Nicky Butt Arested

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Nicky Butt Arested

Post by Thor »

Nicky Butt has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an alleged domestic incident against a women this afternoon and remains in custody waiting to be interviewed by Police.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Nicky Butt Arested

Post by Sid Bishop »

Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes, both in the news today for the wrong reasons, both directors of Salford City !!
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Hi Sid me old mate and welcome back!
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 pm Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes, both in the news today for the wrong reasons, both directors of Salford City !!
All we need now is Beck's and Giggs to surface again, lock your wives in doors lads
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 pm Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes, both in the news today for the wrong reasons, both directors of Salford City !!
Sid really is back 🤣

What happened to you picking Dennis Rofe?
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

The whole Man Utd team should be arrested after last night.Criminal.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am The whole Man Utd team should be arrested after last night.Criminal.
Nah. That game was always going to be Messi.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:02 am
Sid really is back 🤣

What happened to you picking Dennis Rofe?
I am Dennis Rofe on the other Leyton Orient forum.
Who were you before on the previous forum ?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 am Hi Sid me old mate and welcome back!
Well after all the kind messages I received ( Yourself included ) I thought.......why not !!
But I won't be around so much with the Spring and Summer around, I need to get out and away from this desktop and do some much needed work outside on my house, garden, car etc and also help friends etc with jobs where they need some help.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 am Hi Sid me old mate and welcome back!
Well after all the kind messages I received ( Yourself included ) I thought.......why not !!
But I won't be around so much with the Spring and Summer around, I need to get out and away from this desktop and do some much needed work outside on my house, garden, car etc and also help friends etc with jobs where they need some help.
Nice one young Sid. :)
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm
Thanks for your recent messages. I would give this one a like...but no option for that as of yet, perhaps the Forum team may add that feature later ?
Now the exciting endgame is about to happen, just wish we had strengthened the midfield area when we had the chance to, if that had happened, then promotion may well have already been secured. We have had such bad luck with injuries and suspensions at vital and important times, everytime we have got our nose in front, then something has come along to push us back again !! Oh well. let us see what happens and hope for the best !!
All to play for now and as the famous line in the poem "Vitaï Lampada" ( Henry Newbolt ) goes '' "Play up! play up! and play the game !"
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Yup should be clear now.This is just too tight.Just hope some team does us a favour.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Thanks for your recent messages. I would give this one a like...but no option for that as of yet, perhaps the Forum team may add that feature later ?
Now the exciting endgame is about to happen, just wish we had strengthened the midfield area when we had the chance to, if that had happened, then promotion may well have already been secured. We have had such bad luck with injuries and suspensions at vital and important times, everytime we have got our nose in front, then something has come along to push us back again !! Oh well. let us see what happens and hope for the best !!
All to play for now and as the famous line in the poem "Vitaï Lampada" ( Henry Newbolt ) goes '' "Play up! play up! and play the game !"
@Sid
👍
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Over to you ‘arry to explain why the club did not do as Sid said.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Butt has not been suspended from his role even though he’s been charged. Is that the right thing to do? He’s still to be proven guilty so he should keep his job shouldn’t he? Or at least it should not be determined until a court determines if he’s innocent of guilty.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Thor wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:49 am Butt has not been suspended from his role even though he’s been charged. Is that the right thing to do? He’s still to be proven guilty so he should keep his job shouldn’t he? Or at least it should not be determined until a court determines if he’s innocent of guilty.

An English court never decides if some one is innocent of guilty (whatever that means)

A defendant is never found innocent in English Law. The verdict is Not Guilty, that is a different thing to being found to be innocent. You could for example be found Not Guilty of an offence, but still be found to be liable in a related civil claim.....( OJ Simpson cases - albeit in the USA are examples of this. He was found Not Guilty of Murder in a Criminal Court, but found liable in a civil claim)

Even if Butt is found guilty of an offence related ot the incident he was arrested for, what has that got to do with his role at Salford. The criminal court will punish him for any offence he is convicted of. There is no reason for him to lose any other role unconnected with the offence
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Disoriented wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 am
Over to you ‘arry to explain why the club did not do as Sid said.
Clay came in for a lot of heavy treatment against Sutton last saturday, hope that he is fit and able in these last three crucial games. Yes it is all rather baffling as to why the problem area of central midfield has not been fully addressed by now. Surely long enough now for this problem position to have been sorted ?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

spen666 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:09 am
Thor wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:49 am Butt has not been suspended from his role even though he’s been charged. Is that the right thing to do? He’s still to be proven guilty so he should keep his job shouldn’t he? Or at least it should not be determined until a court determines if he’s innocent of guilty.

An English court never decides if some one is innocent of guilty (whatever that means)

A defendant is never found innocent in English Law. The verdict is Not Guilty, that is a different thing to being found to be innocent. You could for example be found Not Guilty of an offence, but still be found to be liable in a related civil claim.....( OJ Simpson cases - albeit in the USA are examples of this. He was found Not Guilty of Murder in a Criminal Court, but found liable in a civil claim)

Even if Butt is found guilty of an offence related ot the incident he was arrested for, what has that got to do with his role at Salford. The criminal court will punish him for any offence he is convicted of. There is no reason for him to lose any other role unconnected with the offence
His role at Man Utd is head of the academy so yes it probably should have a bearing on he's suitability to be in charge of children.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Thor wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:48 am ....

His role at Man Utd is head of the academy so yes it probably should have a bearing on he's suitability to be in charge of children.

Why?

Firstly, as head of Academy is he actually involved with the kids ie coaching etc or is it a head as in running the business.

Secondly and most importantly there is no suggestion this allegation has anything to do with children. It is alleged to be a domestic incident.

The simple fact someone has committed an offence is not on its own good reason to dismiss someone from their unrelated role