Oliver Stone Film - Snowden

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Oliver Stone Film - Snowden

Post by Thor »

I’ve just watched the above film and found it really good, so if you’ve not seen it then Thor can recommend it. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s real life and real events that led up to Snowden doing what he did.

Amazing film and what he did was truly amazing as well. He has basically given up his life to tell the truth, now if he’d have said on here what he told the world you lot would have said tin hat wearer, nut job, conspiracy loon. Nah the truth is out there you just need to open your mind up to what is actually going on.

Anyway get your minces in front of a screen and watch it, you will not be disappointed.
Celtient
Fresh Alias

Re: Oliver Stone Film - Snowden

Post by Celtient »

Speaking in the third person is apparently not always considered to be a personality disorder, but in this case I'm pretty sure it is
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Thor- Have you only just heard about Snowden? Didn't really enjoy the film.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

He was probably to excited at being a petrol head to
notice The story at the time
ClockworkO
Fresh Alias
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by ClockworkO »

Looking forward to the film ‘The Persecution of Julian’.

Will be a real tear-jerker.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:48 pm Thor- Have you only just heard about Snowden? Didn't really enjoy the film.
Of course I have, but I didn't know there was a film made about it. Flicking through Amazon Prime last night I saw it so thought I'd watch it.

Decent film in my opinion.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

I've just read up on it and looks a good film.
Where did you watch it please as I have just looked on Now tv and Netflix and they both haven't got to stream?
ClockworkO
Fresh Alias
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by ClockworkO »

A decent watch to be sure.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:06 am I've just read up on it and looks a good film.
Where did you watch it please as I have just looked on Now tv and Netflix and they both haven't got to stream?
Amazon Prime
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Thanks for update Thor, unfortunately I haven't got that but will go and buy the DVD when lockdown is over.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

North Stand Dave wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:52 pm Thanks for update Thor, unfortunately I haven't got that but will go and buy the DVD when lockdown is over.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... kw=snowden
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Well done tuffers £1.80 is proper value NSD.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 pm I’ve just watched the above film and found it really good, so if you’ve not seen it then Thor can recommend it. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s real life and real events that led up to Snowden doing what he did.

Amazing film and what he did was truly amazing as well. He has basically given up his life to tell the truth, now if he’d have said on here what he told the world you lot would have said tin hat wearer, nut job, conspiracy loon. Nah the truth is out there you just need to open your mind up to what is actually going on.

Anyway get your minces in front of a screen and watch it, you will not be disappointed.
Which bits do you think us lot on here would have disbelieved?

The likes of Snowden and Chelsea Manning are obviously proper heroes.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

For starters that we were being spied on!! You'd (not just you) would have said no way your mad!! That when you send a message and that person passes it on and the next one does the same then they have all the data on 2.5m people. Again you'd have said your mad. That they access the cameras on laptops even if they are turned off you'd have said your mad.

I could go on.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thor wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 pm when you send a message and that person passes it on and the next one does the same then they have all the data on 2.5m people.

I could go on.
Can you run this bit by me again?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 pm For starters that we were being spied on!! You'd (not just you) would have said no way your mad!! That when you send a message and that person passes it on and the next one does the same then they have all the data on 2.5m people. Again you'd have said your mad. That they access the cameras on laptops even if they are turned off you'd have said your mad.

I could go on.
No, I wouldn’t.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:39 pm
Thor wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 pm when you send a message and that person passes it on and the next one does the same then they have all the data on 2.5m people.

I could go on.
Let’s say I message you something, it doesn’t matter what. The NSA / CIA collect that data along with every contact I have. You send it to hotdogs and they have all your data and contacts. Hotdogs sends it to max the same thing happens, now all those contacts, contacts are collected which in the film says it averages out at 2.5m contacts that they will now be aware of, just from three people. They will be looking at and analysing it all for words or associations or anything that they want or need for whatever it is they are doing.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

That’s a worrying scenario, Thor.

Just a few careless messages between the usual forum snowflakes and, before you know it, you’d be getting an unsolicited email from NU telling you you’re below-average boardin’ score and trying to flog you some dreamweaver add-on tat to improve your sorry performance.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:25 am

I could go on.
Let’s say I message you something, it doesn’t matter what. The NSA / CIA collect that data along with every contact I have. You send it to hotdogs and they have all your data and contacts. Hotdogs sends it to max the same thing happens, now all those contacts, contacts are collected which in the film says it averages out at 2.5m contacts that they will now be aware of, just from three people. They will be looking at and analysing it all for words or associations or anything that they want or need for whatever it is they are doing.
Message how? I don't think we know two million people between us.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I could go on.
Caca has confirmed it wasn’t him that used to phone me.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I could go on.
If you’ve done nothing wrong and got nothing to hide, you’ve got nothing to worry about.