an oddly optimistic view on how well any of the current coaching staff could do.

This club needs a massive backroom overhaul. We need to accept that the Edinburgh era was, tragically, cut short. Let’s remember him, and his legacy, with the reverence it deserves. But for the club to move forward we need to reset. That includes binning Embleton and moving on Justin’s players who now has cushy coaching roles.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:53 pm He hasn't really changed our tactics significantly recently. What makes you think he will do if given more chances?
Why change your tactics after 3 draws? It has been boring as hell but I'm not sure he would see it that way or possibly care. Results may have to worsen before he changes it.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Huxley wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 pm
Still wrong wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:53 pm

Why?
You have an oddly optimistic view on how well any of the current coaching staff could do.

This club needs a massive backroom overhaul. We need to accept that the Edinburgh era was, tragically, cut short. Let’s remember him, and his legacy, with the reverence it deserves. But for the club to move forward we need to reset. That includes binning Embleton and moving on Justin’s players who now has cushy coaching roles.
Not really, but financially we are not going to ditch the whole back room staff.
Give Senda a go, he can’t do any worse.
If it’s still no improvement by the end of the end of the season then they may well have to bite the bullet.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:51 pm
Because he should get a chance to change our tactics and we shouldn't sack people every time we have a rough patch. I hope he can change because he seems like a decent bloke. Playoffs was always just a dream, I am personally satisfied with year on year progression.
He seems incapable of changing anything and what has being a decent bloke got to do with being a successful manager
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

A new manager now would have a chance to see who he wants to keep and who to get rid of.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Story of O wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 pm A new manager now would have a chance to see who he wants to keep and who to get rid of.
Spot on.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

I can’t see RE being sacked, bug I think he might be persuaded to come to a mutual agreement at the end of the season. I suspect that the board will more or less write this season off and then change things around in the summer. Because there’s a good chance that fans will be allowed back into games for next season, the question of season tickets becomes important again, if only because frankly who would want to pay to see more of the sort of crap we’ve had for the past 20 months? If Embleton is still in charge for next season then I imagine season tickets won’t exactly be flying off the shelves, and that matters to T&T.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No need to overreact. It was a crap game with few chances for both sides. One loss in four games.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

One goal in 6, no wins in 6