Weirder and Weirder

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Weirder and Weirder

Post by Oiram »

Can anyone explain this board’s apparent obsession with ‘Aliases?’ Does it matter anyway?
I personally do not care if someone is posting under different names, I am more interested or concerned as to the content of the post than being paranoid about individual themselves.

It seems that the situation is so confusing now that people who serve the board well like
Andy Gilson, are often embroiled in this nonsense and falsely accused of being ‘other people’. Andy and his back up Team provide some great entertainment with his Music Show and Orient Hour and I cannot understand why he is often vilified.

I personally would like to confirm that I have one account here, do not knowingly know anyone who posts here and my sole aim here,is to keep up to date with Leyton Orient news, some general current affairs and read some tasteful banter during this miserable lockdown. Life is too short for unpleasantness for sure.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Re: Weirder and Weirder

Post by EastDerehamO »

Agree.

Same here, one login, know no one else on the board, let’s all keep it civil, lively debate is fine, downright insults isn’t – we have one common hope which binds us after all, wanting to see the O’s do well!
Last edited by EastDerehamO on Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

It's a bit odd, especially when people who are new insist they only have one account but seem to know quite a lot about others on here.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Having seen apparently sane people engage in heated debates with themselves, I'd say it was very weird behaviour.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

If you don't post using your real name are you not an alias anyway?
Father Ted Crilly
Fresh Alias

Post by Father Ted Crilly »

Admin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am Having seen apparently sane people engage in heated debates with themselves, I'd say it was very weird behaviour.
I agree.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Story of O wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am If you don't post using your real name are you not an alias anyway?
Yes, kind of.

But some people have multiple aliases and create these whole worlds around their characters. Stories of being, I don’t know, landlords, tat emporium owners, retired business people. Usually successful and wealthy, although sometimes they go for the down and out, or the taxi cab or lorry driver. The clue to spotting them is they’re too sharey. Real people don’t divulge that much info to make themselves believable.

They then use that character to spout their right wing drivel.

It’s really weird.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Can you share your list of likely suspects, Honky Tonk? I don’t think any of them are ‘him’, apart from the obvious one.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Is Oiram OCW?
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:14 am
Story of O wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am If you don't post using your real name are you not an alias anyway?
Yes, kind of.

But some people have multiple aliases and create these whole worlds around their characters. Stories of being, I don’t know, landlords, tat emporium owners, retired business people. Usually successful and wealthy, although sometimes they go for the down and out, or the taxi cab or lorry driver. The clue to spotting them is they’re too sharey. Real people don’t divulge that much info to make themselves believable.

It’s really weird.
Some people like me have nothing to hide, do not lead a cloak and dagger existence.
Bob R Smillie
Fresh Alias

Post by Bob R Smillie »

Father Ted Crilly wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:31 am
Admin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 am Having seen apparently sane people engage in heated debates with themselves, I'd say it was very weird behaviour.
I agree.
I concur. :lol:
Tent Keague
Fresh Alias

Post by Tent Keague »

Oiram wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:12 am Can anyone explain this board’s apparent obsession with ‘Aliases?’ Does it matter anyway?
I personally do not care if someone is posting under different names, I am more interested or concerned as to the content of the post than being paranoid about individual themselves.

It seems that the situation is so confusing now that people who serve the board well like
Andy Gilson, are often embroiled in this nonsense and falsely accused of being ‘other people’. Andy and his back up Team provide some great entertainment with his Music Show and Orient Hour and I cannot understand why he is often vilified.

I personally would like to confirm that I have one account here, do not knowingly know anyone who posts here and my sole aim here,is to keep up to date with Leyton Orient news, some general current affairs and read some tasteful banter during this miserable lockdown. Life is too short for unpleasantness for sure.
Hi Doug
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Tent Keague wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:02 pm
Oiram wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:12 am Can anyone explain this board’s apparent obsession with ‘Aliases?’ Does it matter anyway?

Hi Doug
?
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Mario:- You are not totally stupid. You know enough to realise that when someone uses an alias, to a certain extent they are anonymous. They criticise others in a way they would never, ever do in a face to face situation. Some on here are down-right abusive. These are people I am very very scornful of. It is totally obnoxious to wind up others, often badly, & not have the b-llox to own up who they are. Even some of the " funnier " characters like Max can be abusive. I wish they would be men and own up who they are, instead of being snivelling little wimps. You claimed your b-llox drag on the floor on a previous thread. I think you must therefore have worn them out. Sorry mate, you are a loser on a Trump like scale. With all my posting using a genuine name. I am traceable. What about you?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Being abusive is part of the Max character you moron. Its a character.

Putting "funnier" in parenthesis is just ridiculous. You are a matter of one post away from being added to my extensive foe list. Now, get a grip.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re:

Post by Oiram »

Clive Evans wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:23 pm Mario:- You are not totally stupid. You know enough to realise that when someone uses an alias, to a certain extent they are anonymous. They criticise others in a way they would never, ever do in a face to face situation. Some on here are down-right abusive. These are people I am very very scornful of. It is totally obnoxious to wind up others, often badly, & not have the b-llox to own up who they are. Even some of the " funnier " characters like Max can be abusive. I wish they would be men and own up who they are, instead of being snivelling little wimps. You claimed your b-llox drag on the floor on a previous thread. I think you must therefore have worn them out. Sorry mate, you are a loser on a Trump like scale. With all my posting using a genuine name. I am traceable. What about you?
Ask Prestige World Wide, he knows I’ve only got one account. I have nothing to hide like I said. I do not understand why some give so much abuse to people like Andy Gilson who just seems to be a useful, honest individual with a lot of contribution. I feel probably a touch of envy creeps in as they wish they had his talent and ability. Think is about Prestige World Wide , he is consistent and does not lower his standards. He remains ‘The Gamekeeper’ without trying to mix up with the ‘Poachers’.

You seem a little bit sensitive at times but I admire your consistency and indefatigable stance and principals.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Yes, kind of.

It’s really weird.
I've always that it was a little odd that a big shot businessman like Moira would spend practically every waking hour on this board. Of course, he could be paying some of his employees to post on his behalf while he cliches another mult-million pound deal
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm Being abusive is part of the Max character you moron. Its a character.

Putting "funnier" in parenthesis is just ridiculous. You are a matter of one post away from being added to my extensive foe list. Now, get a grip.
I can confirm that this is true. The boarder behind the Max B Gold alias is a warm, funny guy, despite being an Estate Agent.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dunners wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:40 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm Being abusive is part of the Max character you moron. Its a character.

I can confirm that this is true. The boarder behind the Max B Gold alias is a warm, funny guy, despite being an Estate Agent.
And a taxi driver at the weekends right?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Nah, that part of the alias persona. He does run a fleet of limousines though.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The Gilso reference is too obvious. Wum.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Boarders should be made to fess up who they really are ,tortured if need be !
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Can I do the torturing........................please!!!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Celtient wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:29 pm
Yes, kind of.

It’s really weird.
I've always that it was a little odd that a big shot businessman like Moira would spend practically every waking hour on this board. Of course, he could be paying some of his employees to post on his behalf while he cliches another mult-million pound deal
He owns property, he doesn't have to do anything, put your feet up and watch the rent flow in.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:42 pm
Dunners wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:40 pm

And a taxi driver at the weekends right?
Not worked since 27 December. Nicholas orders.

She isnt someone you want to disobey or you could be framed and end up in the High Court in Edinburgh facing ludicrous and trumped up charges.