Sam Ling

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Sam Ling

Post by moonwalk19 »

Clive Evans wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:30 pm To be honest, I thought the whole team was dreadful. Can't see the point of picking on one guy ( but because his pa is DOF I can see why ). The whole defence were extremely poor, except for the goalie who has had a very good season. I think a big reason for our drop in form in the last few matches, has been the mediocre performances of our captain; up until a few weeks ago he has had a brilliant season. As Jobi is no Spring chicken, I feel alarm bells should be ringing. They need to fork out some serious dosh to get a skilled player to be in the heart of the team. Jobi's boots are gonna take a heck of a lot of filling. As for Sam, if I was him I would walk away from the club. No matter how well or badly he performs, idiots on here will condemn him constantly because his dad is DOF. When we acquired him, most people thought we had got a result. I think he has acted with dignity, but he should get out now, because until there is a replacement for Jobi, we can expect some shaky ole results. This is not a criticism of our captain, I feel he has been " put upon"; too much has been asked and expected of him, at the twilight of his career.
You do not have to be an idiot to know that Sam Ling is not good enough to play in this team and that has nothing to do with his dad.
Bobby dazzla
Fresh Alias

Post by Bobby dazzla »

Well for all the S lingerers news update saw juddy out on a run and he's had his contract extended at Barnet seems like flowers must see something in him. Also at politicOs U HEARD IT HERE FIRST 😏
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Bobby dazzla wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:18 pm Well for all the S lingerers news update saw juddy out on a run and he's had his contract extended at Barnet seems like flowers must see something in him. Also at politicOs U HEARD IT HERE FIRST 😏

Look who gets done fot Torquays 1st goal.
And just for the frankfurter in a bun
From 10 minutes in , he'd be spewing bile if that was Sam Ling but
I'm sure he'll defend Judd

Just leave it there shall we .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Yeh judd hasn’t had a fair go at this club ll has been made of how good lung was at daggers but the boy is no up to it he can read the game can’t defend as well
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

faith1234 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:51 pm Yeh judd hasn’t had a fair go at this club ll has been made of how good lung was at daggers but the boy is no up to it he can read the game can’t defend as well
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:45 pm
Bobby dazzla wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:18 pm Well for all the S lingerers news update saw juddy out on a run and he's had his contract extended at Barnet seems like flowers must see something in him. Also at politicOs U HEARD IT HERE FIRST 😏

“Gets done” :lol: he forced the bloke to take a pop shot from outside the area because he was on him, keeper should have saved it.

Funny how you try to compare the performance of a bloke who is playing his 2nd game of the season to a bloke who has just played his 10th in a row and gives away 4 or 5 chances every game. You’re a sad man child.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:45 pm

“Gets done” :lol: he forced the bloke to take a pop shot from outside the area because he was on him, keeper should have saved it.

Funny how you try to compare the performance of a bloke who is playing his 2nd game of the season to a bloke who has just played his 10th in a row and gives away 4 or 5 chances every game. You’re a sad man child.
3rd game for Judd .
He got done for speed by.a non leahlgue player .
The 2nd mistake was horrendous & was lucky to not be a goal

I should have included Biigy Small & Poundhill in this
as well as frankfurter in a bun .

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Yet if anything like this happens to Ling
Well you know the sh*t is going to fly !!
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Wonder what the rest of the players make of Ling continuing to get picked. If I worked for a company where the directors son was part of my team and repeatedly proved to be way out of his depth with no action taken, it'd make me consider my own future there. Nepotism gives a really poor impression of any organisation.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:39 pm Wonder what the rest of the players make of Ling continuing to get picked. If I worked for a company where the directors son was part of my team and repeatedly proved to be way out of his depth with no action taken, it'd make me consider my own future there. Nepotism gives a really poor impression of any organisation.
Who else can be picked at tight back ?
We have only 1 at the club at the moment

The 1 out on loan has shown himself not to be upto much at the minute
Sent off costing his team a penalty a goal, 3 points & a suspension .

In the video highlights versus torquay , he is outsprinted by a Non League player as well
God knows what a League 2 player would do to him

Surely if we put a centre half at right back we are just playing into the hands of the
Play the players in the right position brigade .

We dont want that do we ?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

We've made 4 signings in January, some in positions that we're pretty well stocked in. Obviously there is a budget available. The guy is completely inadequate for this level unfortunately and it's a really bad look for the club to pretend otherwise. I don't believe they can't find someone of a higher quality and it's very difficult to believe they wouldn't try to find someone better if the player in question wasn't the son of the director of football.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 pm We've made 4 signings in January, some in positions that we're pretty well stocked in. Obviously there is a budget available. The guy is completely inadequate for this level unfortunately and it's a really bad look for the club to pretend otherwise. I don't believe they can't find someone of a higher quality and it's very difficult to believe they wouldn't try to find someone better if the player in question wasn't the son of the director of football.
Everyone is replaceable .

It all depends if the beter players want to come or are right for the club

Whichever way that you take that
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 pm Image
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I've said all along, the players ain't stupid. They know.

Thanks for the link to those highlights. Judd looks like he's settled in well there.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 pm We've made 4 signings in January, some in positions that we're pretty well stocked in. Obviously there is a budget available. The guy is completely inadequate for this level unfortunately and it's a really bad look for the club to pretend otherwise. I don't believe they can't find someone of a higher quality and it's very difficult to believe they wouldn't try to find someone better if the player in question wasn't the son of the director of football.
Even if they were looking for a right back, would you come here if you were approached? You know you won't be starting games.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:12 pm I've said all along, the players ain't stupid. They know.

Thanks for the link to those highlights. Judd looks like he's settled in well there.
Settled in well

Bottom of the National league

At fault for the 1st goal v torquay
At fault for a defeat in which he conceded a penalty
Got sent off cost his team a goal & 3 points .

Who knew you were such a forgiving chap
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

The only thing I can think of is not wanting to phase too many new players into the squad/team at once and so they'll get to sorting the right back position in the summer. I think they're doing that with the left back position too, with a succession plan for Ogie to be given an opportunity.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Embleton has always said it is good to have competition for places, well we have that for every position bar one.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Story of O wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm Embleton has always said it is good to have competition for places, well we have that for every position bar one.
It's like Christmas day again
They are all biting
Just needed Poundhill for the full set
😁

I would say the sugary afternoon snack with a cup of tea as well
but I dont think he is worth wasting any time on .
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:23 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:12 pm I've said all along, the players ain't stupid. They know.

Settled in well

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Are you blaming him for that first goal in those highlights? 😂
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Settled in well

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
He “gets done” apparently
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:24 pm
The only thing I can think of is not wanting to phase too many new players into the squad/team at once and so they'll get to sorting the right back position in the summer. I think they're doing that with the left back position too, with a succession plan for Ogie to be given an opportunity.
Come on, I’m sure there’s some other possible reason you can think of if you try really hard.

Disagree with left back too - Brophy is rightly our first choice and good enough to play that position in a promotion winning side (IMO).
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:40 pm

Settled in well

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Yeah, he gets done. But there’s no pressure from the midfield on the player on the ball and no support from the centre half inside.

Juddy still gains ground on the bloke with every step and is about to challenge him, that’s why he let go with that speculative shot from 20+ yards out.

I used to play with Loachs old man, he used to dive over shots like that as well.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Thompson might be our new right back, he played most of his games for Rotherham there.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:44 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:40 pm

Yeah, he gets done. But there’s no pressure from the midfield on the player on the ball and no support from the centre half inside.

Juddy still gains ground on the bloke with every step and is about to challenge him, that’s why he let go with that speculative shot from 20+ yards out.

I used to play with Loachs old man, he used to dive over shots like that as well.
Massive difference in getting done on the halfway line and recovering to what happens at Orient every week