Moving Forward From This

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Moving Forward From This

Post by BIGRON »

I really think this shouldn't be even thought about till at least Justin has been laid to rest 😓😓
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

In agreement with Big Ron. Seriously guys, this aint the time.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

If you dont want to talk about it then stop reading the topic.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 am If you dont want to talk about it then stop reading the topic.
Could you please refrain from being argumentative.

People are free to express their opinion that it's too soon.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:32 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 am If you dont want to talk about it then stop reading the topic.

Ironic post
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Mikero wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:13 pm Lets all get the funeral out of the way and then start speculating shall we? It seems disrespectful to discuss replacements at the moment. I think this is what Spen was on about before people got the wrong end of it.

Mikero
Yes, you're quite right. I now regret answering this thread . Now is not the time.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Ironic post
Come on spen, let’s not start this now.

I actually thought that you approached this difficult subject very well. Your initial post was respectful and well measured.

I don’t think the “if you don’t like it go away” approach is needed at a time like this.

Some will be willing to talk about it, others won’t. All should have the right to express this without being told to get lost.
chris_orient
Fresh Alias

Post by chris_orient »

o-no wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 am I do agree that it is too early to be discussing this, but we should be mindful that people mourn in different ways and there will be point when some people do want to discuss this but for others it is still too soon.

I don't think one thread about the short term future is inconsiderate as long as it is respectful. If people choose not to take part or ignore it, that's fine as well.
That sums it up really well for me. I don't think anyone was being disrespectful in this thread. Although it does feel too soon for me personally, I do respect others' right to start looking forwards, however painful that might be. People will react and move forwards in their own personal way but, ultimately, we are all united in our grief for JE so we should put our differences aside at a time like this.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Look everyone is free to post what they like but what thean is saying is with in reason no talk about players new managers please we have all lost someone very close to our heart and we need to find a way to get over it so does everyone else on this board we will get there lets please lay tje great man to rest
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Although we DO have to look forward at some point, its definitely too soon right now. We at least need to wait until poor Justin is laid to rest.
Martin LIng probably has some idea what the club should do, but really, like the rest of us, is probably still coming to terms with what has happened.
I keep thinking I`m in a dream and will wake up...........sadly not, I know.
What this club has been through over the past 3-4 years is nothing short of a Rollercoaster...............Justin`s passing is so tragic but it does seem to have sparked some unity amongst the fans on here at least, who are all united in Grief.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:51 pm Although we DO have to look forward at some point, its definitely too soon right now. We at least need to wait until poor Justin is laid to rest.
Reading that just makes it hit home again 😢
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Ironic post

I actually thought that you approached this difficult subject very well. Your initial post was respectful and well measured.

I don’t think the “if you don’t like it go away” approach is needed at a time like this.

Some will be willing to talk about it, others won’t. All should have the right to express this without being told to get lost.

The irony of your post clearly escapes you.

You are telling someone what they can post then proclaiming people are free to express their opinion.

Obviously only free to express their opinion if you approve of that opinion

Freedom to express opinions means exactly what it says

Don't give it the "Come on Down" approach when you are buying someone about what you want them to post or refrain from posting.

Have a look at your first post...
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

f*** this board if every thread is going to descend into arguments, at this time. Dont need it.

Sort yourselves out.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Ironic post

You are telling someone what they can post then proclaiming people are free to express their opinion.

Don't give it the "Come on Down" approach when you are buying someone about what you want them to post or refrain from posting.

Really not interested in getting into a bickering match with you on this topic.

Now is not the time, nor the place. Appreciate that I'm not the most popular character on this message board, but even I am willing to reign it in at a time like this.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm f*** this board if every thread is going to descend into arguments, at this time. Dont need it.

Sort yourselves out.
Well said.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

We should NOT be squabbling amongst ourselves at this time.
That’s All.
Midas
Fresh Alias

Post by Midas »

Agree with the many others on here who feel that it is far too soon to be talking about this.

At least let the great mans seat go cold before nattering about who is going to fill it.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Ironic post

Christ.

Spen, your original post was spot on. Your last one was anything but.

Can it, please. Now.
Thanks.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Stowaway wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Christ.

Can it, please. Now.
Thanks.
Lest we forget, Spen was the one last week berating the club AND Justin's family for not providing more information on his condition. All to feed his own curiosity and bizarre sense of entitlement.

Now we know why they were so reluctant to release any information. Notice that we don't have a single shred of apology or regret from spen. Instead, he's trying to bicker with me about some totally fabricated perceived slight on "free speech" on a message board when all I did was politely ask another member to refrain from having a pop at other boarders for expressing a very valid, and widely shared opinion about the appropriateness of this topic.

Usually, his pedantry and desire to argue for the sake of it is an irritation. I even buy into the notion that it's good to have somebody who "challenges" on a board like this. However, at a time like this, his insistence on finding debate absolutely everywhere (despite the declaration that he didn't want that to happen in the initial post) really is going too far. I may get some (justified) flak on this board, but I appreciate the magnitude of the current situation and have altered my behavior accordingly.

It's clear to see that Spen truly is toxic.
E3Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by E3Orient »

Please, please will you both then call a truce this is not the time or place.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

E3Orient wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:06 pm Please, please will you both then call a truce this is not the time or place.
I've explicitly stated TWICE that I have no interest in arguing over this. There is only one party who is clearly intent on having a row.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:52 pm
Stowaway wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Christ.

Can it, please. Now.
Thanks.
Lest we forget, Spen was the one last week berating the club AND Justin's family for not providing more information on his condition. All to feed his own curiosity and bizarre sense of entitlement.

Now we know why they were so reluctant to release any information. Notice that we don't have a single shred of apology or regret from spen. Instead, he's trying to bicker with me about some totally fabricated perceived slight on "free speech" on a message board when all I did was politely ask another member to refrain from having a pop at other boarders for expressing a very valid, and widely shared opinion about the appropriateness of this topic.

Usually, his pedantry and desire to argue for the sake of it is an irritation. I even buy into the notion that it's good to have somebody who "challenges" on a board like this. However, at a time like this, his insistence on finding debate absolutely everywhere (despite the declaration that he didn't want that to happen in the initial post) really is going too far. I may get some (justified) flak on this board, but I appreciate the magnitude of the current situation and have altered my behavior accordingly.

It's clear to see that Spen truly is toxic.

Try actually reading the posts.

Someone is being bullied into silence by a poster who disagrees with their views and then proclaims that someone has the right of expression

A tad ironic is all I said.

I have no intention of apologising for pointing out the irony in a post someone has made when they demand silence for someone but also proclaim the right of free expression

Oh and BTW at no time did I call for the family or club to publish more information about JEs health.

I merely pointed out that when you issue a partial story it is natural for people to speculate.

Try to stop making false allegations. If you make such allegations then you must expect I will defend myself
Blackadder
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder »

For crying out loud you two, give a rest with all the bickering and points scoring, we have just lost a fantastic man, friend and
manager of this club, to see you both squabbling over who's right or wrong over something so insignificant at this time puts the
two of you in to perspective.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Esteban wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 pm
E3Orient wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:06 pm Please, please will you both then call a truce this is not the time or place.
I've explicitly stated TWICE that I have no interest in arguing over this. There is only one party who is clearly intent on having a row.
For someone with no interest in an argument you must be disappointed to have created one.

Anyone interested in discussing 'moving forward' is free to do so and anyone definitely not interested but still opening and reading the topic about it is free to protest it.
Last edited by Long slender neck on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

Is this really the time for this? Very sad and unneccessary. The club is in mourning and so should we.