Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Max B Gold »

George wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:22 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:50 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:43 pm

There's no way we could have prevented 100,00 deaths and a trashed economy?
Leave it mate. He wants the deaths because he believes we are over populated.
If you put too many chickens in a battery unit , sooner or later a virus will emerge , spread quickly , and wipe the weak out. I don’t care if you don’t believe the problems overpopulation brings. The evidence has been there long enough.
You better believe it. I visited a battery chicken shed once. Farkin' proper reekin' it was. Dead chooks dotted around all over the shop.

Its a good thing we have decided to control the population by killing them every 42 days and introducing their viruses into the human food chain. That way the human population can also be controlled or eliminated, as you say, in Georgespeak.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

😂 let’s agree to disagree. Don’t think we will ever need to worry about too many in the Os stadium.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:43 pm 😂 let’s agree to disagree.
Does that statement mean you lost, but are trying to remain positive ?
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:35 pm
George wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:43 pm 😂 let’s agree to disagree.
Does that statement mean you lost, but are trying to remain positive ?
No. I get the feeling that Max batters me about for a bit before delivering the killer blow. So I’m leaving before he does ))
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The omnishambles with vaccines in Europe continues

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fran ... -5pp0q0fr0
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Credit where it belatedly appears due, our lamentable government does seem to be doing a reasonably good job on the vaccine rollout compared to the EU. Which can only be a good thing in terms of our welfare and hopefully the EU will get their act together. Still doesn’t absolve Boris eat al from the clusterfuck that went before but one can only hope that they’ll continue to get control of things better from here on. (Yes I know the chances aren’t good).

A client in France was today quite scathing about Macron and their vaccine program. Surprisingly he reckons vaccine suspicion is a major issue in France and that less than 50% are likely to accept it.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:59 pm Credit where it belatedly appears due, our lamentable government does seem to be doing a reasonably good job on the vaccine rollout compared to the EU. Which can only be a good thing in terms of our welfare and hopefully the EU will get their act together. Still doesn’t absolve Boris eat al from the clusterfuck that went before but one can only hope that they’ll continue to get control of things better from here on. (Yes I know the chances aren’t good).

A client in France was today quite scathing about Macron and their vaccine program. Surprisingly he reckons vaccine suspicion is a major issue in France and that less than 50% are likely to accept it.
Definitely a bit of a gamble and its paying off. Then again spunking a ton on big private companies comes naturally to the Tories. Whereas the EU, as per, are weighed down by their gargantuan bureaucracy trying to use their cloud to haggle.

On France, it might help if their President didn't use Anti-Vaxx tropes on the AZ vaccine. The cheapest and easiest to store vaccine in order to save face for the EU
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 pm
Admin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:59 pm Credit where it belatedly appears due, our lamentable government does seem to be doing a reasonably good job on the vaccine rollout compared to the EU. Which can only be a good thing in terms of our welfare and hopefully the EU will get their act together. Still doesn’t absolve Boris eat al from the clusterfuck that went before but one can only hope that they’ll continue to get control of things better from here on. (Yes I know the chances aren’t good).

Definitely a bit of a gamble and its paying off. Then again spunking a ton on big private companies comes naturally to the Tories. Whereas the EU, as per, are weighed down by their gargantuan bureaucracy trying to use their cloud to haggle.

On France, it might help if their President didn't use Anti-Vaxx tropes on the AZ vaccine. The cheapest and easiest to store vaccine in order to save face for the EU
Wasn’t aware of the anti-vaccine stuff with Macron. The EU clearly haven’t covered themselves in glory recently which of course plays out well for the Brexit headbangers desperate for some good news to deflect away from less favourable stories.

One suspects the vaccine good news story will give Boris some breathing space for the time being, ably assisted by an opposition that can’t do much more but stand by and watch. Still find it ultimately surreal that deaths are being reported in 000’s per day but perhaps we’re all becoming desensitised....
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:44 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:15 pm

Wasn’t aware of the anti-vaccine stuff with Macron. The EU clearly haven’t covered themselves in glory recently which of course plays out well for the Brexit headbangers desperate for some good news to deflect away from less favourable stories.

One suspects the vaccine good news story will give Boris some breathing space for the time being, ably assisted by an opposition that can’t do much more but stand by and watch. Still find it ultimately surreal that deaths are being reported in 000’s per day but perhaps we’re all becoming desensitised....
He outright claimed it didn't work in over 65s and "Some say those over 60s".

Despite evidence to the contrary. At a time when millions here are having it. And the EU had just done the diplomatic equivalent of throwing faeces at the wall in order to secure more supply of it.

Even better he used the Trump "Some say" to increase the fake news shithouserry
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Need to get everyone back in for their 2nd jab before I join you all in praising these bastards.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:54 pm Need to get everyone back in for their 2nd jab before I join you all in praising these bastards.
Ain't had the first one yet , 68 with ongoing issues , yet my mate is 56 with no issues and gets his today 🤔🤔

What worries me more is people are getting the jab and thinking they are safe to mix with people 🤔🤔
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:08 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:54 pm Need to get everyone back in for their 2nd jab before I join you all in praising these bastards.
Ain't had the first one yet , 68 with ongoing issues , yet my mate is 56 with no issues and gets his today 🤔🤔

What worries me more is people are getting the jab and thinking they are safe to mix with people 🤔🤔
Sorry to hear that Ron. Hopefully it’s imminent.

My mum finally got hers last week and received a pep talk at the same time to make it clear this didn’t mean she was immune and could go back to normal.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

UK have now vaccinated more people than the entire EU . Unelected EU Bureaucrats obviously seething and green with envy.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

114,000 dead

More than any European Country

Leading the way in 2 things
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Today we mark the first anniversary of when it was obvious Johnson should have done something.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Reasonably good job! The people involved are doing an incredible job. Amazingly good. Shocks the hell out of me. Oh and before Max pipes up, I am not making a political point. My opinions of Boris are well known, I rate him just a little higher than Corbyn. A low bar.

This rollout success is down to the people doing the work. The Government input is like the above funding and ordering the doses. But it’s ordinary folk doing an extraordinary job that’s making it happen.

The rest of Europe have been caught with their pants down.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:40 am Today we mark the first anniversary of when it was obvious Johnson should have done something.
You sure about that - this thread didn't even start until the 25th Feb last year, so I'm not sure it would have been "obvious" a year ago today.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

o-no wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:01 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:40 am Today we mark the first anniversary of when it was obvious Johnson should have done something.
You sure about that - this thread didn't even start until the 25th Feb last year, so I'm not sure it would have been "obvious" a year ago today.
Hey steady on. Don't shoot the plagiarist. I was only repeating what Ianucci said on Twitter.

That said I believe there were early warnings in January the Covids was going to be big and by this time last year it was obvious that drastic action was required to contain the spread of the virus.

Just because the first time it was mentioned on a Division 4 message board was on 25 Feb doesn't make that untrue.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

It would've been obvious to Johnson if he'd bothered to show up to anyone 1 of the first 5 emergency meetings about it.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Good news! Everyone who last saw Tottenham win the League will be vaccinated by next week!
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:13 pm
o-no wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:01 pm
Hey steady on. Don't shoot the plagiarist. I was only repeating what Ianucci said on Twitter.

That said I believe there were early warnings in January the Covids was going to be big and by this time last year it was obvious that drastic action was required to contain the spread of the virus.

Just because the first time it was mentioned on a Division 4 message board was on 25 Feb doesn't make that untrue.
I honestly don’t know, but it seems unlikely that it wouldn’t have cropped up sooner if it had been that obvious, especially as no one hesitates to gob off on here normally. I don’t think the government have done a great job, but just cos Ianucci tweets something doesn’t make it true either.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ianucci is a good start,

Needs to be Tweeted by David Schneider too before it's credible though. If James Felton chimes in as a well with a beg for likes you know its legit
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 am Ianucci is a good start,

Needs to be Tweeted by David Schneider too before it's credible though. If James Felton chimes in as a well with a beg for likes you know its legit
What if Peter Baynham gets in on the act?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The first mention of Corona on here was on 8th Feb.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:36 am The first mention of Corona on here was on 8th Feb.
In fact Big Al mentioned it first on 31 Jan, according to the forum search function.

I suppose this only matters insofar as, if we're going to learn any lessons from this whole sorry event, we need a history and a timeline that is consistent and widely agreed upon (fat chance, huh). If someone says, it was obvious on day x that someone should have done something, but in reality nothing specific actually happened on day x of any significance, then that's just a form of virtue signalling - "It was obvious to me back then...." - which I'm not sure is a great look.