Treasonable?💩

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Treasonable?💩

Post by faldO »

E10EU wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:19 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:39 pm More I read about this the more dodgy it sounds. Wouldn’t surprise me if it comes to light that someone lightly associated with our government has bunged them some money to tell the EU there’s a production issue, whilst secretly supplying us with the extras.
That certainly would make sense.
Given that Johnson and his government have failed spectacularly in everything they have done (not just in relation to this pandemic but also with their glorious brexit), they always need something to divert people's feelings onto something shiny and preferably something to hook into the Brits' delusion of superiority in the world, the kind of psychology that led to brexshit.
Good on Sturgeon to refuse playing along with Johnson's strategy for fooling the public.
If the best those who refuse to believe the EU has made mistakes with their vaccine programme can do is come up with some bribery conspiracy then it shows the rose tinted glasses the EU is viewed through by some.

Let it go, it's been nearly 5 years of angst...
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Treasonable?

Post by Oiram »

Admin wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:26 pm
INAH wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm
Admin wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Oh do go and do one you fantasist. Sexist posts like the above are unacceptable.

Last warning.

It's great to see there's still some action on this board after years away, of course I am staying out of any political arguments and focusing solely on football chat but I do love to see some Admin/WUM fireworks.
Oh FFS. The ghost of Christmas sh*t has arrived.

Still for your classic car?
Yet another example of your inappropriate behaviour. Can you not moderate your own attitude and behaviour and observe the rules?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oiram wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:58 am
INAH wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm

It's great to see there's still some action on this board after years away, of course I am staying out of any political arguments and focusing solely on football chat but I do love to see some Admin/WUM fireworks.

Yet another example of your inappropriate behaviour. Can you not moderate your own attitude and behaviour and observe the rules?
Feel free to board elsewhere chum.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:02 pm
faldO wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:46 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:39 pm More I read about this the more dodgy it sounds. Wouldn’t surprise me if it comes to light that someone lightly associated with our government has bunged them some money to tell the EU there’s a production issue, whilst secretly supplying us with the extras.
Yes, that must be it. The story being spun about the EU's incompetence in ordering enough doses of the vaccine for their own people is too far fetched to be plausible.
They ordered & paid up front for €300 million euros worth ,
At £3 a pop for The astrazeneca vaccine , thats nust about
100 million ordered , enough to start on the vulnerable of Europe id say
I think the problem is more that they ordered too late and the manufacturer did not guarantee to supply them by a certain date.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 am

I would rather you raise your standards than bully me off, out. Typical, pure victimisation now? You are supposed to be leading the example . If everyone behaved like you on here it would be a free for all.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 pm
Thor wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:44 pm A vile women, a pig with lipstick on.

The SNP have history !
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13124 ... vasion-spt

NP leader’s ‘secret Nazi plot’ laid bare by bombshell MI5 dossier
SNP's former leader Arthur Donaldson planned to set up a Vichy-style regime in Scotland in the event of a Nazi invasion, according to unearthed MI5 documents.
Mr Donaldson, leader of the SNP between 1960 and 1969, was investigated by MI5 for plotting to set-up a Nazi government in Scotland. The wartime spy report released in 2005 claims that the former SNP leader conspired to set up a Vichy-style government with himself as a "Scottish Quisling" in the event of Adolf Hitler's widely-anticipated invasion. In 1941, Mr Donaldson allegedly told a close confidant – who was also a British agent – that a network of Nazi sympathisers were planning to undermine the war effort.
So he had much the same idea as certain members of the Royal Family then?
Osmad
Fresh Alias

Post by Osmad »

People in Spain locked up for less. Poison dwarf in my opinion.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oiram wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:47 am

I would rather you raise your standards than bully me off, out. Typical, pure victimisation now? You are supposed to be leading the example . If everyone behaved like you on here it would be a free for all.
Oh do stop being such a snowflake. Amazing how easily you right-wingers turn into such cry-babies when you're being dished out a bit of plain speaking.

I do lead by example - when I decide a wum alias becomes a crashing bore, I feel duty bound to let them know. Both you and Thor have reached that point - you're both utterly stinking the place out with your bullshit. You can either accept you've become really tiresome and try harder or alternatively live with it and accept it.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:22 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:02 pm
faldO wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:46 pm
Yes, that must be it. The story being spun about the EU's incompetence in ordering enough doses of the vaccine for their own people is too far fetched to be plausible.
They ordered & paid up front for €300 million euros worth ,
At £3 a pop for The astrazeneca vaccine , thats nust about
100 million ordered , enough to start on the vulnerable of Europe id say
I think the problem is more that they ordered too late and the manufacturer did not guarantee to supply them by a certain date.
That as well, but when the EU did order early they did not order enough, see stories like this: https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... edirect=in and preferred to wait and see how things developed and try to negotiate a cheaper price.

There was also likely pressure from Macron to wait for the French vaccine (Sanofi) which is now not working well in trials, and Sanofi have shifted their short term focus onto helping manufacture the Pfizer vaccine.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:33 am

Oh do stop being such a snowflake. Amazing how easily you right-wingers turn into such cry-babies when you're being dished out a bit of plain speaking.

I do lead by example - when I decide a wum alias becomes a crashing bore, I feel duty bound to let them know. Both you and Thor have reached that point - you're both utterly stinking the place out with your bullshit. You can either accept you've become really tiresome and try harder or alternatively live with it and accept it.
Double standards. Lead by example. Stop your petulance. You cannot moderate and admonish people then behave like a thuggish yob yourself, well you can but you will leave yourself open to criticism.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Yep we all know they've royally fecked up pretty much everything to do with this.

But some people would rather believe a conspiracy theory rather than admit that maybe just maybe they've managed to stumble on doing one thing right in their clusterf*ck of handling this.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oiram wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:45 am

Double standards. Lead by example. Stop your petulance. You cannot moderate and admonish people then behave like a thuggish yob yourself, well you can but you will leave yourself open to criticism.
Boring. You've gone straight down the same cul-de-sac that every right-wing wummer has ever done on here. Happy to hand it out, even happier to card-wave and bleat about moderation standards the minute you're pulled for being a dullard. Seen plenty of your type here before and I'm sure there'll be others after. You're basically the internet equivalent of Jim Davison. Possibly funny once - now just very very dull.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It's revealing that we've arrived at a point where people are so entrenched in their Brexit war positions, that they can't step back and see things more clearly. This applies to both sides at times, but in this case (and until any new evidence comes to light - important caveat), the remainers are not exactly coming across well.

So far, the vaccine rollout is one thing that the UK Government is delivering on. People may pick apart relatively minor details, but if we continue on our current trajectory then this will have to be marked as a success. Nobody's going to be smited by the Lord Corbs Almighty for acknowledging success as well as criticising failure. You are allowed to do both.

The UK Government got in early. They committed to a substantial order and they made sure they had a robust contract in place to protect our interests.

The European Commission didn't. They're looking stupid, are feeling defensive, and are wary of member states taking separate stances in order to look after their own citizens first (which is understandable, and is what Germany may be edging towards). Unless new evidence comes to light to the contrary, the Commission has been caught out here and is throwing a proper strop. f*** 'em.

Remainers need to stop seeing everything through EU=good/UK=bad spectacles (and leavers the same vice versa). It's just not that straightforward, and f*cking tedious for everyone else having to listen/read your drivel.
INAH

Post by INAH »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am It's revealing that we've arrived at a point where people are so entrenched in their Brexit war positions, that they can't step back and see things more clearly. This applies to both sides at times, but in this case (and until any new evidence comes to light - important caveat), the remainers are not exactly coming across well.

So far, the vaccine rollout is one thing that the UK Government is delivering on. People may pick apart relatively minor details, but if we continue on our current trajectory then this will have to be marked as a success. Nobody's going to be smited by the Lord Corbs Almighty for acknowledging success as well as criticising failure. You are allowed to do both.

The UK Government got in early. They committed to a substantial order and they made sure they had a robust contract in place to protect our interests.

The European Commission didn't. They're looking stupid, are feeling defensive, and are wary of member states taking separate stances in order to look after their own citizens first (which is understandable, and is what Germany may be edging towards). Unless new evidence comes to light to the contrary, the Commission has been caught out here and is throwing a proper strop. f*** 'em.

Remainers need to stop seeing everything through EU=good/UK=bad spectacles (and leavers the same vice versa). It's just not that straightforward, and f*cking tedious for everyone else having to listen/read your drivel.
Very well thought out post and excellently executed, this topic has peeked at this comment and it will only continue to go down hill from here.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:52 am

Boring. You've gone straight down the same cul-de-sac that every right-wing wummer has ever done on here. Happy to hand it out, even happier to card-wave and bleat about moderation standards the minute you're pulled for being a dullard. Seen plenty of your type here before and I'm sure there'll be others after. You're basically the internet equivalent of Jim Davison. Possibly funny once - now just very very dull.
I am merely asking you to be respectful to contributors, as you would expect them to be towards you and act as your remit dictates.

You admonish Thor for sexist comments, yet overlook anything detrimental aimed at the likes of Pritti Patel which is also racist territory. You are far from impartial.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oiram wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:37 am

I am merely asking you to be respectful to contributors, as you would expect them to be towards you and act as your remit dictates.

You admonish Thor for sexist comments, yet overlook anything detrimental aimed at the likes of Pritti Patel which is also racist territory. You are far from impartial.
Show me something racist on here about Priti Patel. Amazed that no one else has reported it. And believe me, the report function is regularly used by the right-wingers on here.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:15 pm So basically, Boris has paid up some of his mates to do something dodgy to save his neck. More to this whole saga than we know
Nothing wrong with what he's done apart from moving fast and ordering the vaccine before any else, as you would expect him to do. what's wrong with you.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

E10EU wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:19 am
That certainly would make sense.
Given that Johnson and his government have failed spectacularly in everything they have done (not just in relation to this pandemic but also with their glorious brexit), they always need something to divert people's feelings onto something shiny and preferably something to hook into the Brits' delusion of superiority in the world, the kind of psychology that led to brexshit.
Good on Sturgeon to refuse playing along with Johnson's strategy for fooling the public.
Being as you dislike this country so much and do not have a good word to say about us, please feel free to emigrate to those wonderful countries that would put up with your unpatriotic ranting
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:50 am

Show me something racist on here about Priti Patel. Amazed that no one else has reported it. And believe me, the report function is regularly used by the right-wingers on here.
You would never get away with this type of comment in a modern workplace like the civil service so why is this permitted?:
F621179D-0444-4D5F-930E-A4E6AC898077.png
F621179D-0444-4D5F-930E-A4E6AC898077.png (145.46 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Type high wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:58 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:15 pm So basically, Boris has paid up some of his mates to do something dodgy to save his neck. More to this whole saga than we know
Nothing wrong with what he's done apart from moving fast and ordering the vaccine before any else, as you would expect him to do. what's wrong with you.
theres too much to list.

we'll see wont we.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 am
theres too much to list.

we'll see wont we.
Just been notified will be having the jab 8th Feb, I'm pleased
INAH

Post by INAH »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 am
theres too much to list.

we'll see wont we.

Is that you saying you would be willing to admit you was wrong and that the EU have been caught out as bitter unprofessionals IF it turns out the UK did nothing wrong?

Of course it works both ways and if it turns out that the UK is at fault then I expect the otherside to apologise and admit they were wrong.

I only think that's fair, I'm just glad I'm a fence sitter on all political discussions.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oiram wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:09 am
Admin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:50 am

You would never get away with this type of comment in a modern workplace like the civil service so why is this permitted?:

Firstly, this isn't a workplace. It's a message board for a 4th division football club.

Secondly, the comments aren't even comparable. Bonio's reference is to Patel's personality - had he caller her a pig with lipstick, I'd have intervened. I see no racism either despite your claim.

But you know all of this anyway. Or if you didn't, you're an idiot. Regardless, for certain, you're a howling at the moon right wing loon / alias and an insufferable bore with not a single redeeming feature. It's no coincidence that activity on here has dropped off since your arrival.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

The AstraZeneca/EU contract is publically available now so people will be able to make up their own minds.

It's long and legalese but it will be interesting to see how the story plays out over the next few hours once experts have looked at it.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

The Official Secrets Act applies to her (and all of us) Im sure that she is aware of this