Sam Ling

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Re: Sam Ling

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Well done Sam. You had one decent game :roll:
George wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 pm I am not a fan of Sam and this constant criticism of him is becoming a little akin to bullying now and should stop. I think that it is difficult to criticise individuals when the whole team is not playing well. Even Jobi looks a bad player in this team currently. We don’t look like scoring or creating any chances , so on that point alone it will be difficult for us to win.
We are not just losing because of poor defending. We are not winning because we can’t score.
He’s been sh*t for years, nothing to do with ‘this team’
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:31 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 pm Definitely his best game for us in ages, possibly ever.

Only made 1 mistake all game (leading to the penalty). Even got forward and put in a decent cross at one point.
That is it in a nutshell, if he plays well and earns his place on merit, well done Sam, but what annoys people is when certain players under-perform and get dropped where other players under-perform match after match and get picked match after match. Apparently Sam played well tonight, well thats good, let us hope he does the same from now on in most of the matches he plays in, if so, then his place in the team will not come under such close scrutiny as it does at present.
If the ABUSERS stop blaming him for goals because the ball came within 5 yards of him,
Then maybe we can discuss a Bad Performance by ling junior ,

As long as we can criticise the others who had bad performances as well &
Not push there mistakes onto Sam Ling , like they did on Saturday
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm Well done Sam. You had one decent game :roll:
George wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:57 pm I am not a fan of Sam and this constant criticism of him is becoming a little akin to bullying now and should stop. I think that it is difficult to criticise individuals when the whole team is not playing well. Even Jobi looks a bad player in this team currently. We don’t look like scoring or creating any chances , so on that point alone it will be difficult for us to win.
We are not just losing because of poor defending. We are not winning because we can’t score.
BM, Once an idiot always an idiot .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:53 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:18 pm Definitely his best game for us in ages, possibly ever.

Only made 1 mistake all game (leading to the penalty). Even got forward and put in a decent cross at one point.
That is it in a nutshell, if he plays well and earns his place on merit, well done Sam, but what annoys people is when certain players under-perform and get dropped where other players under-perform match after match and get picked match after match. Apparently Sam played well tonight, well thats good, let us hope he does the same from now on in most of the matches he plays in, if so, then his place in the team will not come under such close scrutiny as it does at present.
If the ABUSERS keep blaming him for goals because the ball came within 5 yards of him,

I agree that on Saturday the picking out of Sam Ling on this forum by some as the main reason for the goals conceded was not valid or fair.
On the other hand in some games this season and last season, his performances have been very poor indeed. I notice also that after Myles Judds first game for Barnet in which he was sent off for a deliberate handball offence, Myles has since played two full games playing in the midfield for Barnet without being substituted. No sign now then of the alleged hamstring problems ?
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:02 pm

If the ABUSERS keep blaming him for goals because the ball came within 5 yards of him,

I agree that on Saturday the picking out of Sam Ling on this forum by some as the main reason for the goals conceded was not valid.
On the other hand in some games his performances have been very poor indeed. I notice also the since Judds first game for Barnet in which he was sent off for a deliberate handball offence, Myles has since played two full games playing in the midfield for Barnet without being substituted. No sign now then of the alleged hamstring problems ?
Juddy played in his normal right back position
More of a wing back , Judd played his 4th game tonight

Barnet lost 2-1 , He is yet to be on the winning side .
Hope it works out well for him eventually , wherever that maybe.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

soloman wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:57 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm Well done Sam. You had one decent game :roll:
BM, Once an idiot always an idiot .
No idea who you are. Another happy clapper by the looks of it
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

My only criticism of Sam tonight was him not taking long throws when the opportunity was there 🤔🤔
Last edited by BIGRON on Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 pm My only criticism of Sam tonight was him not taking long throws when the opportunity was there are 🤔🤔
I've noticed that of late, l guess the coaches have decided the long throw is not productive. I still think it's better than throwing to Wilkinson who usually wants to take on the entire defence, twice, before being bundled off the ball.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

His long throw isn’t actually that long.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Milano wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:19 pm
BIGRON wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:01 pm My only criticism of Sam tonight was him not taking long throws when the opportunity was there are 🤔🤔
I've noticed that of late, l guess the coaches have decided the long throw is not productive. I still think it's better than throwing to Wilkinson who usually wants to take on the entire defence, twice, before being bundled off the ball.
It's decent enough .

1st O's goal came from it

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:52 pm
It's decent enough .

:lol:

Lings defending for both of their goals. Oh, tuffens!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:01 am
It's decent enough .

Ling creates 2 goals in a vital win that helped us gain promotion &
Become CHAMPIONS .

Oh FRANKFURTER always with HATE in your HEART !!
😁
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 am

It's decent enough .

Become CHAMPIONS .

😁
But as you wrote to me a short while ago.....Its called freedom of speech !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:28 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 am

Become CHAMPIONS .

😁
But as you wrote to me a short while ago.....Its called freedom of speech !
Have i tried to Stop the HATER from Speaking Sid ?

NO of course I haven't
😜

All i am doing is showing everybody else , he only looks
For what lets him HATE , NEVER looks for the GOOD .

As is proved by this statement
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:26 pm Goal disallowed for a push by Wilko - great interplay, great delivery, great header. Shame.

Didnt mention Sam Ling by name , cant bring himself to show
some LOVE to the Guy , can only show HATE .

😁
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:02 pm

I agree that on Saturday the picking out of Sam Ling on this forum by some as the main reason for the goals conceded was not valid or fair.
On the other hand in some games this season and last season, his performances have been very poor indeed. I notice also that after Myles Judds first game for Barnet in which he was sent off for a deliberate handball offence, Myles has since played two full games playing in the midfield for Barnet without being substituted. No sign now then of the alleged hamstring problems ?
Only some games he has been poor I don’t think so. He is no better than a average National league player. Ok he played much better last night but let’s not get carried away.
Bobby dazzla
Fresh Alias

Post by Bobby dazzla »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:39 pm
Story of O wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm Embleton has always said it is good to have competition for places, well we have that for every position bar one.
It's like Christmas day again
They are all biting
Just needed Poundhill for the full set
😁

I would say the sugary afternoon snack with a cup of tea as well
but I dont think he is worth wasting any time on .
This guys clearly a troll and has no clue about football, wouldn't bother giving him the satisfaction he's entitled to his opinion. And yes I can see the mistakes juddy made the penalty was a bit harsh because the ball was volleyed at his hand and baronets back 4 haven't gelled looking at it that being said if he was making all these mistakes why hasn't the manager sent him back why was contract extended? Any way enjoy ur tea and biscuits.
I think we need to strive higher if we wanna reach a play off spot in league 2. Maybe put Sam on loan back akinola at least we won a few also maybe a new striker as goals have been lacking recently.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Huxley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:21 am The idea that professional footballers give a flying f*ck about what what fans write on a message, let alone are actually impacted by what is said, is laughable.

Pros don’t give a sh*t about what me or you has to say. Some fans really do have a deluded idea of how important their opinion is
A rather sweeping generalisation. I know of numerous footballers of different standards who very much cared. I have spoken to several as well. You only have to listen to some of the ‘Orient Hour ‘ shows to hear they do.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Bobby dazzla wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:10 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:39 pm
Story of O wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm Embleton has always said it is good to have competition for places, well we have that for every position bar one.
It's like Christmas day again
They are all biting
Just needed Poundhill for the full set
😁

I would say the sugary afternoon snack with a cup of tea as well
but I dont think he is worth wasting any time on .
This guys clearly a troll and has no clue about football, wouldn't bother giving him the satisfaction he's entitled to his opinion. And yes I can see the mistakes juddy made the penalty was a bit harsh because the ball was volleyed at his hand and baronets back 4 haven't gelled looking at it that being said if he was making all these mistakes why hasn't the manager sent him back why was contract extended? Any way enjoy ur tea and biscuits.
I think we need to strive higher if we wanna reach a play off spot in league 2. Maybe put Sam on loan back akinola at least we won a few also maybe a new striker as goals have been lacking recently.
Rather sad bringing this thread back to page 1.

I think youll find Ling has been involved in more wins at right back this season than
Akinola has at right back .

I wont discuss the Barnet Player any further .
If he Puts an LOFC shirt on again then i can discuss him again.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Might be because he has played a lot more times at right back. Bit like saying Johnson has won more games than Angol at centre forward
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Story of O wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:37 am Might be because he has played a lot more times at right back. Bit like saying Johnson has won more games than Angol at centre forward
Rubbush !

He said put ling on loan & back Akinola .

Why would we put Akinola in at RB & play him out of position .
When he has played perfectly well at CB

He is a Centre Back , who can play at right back .
Does that mean because Glenn Hoddle went in Goal for Spurs.9 times
In his career, He should have been the Spuds Starting Keeper ?

Of course it doesnt !!
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Ffs, guaranteed Samling won't play well tomorrow. Sort it out!
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Listening to Embletons interview, he would not have played against Carlisle and was doubtful for Harrogate.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Good news about the postponement then. Gives our first choice right back time to get match fit again
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Only choice right back
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Oiram wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:15 am
Huxley wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:21 am The idea that professional footballers give a flying f*ck about what what fans write on a message, let alone are actually impacted by what is said, is laughable.

Pros don’t give a sh*t about what me or you has to say. Some fans really do have a deluded idea of how important their opinion is
A rather sweeping generalisation. I know of numerous footballers of different standards who very much cared. I have spoken to several as well. You only have to listen to some of the ‘Orient Hour ‘ shows to hear they do.
The imaginary made up footballers that you know don’t count. When are you going to start posting under your Lucky7 account again?