Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Tory Watch

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 am "This equates to an average cost of £206 per device. But experts have told us they would expect the basic laptops to cost the taxpayer closer to the region of £100 per device."

Must be poo poo.
Between June 2019 & December 2020, i bought five laptops, I paid between £32 & £61 , total price for the five =£206 ( Average £41 per laptop)
They had all been upgraded before i got them, bar one which i upgraded myself.
All worked well from the moment i got them.
You dont have to pay a lot for laptops, if you know where to look, and are prepared to not have the latest models
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

How the hell are ministers allowed to get away with this dross unchallenged? Can you imagine if a Labour MP from the left of centre of the party spouted this tripe? :lol:

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:07 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 am "This equates to an average cost of £206 per device. But experts have told us they would expect the basic laptops to cost the taxpayer closer to the region of £100 per device."

Must be poo poo.
Between June 2019 & December 2020, i bought five laptops, I paid between £32 & £61 , total price for the five =£206 ( Average £41 per laptop)
You dont have to pay a lot for laptops, if you know where to look, and are prepared to not have the latest models
You got through 5 laptops in 18 months but they 'worked well'?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Can you imagine the furious hammering those keyboards had to take?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Must be poo poo.
:D

Don't think a £40 brick using Windows 95 is gonna be much use for remote learning Coyos
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

I've voted Tory on and off about 3/4 of the time in my Adult life. I honestly expect them to get hammered in the next set of voting.

Wouldn't be surprised if they even lose the 80 seat majority. They've pretty much effed up everything decision wise in the last 10 months as Bojo doesn't want to do bad news.

Waiting (hope it doesn't) for the vaccination programme to go tits up. At least it's run by the NHS and the Army and not one of Bojo and his cronies mates whom we've bunged a few quid to set up.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

JimbO wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:42 pm I've voted Tory on and off about 3/4 of the time in my Adult life. I honestly expect them to get hammered in the next set of voting.

Wouldn't be surprised if they even lose the 80 seat majority. They've pretty much effed up everything decision wise in the last 10 months as Bojo doesn't want to do bad news.

Waiting (hope it doesn't) for the vaccination programme to go tits up. At least it's run by the NHS and the Army and not one of Bojo and his cronies mates whom we've bunged a few quid to set up.
You should maintain your faith in them instead of jumping ship. Starmer will never be PM, too cautious, like the lawyer he is.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

:clown
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

JimbO wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:42 pm I've voted Tory on and off about 3/4 of the time in my Adult life. I honestly expect them to get hammered in the next set of voting.

They’re still pulling in over 40%, Labour still under 40%.

Right now should see them at their absolute lowest in the polls but it just ain’t happening. A proper Labour leader would be 20 points ahead in the polls. 😢
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

6.6m people vaccinated so far, 79% of all people aged over 80 have now been done.

I think you will all agree what a great job the tories are doing in looking after the people. I look forwards to you all posting a positive in that respect.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Must be poo poo.
Ha Ha...I use one as my daily driver, the rest are spares in case the first one packs up.
Occasionally i use one of the others to store files on.
all the laptops are working well. I look after them, and service them regularly ( no purile jokes please)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

FOUR spares?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:26 pm FOUR spares?
Three....i gave one to my son
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Lucky boy
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:58 pm 6.6m people vaccinated so far, 79% of all people aged over 80 have now been done.

I think you will all agree what a great job the tories are doing in looking after the people. I look forwards to you all posting a positive in that respect.
Thor wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:49 am So the magic pill being sold to the public is questionable. Israel has questioned its effictiness as cases and hospitalizations are not falling.

Israel is currently leading the global vaccination drive, with nearly 39 per cent of its citizens having had at least a single dose of a jab so far.

However, infection and death rates, as well as the numbers of people in hospital, have shown little sign of falling.

Latest figures show a further 7,027 tested positive for the virus on Thursday, with 64 new deaths from the disease. Out of 82,930 active cases, 1,918 are hospitalized. Last week, the hospitalisation figure was just over 1,000.

Addressing the apparent failure of the jab regime in cutting infection rates, Israel's top coronavirus medic said on Wednesday that the Pfizer vaccine was less effective than expected.

Real-world data from Israel's world-beating rollout showed the first dose led to a 33 per cent reduction in cases of coronavirus between 14 and 21 days afterwards in people who got the jab.

The figure is lower than the British regulator's estimate, which said it may prevent 89 per cent of recipients from getting Covid-19 symptoms.

But Sir Patrick, the UK's chief scientific adviser, told the Downing Street press conference on Friday that the Israeli data was 'very preliminary'.
So are the Vaccinations safe thory or
Thor wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:06 pm Hancock is caught on film telling the travel industry that the South African strain will make the covid jabs 50% less effective. He also went on to say if it takes hold in this country the. We will be back to square one. He also said he would not say this in public however, someone was videoing the conference / zoom call.

Oh dear.

You seem to be claiming different things to fit your mood

🤔🤔
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

100, 000 British souls dead..and still Johnson doesn't resign
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:36 pm 100, 000 British souls dead..and still Johnson doesn't resign
Id expect an awfult lot more to come in the next month i
Might even break the 2,000 a day mark
Bob R Smillie
Fresh Alias

Post by Bob R Smillie »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:52 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:36 pm 100, 000 British souls dead..and still Johnson doesn't resign
Id expect an awfult lot more to come in the next month i
Might even break the 2,000 a day mark
I suppose it will give Boris something to aim for.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Probably mostly brexiteers though.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

The highest death toll in Europe and the worst economic figures in Europe too. So Johnson’s bullshit about balancing saving lives and saving the economy is just that - bullshit.

Fact is, Johnson and his ground-breakingly inept cabinet have handled the pandemic just about as badly as is possible, unless you’re one of the Tory donors who have benefitted hugely from the PPE and private T&T system fiascos. He should have his political career ended like Mussolini’s.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Post by Celtient »

Over a billion quids worth of contracts. No tendering process required, just a nod and a wink to friends and Tory donors.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

BoJo claims he did all that he could to stop this plague!!!
1 He allowed the Cheltenham Festival to go ahead whilst this epidemic was starting to flare up/ 2 He allowed Crufts to go ahead in late March , a 4 day event in hot crowded halls, with people coming from all over the World ( although some from more sensible countries couldn't come as their countries' had already banned International travel. 3 NHS already run down 4 Lack of PPE 5 Old people sent back to care homes whilst Covid+ 6 Dominic Cummins fiasco. 7 Continually late operating lockdowns- more worried about his business chums than his citizens 8 Appointing cronies like Dildo to bodge up track & trace. 9 Not paying people told to self-isolate so they spread the bug . 10.Continual dithering etc etc etc
The Media have let him get away with murder
Bob R Smillie
Fresh Alias

Post by Bob R Smillie »

Clive Evans wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am BoJo claims he did all that he could to stop this plague!!!
1 He allowed the Cheltenham Festival to go ahead whilst this epidemic was starting to flare up/ 2 He allowed Crufts to go ahead in late March , a 4 day event in hot crowded halls, with people coming from all over the World ( although some from more sensible countries couldn't come as their countries' had already banned International travel. 3 NHS already run down 4 Lack of PPE 5 Old people sent back to care homes whilst Covid+ 6 Dominic Cummins fiasco. 7 Continually late operating lockdowns- more worried about his business chums than his citizens 8 Appointing cronies like Dildo to bodge up track & trace. 9 Not paying people told to self-isolate so they spread the bug . 10.Continual dithering etc etc etc
What about the people who voted for him knowing full well he was an incompetent waste of space. There is blood on their hands too.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Clive Evans wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:57 am BoJo claims he did all that he could to stop this plague!!!
Excellent post. I would add to it the following......failed to 'cancel' Christmas, meaning people mixed close together, then surprise suprise, in January we have the highest number of new cases and deaths
Traditionally, when politicians mess up, they resign...Johnson must resign !