Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ornchurch »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:07 pm
Ornchurch wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:04 pm Got my letter last Thursday week advising that I could book an appointment as I have a medical condition and have been shielding. Booked a local appointment for Monday. Turned up a couple of minutes before appointment and in and out within 10 minutes. Had the AstraZeneca. No complaints from me.
You got a letter rather than a text?
Yep. Advising me to go on web and book appointment. Either that or wait for GP to contact me. No brainer.

I would say that my updates over the last year have been about 70% post and 30% text.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:42 pm Covid is carried silently by 1 in 3 apparantly. TB is silent in greater than 99 out of 100, fortunately.

Thankfully the government will not start testing for all known diseases or we will forever be lockdowned.

Bristol University estimated that at least 560,000 additional deaths will be due to our response to covid.

Only 88% of beds are filled in hospitals as at the beginning of the week against 96% for this time last year. Number of beds used for covid patients is under 20,000.

Percentage positive today is 1.8%.

There has now been over 4000 mutations of the virus. It has been put forward that lockdowns have exaggerated this number.

All I can say is that people are suffering from significantly greater mental health issues, as I see in practice. 75% of paediatric cases are now mental health issues against 5% normally. Thereis enormous concern over the effects on babies and children, especially the 12-24 months and those during there GCSEs this year.

Economic effects increase suicides and depression and will really hit when furlough ends. Suicides are already significantly higher than normal.

The government have let the scientists take over. Non of those advising us have had significant changes to there lives and have no understanding as to what is happening within the population other than there mathematical models and nhs/ons statistics. Unfortunately the opposition parties are also in this bubble.
What’s the answer, stills?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Had my Oxford jab at midday, suffering now , flu symptoms , back ache and shivering although the heatings on , off to bed to try and sleep it off ☹☹
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Sounds like shops were particularly busy today. We are nearly there, hope the kids go back to school as scheduled and the vaccine keeps a lid on new cases as we enter spring.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:38 pm Sounds like shops were particularly busy today.
Great.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:22 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:42 pm Covid is carried silently by 1 in 3 apparantly. TB is silent in greater than 99 out of 100, fortunately.

Thankfully the government will not start testing for all known diseases or we will forever be lockdowned.

Bristol University estimated that at least 560,000 additional deaths will be due to our response to covid.

Only 88% of beds are filled in hospitals as at the beginning of the week against 96% for this time last year. Number of beds used for covid patients is under 20,000.

There has now been over 4000 mutations of the virus. It has been put forward that lockdowns have exaggerated this number.

All I can say is that people are suffering from significantly greater mental health issues, as I see in practice. 75% of paediatric cases are now mental health issues against 5% normally. Thereis enormous concern over the effects on babies and children, especially the 12-24 months and those during there GCSEs this year.

Economic effects increase suicides and depression and will really hit when furlough ends. Suicides are already significantly higher than normal.

The government have let the scientists take over. Non of those advising us have had significant changes to there lives and have no understanding as to what is happening within the population other than there mathematical models and nhs/ons statistics. Unfortunately the opposition parties are also in this bubble.
What’s the answer, stills?
A much broader based parliament and SAGE group. Neither of which will happen in the near future.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Oiram wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Where did you copy and paste this rubbish from?
After you said ‘apparently ‘ in the first line , it sounded rubbish but I persevered. Load of poppycock!
With covid it is a guess, with TB it is not.

This information has come from the nhs, ons and various professors of epidemiology and virology. Also from psychologists. And I do see some of this in my everyday work.

Poppycock? You are not reading or listening widely enough.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:27 am

After you said ‘apparently ‘ in the first line , it sounded rubbish but I persevered. Load of poppycock!

This information has come from the nhs, ons and various professors of epidemiology and virology. Also from psychologists. And I do see some of this in my everyday work.

So did you copy and paste it?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Without giving any credence to any of this, can you supply a link to the "additional 560,000 deaths" due to our response to Covid. That looks absurd.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Oiram wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:31 am

No.

But don't worry I will not bother in future.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:52 am
Oiram wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:31 am

No.

But don't worry I will not bother in future.
Only asking. Please continue to post. Readers can decide the authenticity?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:24 pm Not liking all the vaccine envy in hearing, be patient your turn will come.
I’m young and healthy, my comment wasn’t about me.
I’m glad you are young and healthy, in the group unlikely to end up in hospital. But the impact on some young and healthy can be bad. 1 in 10 suffering from long Covid and that can be quite debilitating for some. And not very pleasant.

The death and hospitalisation statistics don’t show the whole picture by a long way. It’s an evil virus. Stay safe.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

In Harlow they started on 65+ last Saturday. My wife rec'd a call the day before (5th), we told our friends and lo behold they all called, got appts and were done.

Great to hear you guys getting the jab. Am hopeful of getting to the ground at some point this season
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Would be nice, but I doubt it.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Harlow wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm In Harlow they started on 65+ last Saturday. My wife rec'd a call the day before (5th), we told our friends and lo behold they all called, got appts and were done.

Great to hear you guys getting the jab. Am hopeful of getting to the ground at some point this season
The news talks about the 65+ getting offers for the vaccine starting Monday. My wife who is in this group had hers last week. I suspect some areas are less interested in timeframes and more interest in getting the job done. Good news all round. The people are doing a great job.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Sorry olds, find someone else to blame
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56072460
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Exactly, the unions and teachers are letting down the children.

Last week when we had the snow my kids both have on line classes cameras and mics on all day, with the teacher present and classmates too, it’s supposed to help in the learning that they can see and hear each other. Anyway once it’s finished we get the snow boards and sledges out and heed to the big hills. I said to my wife why didn’t we ask our son if his friends wanted to come? Reply was they’ve already been this morning so I asked what about school, oh they don’t do online they have work sent home to be completed and sent back. Wow what a difference between schools all at the same age groups as well.

Get the kids back to school, get team sports back as well and let’s get life moving once more.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 pm Sorry olds, find someone else to blame
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56072460
I thought in the case of schools it was Labour and the teaching unions doing the blaming, not the olds?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:43 pm Exactly, the unions and teachers are letting down the children.

Last week when we had the snow my kids both have on line classes cameras and mics on all day, with the teacher present and classmates too, it’s supposed to help in the learning that they can see and hear each other. Anyway once it’s finished we get the snow boards and sledges out and heed to the big hills. I said to my wife why didn’t we ask our son if his friends wanted to come? Reply was they’ve already been this morning so I asked what about school, oh they don’t do online they have work sent home to be completed and sent back. Wow what a difference between schools all at the same age groups as well.

Get the kids back to school, get team sports back as well and let’s get life moving once more.
The other side of life is death. If one moves so does the other. Why do you want the Tories to murder another 120k people?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The confusion is mind-bottling.

One minute he’s telling everyone to stay safe, the next he’s demanding the schools are opened back up and we can get everything spreading round again.

Mind-bottling.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Look at the report sage has released today, look at what was released towards the back end of last week. Both reports said kids are not the vectors of transmission. So are sage and the other scientists lying?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://neu.org.uk/press-releases/sage- ... se-schools

On December 22 SAGE told Government to close schools

What changed there minds ?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

You tell me Tuffers, did they lie previously or are they lying now?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

I wouldnt make any such claims about Sage Thorbyn .

Maybe the Government are just spinning the view ?

Its more likely than scientists
Lying or not lying , after all
Science is based on FACTS !
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

And still the lies persist. How many have been certified as dying of covid and never actually had it? The government lies more with each passing day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-masthead