Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:02 am I see the person who threw a milkshake over a trump supoorter and called him nazi scum, sells private services to the NHS.

This is brought to you by Thor again pointing out hypocrisy in its finest glory.
I prefer to call your posts a Farago of Assininity. There is no hypocrisy.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

God forbid Corbyn ever becones Prime Minister
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

[quote="RedDwarf 1881" post_id=17417 time=1559812456 user_id=180]
God forbid Corbyn ever becones Prime Minister.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am God forbid Corbyn ever becones Prime Minister.
Yeah good old God. He'll sort it. Always does if you pray hard enough.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Thor wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:02 am I see the person who threw a milkshake over a trump supoorter and called him nazi scum, sells private services to the NHS.

This is brought to you by Thor again pointing out hypocrisy in its finest glory.
Well spotted.

Funny how you missed this one last week?

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... mi-oluwole
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:16 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 am God forbid Corbyn ever becones Prime Minister.
Yeah good old God. He'll sort it. Always does if you pray hard enough.
The lord will always listen if you just ask him a question.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The company that she owns has now withdrawn from its contract to supply services to the NHS. She has also apologised, but only cos she was caught otherwise I'm sure she'd have done it again. I think she's also a racist saying "I dont want to answer questions from a white man" oh dear.

Nasty women, but typical of the left.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:19 am

Well spotted.

You missed this one buddy.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Well spotted.

Funny how the gammons turn the other cheek with this sort of thing.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Well spotted.

You are absolutely correct and I will ensure that the reporters at Thor Towers will be better positioned to report on a balanced basis in future. We have reported other hypocrites across different parties yet we missed this important report from our friends at the Guardian. You can be assured that steps have been taken to avoid such oversites in future, and we thank for bringing this to out attention.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I have just read an excellent article concerning free school meals in Jan 2020 for all secondary pupils in the Labour run Hammersmith borough council. On top of this all primary school pupils will be able to have breakfast at school regardless of the financial position of all families. Please see below the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... lot-scheme

We at Thor Towers believe that this is a massive statement of intent from the council. This is being paid for by funds raised on property development fees or charges. We believe that other councils should follow the lead of this Labour council and provide a proper meal for all pupils which will help tackle child poverty in a positive way.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 pm I have just read an excellent article concerning free school meals in Jan 2020 for all secondary pupils in the Labour run Hammersmith borough council. On top of this all primary school pupils will be able to have breakfast at school regardless of the financial position of all families. Please see below the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... lot-scheme

We at Thor Towers believe that this is a massive statement of intent from the council. This is being paid for by funds raised on property development fees or charges. We believe that other councils should follow the lead of this Labour council and provide a proper meal for all pupils which will help tackle child poverty in a positive way.
Well said fella.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Thor Towers brings an insight into anti Semiticism in the Labour Party as per an article by Dame Margaret Hodge. It is quite damming when a Labour grandee speaks out like this and is highlighting what can only be described as Machiavellian practices within the party and it’s use on private emails. To be an effective party of opposition the Labour Party must rid itself of the anti Semitic behaviour that has become all too common over recent times.

Almost four years ago, Jeremy Corbyn became leader of the Labour Party and infected it with the vile poison of anti-Semitism.

Not a day has gone by when I haven’t been targeted by an online army of anti-Semites who work in his name. Faced with a deluge of anti-Jewish hate, I didn’t think the situation could get much worse.

But I was wrong. For now Corbyn’s most senior advisor, Andrew Murray, has been using a private email address to make rulings on anti-Semitism complaints in secret – with the sole intention of overturning decisions to protect his pals.

It is sickening that Murray tried to excuse a suspended Labour councillor who, like Corbyn once did, questioned whether a grossly bigoted mural depicting hook-nosed Jews was anti-Semitic.

Many of us within the Labour Party have long suspected that the party’s handling of anti-Semitism allegations is rotten to the core.

Take Lisa Forbes, Labour’s candidate in yesterday’s Peterborough by- election, who has a disgraceful track record. In the past year alone, Lisa has fought against Labour adopting a definition of anti-Semitism that has been endorsed by all major government bodies.

She also accused the Prime Minister of having a ‘Zionist slave-master’s agenda’, and championed the lie that Israel has set up murderous Islamist terrorist groups to help consolidate its position in the Middle East – even though these barbaric organisations want to destroy Israel.

It is astounding that she was ever chosen as a Labour parliamentary candidate. Either no serious vetting took place, or, worse, the party wilfully turned a blind eye to her hateful views.

Several sources have told me that Corbyn’s inner circle have long discussed complaints using private email addresses – knowing that this allows them to slip under the radar and avoid all scrutiny.

Indeed, the deception at the heart of Corbyn’s top team was displayed earlier this week, when it was revealed that another senior Corbyn loyalist, David Prescott, faces allegations of sexual harassment.

It proved that even when Corbyn has knowledge of serious allegations, he fails to act on them. These machinations at the heart of my party did not exist when I joined Labour 56 years ago.

My family knew the consequences of anti-Semitism first-hand – my grandmother was shot dead by the Nazis at the gates of a Lithuanian concentration camp.

I joined Labour because it was the natural home for Jews, proudly standing for equality and anti-racism.

But under Corbyn these values have been buried and anti-Semitism has become the acceptable face of racism on the Left.

It came as no surprise when, last Tuesday, the Equality and Human Rights Commission announced that it is to launch a full investigation into the Labour Party for widespread and unlawful Jew-hate. Only one other political party has been subjected to this humiliation – the fascist British National Party.

For Corbyn to have also led us down this path is unforgiveable. In the 2010 general election, I fought and defeated the BNP when their vile leader Nick Griffin stood against me in Barking and Dagenham.

Taking on him and his neo-Nazi thugs was one of the most important battles of my life – and stopping the BNP from gaining their first foothold in Westminster remains one of my proudest achievements.

But the vile anti-Semitic abuse I experienced during that campaign is nothing compared with the Jew-bashing hatred I have received from Corbyn’s acolytes.

Every week, someone says I am a traitor who works for Israel and, rather bafflingly, a Nazi sympathiser.

Corbyn supporters tell me I have financed the murder of innocent children and should slit my own wrists. One Corbyn fanatic even said it should have been me, not Jo Cox, who was murdered three years ago.

The recent European elections were a revealing experience. All too often I was told by traditional Labour supporters that, because of Corbyn’s toxic leadership, they could not vote for my party.

On a bad day, I despair. But, more often, I remind myself that the Labour Party is almost 120 years old and has achieved so much. I have been a party member for over half a century and Corbyn has been leader for less than four years.

Yet now, thanks to his shameful leadership, an anti-Semitism crisis has engulfed my once-great party.

A fight for the heart and soul of Labour is raging. The party has been hijacked and we must wrestle it back.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Labour retain Peterborough. Nigel's party not very good at securing Westminster seats are they? Looks like they have blown their best ever chance. As someone on the news keeps saying "REVOKE ARTICLE 50, NOW!"
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

More like the Blewit party. Tories in a miserable third and the Lib Dems double their vote.
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

So the cozy two-party cabal props each other up again. Every vote for the Conservatives was a vote for Corbyn.

And Peterborough ends up with another Labour MP. The new one may well be a Jew-hater, the last one was a criminal and a previous election agent had eight convictions, including three for paedophile offences.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Labour win again. That wasn’t supposed to happen. Oops.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 am Labour win again. That wasn’t supposed to happen. Oops.
It’s called democracy, the people have spoken, that’s how it works.
cymruO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cymruO »

In 2017 Labour polled over 20,000 votes; the Tories a few hundred votes behind. Last night Labour polled just over 10,000 votes and again won by only a few hundred votes. Turn out proved very little; where were all those Labour voters, assuming the Brexit vote was solidly disaffected Tories? My guess is Labour voters stayed at home because they couldn't bring themselves to vote Labour, but also couldn't bring themselves to vote for another party.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

cymruO wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 am In 2017 Labour polled over 20,000 votes; the Tories a few hundred votes behind. Last night Labour polled just over 10,000 votes and again won by only a few hundred votes. Turn out proved very little; where were all those Labour voters, assuming the Brexit vote was solidly disaffected Tories? My guess is Labour voters stayed at home because they couldn't bring themselves to vote Labour, but also couldn't bring themselves to vote for another party.
The Blewit Party are taking the dregs of the Labour Party too, not just the tories.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Much lower turnout than is usual at a GE, with the Libs & Greens also grabbing a bigger share of the vote, but I guess Labour (momentum) activists were out in numbers & did enough by concentrating on local issues to just about hold a seat they were expected to lose after the last MP disgraced herself.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

It's a genuinely remarkable result. Totally agree with you, this is all about the membership getting out and doing their thing.

No wonder nobody is talking about it.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Thor wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 am Labour win again. That wasn’t supposed to happen. Oops.
Not any more.

Labour only got 31% of the vote so it is obvious that the majority doesn't want a Labour MP.
Got to be a second vote surely? :lol:
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:16 pm
Thor wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:37 am
Not any more.

Labour only got 31% of the vote so it is obvious that the majority doesn't want a Labour MP.
Got to be a second vote surely? :lol:
There will be. Lots more votes. Every five years, roughly.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Congratulations for a resounding win by the Labour candidate in difficult circumstances. Just remember to keep the speed down when you're out in the car