Moving Forward From This

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Moving Forward From This

Post by DuvB »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 am Its asking a lot of Jobi though. He's never managed anyone, never mind a newly promoted team who are completely broken. I'm not sure he'll want it, or necessarily has the skills necessary in a managerial capacity.
Agreed.

He may well be a manager in the future - but not for now. Ross and Danny have far more experience in management and I would bet on them being in charge jointly in the interim. If it goes OK, then they will remain.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:15 pm
Esteban wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Stowaway wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Christ.

Spen, your original post was spot on. Your last one was anything but.

Can it, please. Now.
Thanks.
Lest we forget, Spen was the one last week berating the club AND Justin's family for not providing more information on his condition. All to feed his own curiosity and bizarre sense of entitlement.

Now we know why they were so reluctant to release any information. Notice that we don't have a single shred of apology or regret from spen. Instead, he's trying to bicker with me about some totally fabricated perceived slight on "free speech" on a message board when all I did was politely ask another member to refrain from having a pop at other boarders for expressing a very valid, and widely shared opinion about the appropriateness of this topic.

Usually, his pedantry and desire to argue for the sake of it is an irritation. I even buy into the notion that it's good to have somebody who "challenges" on a board like this. However, at a time like this, his insistence on finding debate absolutely everywhere (despite the declaration that he didn't want that to happen in the initial post) really is going too far. I may get some (justified) flak on this board, but I appreciate the magnitude of the current situation and have altered my behavior accordingly.

It's clear to see that Spen truly is toxic.

Try actually reading the posts.

Someone is being bullied into silence by a poster who disagrees with their views and then proclaims that someone has the right of expression

A tad ironic is all I said.

I have no intention of apologising for pointing out the irony in a post someone has made when they demand silence for someone but also proclaim the right of free expression

Oh and BTW at no time did I call for the family or club to publish more information about JEs health.

I merely pointed out that when you issue a partial story it is natural for people to speculate.

Try to stop making false allegations. If you make such allegations then you must expect I will defend myself
You know what, if I get banned for this so be it:

Spen, go f*ck yourself. You are a complete and utter cretin.

1. I will point out again that last week YOU were berating the club and Justin’s family. Utterly disgraceful and you don’t have a shred of remorse for this

2. Your crusade for “free speech” is pathetic. I wasn’t bullying anybody, I simply asked, politely that the approach of telling people to get lost probably isn’t best at a time like this. You decided to launch off into some bizarre crusade for free speech.

3. I TWICE stated that I’m not interested in getting into this with you. But you still persisted

4. It’s obvious to anybody with half a brain that you’re eager for a row. If you’ve weren’t, you would have accepted my first comment about not wanting to argue over this. But you just couldn’t. You had to have a pop.

You’re a pathetic loser who goes around looking for arguments on social media, presumably to make yourself feel better. I see you spouting the same sh*t across multiple platforms. I would have thought at a time like this you would have given it a rest but no, you can’t.

Oh, and your little chum PW can do one as well. Pair of utter t*ssers. Sad old losers who thrive on message board arguments.

And before the mods ban me:

RIP Justin. Thank you for everything you did for our club. Taken far too soon from us but your legacy will live on.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

You guys above perhaps need to think about whether you are reacting to the loss and its coming out as anger.

I am not trying to intervene here more trying to pour oil on troubled waters. Its a difficult time for lots of people - his family, friends and the players especially.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

I knew from the outset what this thread would become how about the bosses do us all a favour and lock it
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

This is not the time for arguing. This isnt even the time for speculating about 'moving on'. this is the time for grieving, and thinking.
The future will take care of itself......but not yet
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Dont tell me what time it is.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:44 pm I knew from the outset what this thread would become how about the bosses do us all a favour and lock it
You're 100% right, lucky.

We've had our differences in the past but at least you have behaved appropriately. Spen (and to a lesser extent his buddy PW) is nothing more than a sh*t stirrer, and I'm willing to fall on my sword calling him out for who he is.

Sure, I'm low on public opinion on this board but I know that deep down I'm not the one in the wrong here. For once.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Jesus Christ. Absolutely astonishing that this should be necessary at a time like this, which you'd think should bring everyone together, but thread locked before this gets any worse.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I did think of locking this one earlier this morning but had hoped that some sense of decorum would prevail at this time - my bad as sadly, for Esteban and Spen, this appears to be too much to expect.

Both are now perma banned from here with immediate effect.

Neither PJ or I have any interest in shutting down respectful and sensible discussion about the future (albeit I personally think it's too early and raw) but descent into a slanging match is beyond the pale.

If further clarification / discussion on these bans is required, please do so direct with me via PM and not on the main board.

Thanks FTC