Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Admin »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:50 am
Admin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 am I drive into W1 twice a week at the moment to visit half a dozen buildings either side of Oxford St. I'd describe it as a bit of a polo effect - the suburbs and routes in (via Walthamstow / Finsbury Park) are quite busy with lots of people around, particularly in the parks but once you cross Marylebone Road into Baker St and down to Oxford St there's hardly anyone around and there's bundles of parking spaces which are usually full.

It does feel different from the first lockdown though - as Dunners says above, don't see much difference between now and Tier 3 before xmas.
Must be quite reassuring having a secure job with Hermes in this climate
You seem quite obsessed with me having some sort of delivery job? Think it was deliveroo or Pizzas last time. Why is this?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Admin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 am
Admin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 am I drive into W1 twice a week at the moment to visit half a dozen buildings either side of Oxford St. I'd describe it as a bit of a polo effect - the suburbs and routes in (via Walthamstow / Finsbury Park) are quite busy with lots of people around, particularly in the parks but once you cross Marylebone Road into Baker St and down to Oxford St there's hardly anyone around and there's bundles of parking spaces which are usually full.

It does feel different from the first lockdown though - as Dunners says above, don't see much difference between now and Tier 3 before xmas.
You seem quite obsessed with me having some sort of delivery job? Think it was deliveroo or Pizzas last time. Why is this?
Damn, forgot I'd done the joke before :(

Apologies your lordship
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am
Admin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 am

Damn, forgot I'd done the joke before :(

Apologies your lordship
You been at this game too long Pammy. Fresh victims, that's what you need.

If it makes you feel any better, my work is incredibly dull. Not quite as dull as that hotdogs fella, but close.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

All the signs are there, FTC. Our suspicions were first raised when you were asking about scooters.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:02 pm All the signs are there, FTC. Our suspicions were first raised when you were asking about scooters.
Ah yes I'd forgotten about that. Not one of my brighter ideas that one. As I discovered when I did the CBT and decided that being on a moped really was as sh*t as it was 30 years previous.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:20 pm 1,564 deaths reported today. But at least infections are starting to fall now - 48k today, so the rolling seven day average continues to drop slightly. I'm guessing this fall is coming too late to prevent a 2k reported deaths day coming up in the next week or so.

Another 200k vaccinations in the last 24 hours.
Infections may be getting down but that will depend on how many people were tested on that day. It’s the deaths that we should be looking at which are rising on a day to day basis.As you say it will reach 2000 a day shortly . We should have a total lockdown . There are still people out there who think they are exempt from getting this virus and not following guidelines.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

that data is on the govt website moonwalk if you want to check it out.

Its the infections that will fall first though.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

moonwalk19 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:20 pm 1,564 deaths reported today. But at least infections are starting to fall now - 48k today, so the rolling seven day average continues to drop slightly. I'm guessing this fall is coming too late to prevent a 2k reported deaths day coming up in the next week or so.

Another 200k vaccinations in the last 24 hours.
Infections may be getting down but that will depend on how many people were tested on that day. It’s the deaths that we should be looking at which are rising on a day to day basis.As you say it will reach 2000 a day shortly . We should have a total lockdown . There are still people out there who think they are exempt from getting this virus and not following guidelines.
We should also be looking at the infections as those drive the future deaths totals. And yes, quite clearly the number of tests impacts on the number of infections, but we've done that several times before in this thread already.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:17 am ^ Is it really just construction sites that are the difference between lockdowns 1 & 3? The amount of people and traffic about at the moment just doesn't seem to be any lower than when we were in tiers 3 and 4.
It’s the same out in the sticks. There’s negligible difference between today’s traffic and that of the normal, olden days.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:35 am It's not their fault, a civil servant drove to Durham 9 months ago, blame him.
By all means blame him, but he wasn't a civil servant. Special Advisers (SpAds) are political appointees and therefore not part of the civil service.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Covid cases have fallen by a tad under 7.7% over tha last Seven days. 370,839 vs 401,699 Not that you are likely to hear this on the MSM. Cant give you any more details as figures for today are delayed while they try and find deaths from previous months to pile onto todays figure.

Yesterday there were 37 December deaths from just a single hospital in Kings Lynn added to the daily figure. Add to that other hospitals that added deaths from back as far as May.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Eh? You think ‘they’ want a bigger number of deaths to make themselves look even worse?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yep correct hotdogs are you now starting to see the light?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Why would they want to make themselves look worse than they are? That doesn’t make sense.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Nearly 10pm and still no new data reported today on the government website. FFS Ling!
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

The Government can advise and make the rules. If people ignore them then the Government cannot carry the blame.

The Government gives advice about other perils such as Alcohol and tobacco consumption, illicit drug use, obesity, excess speeding in vehicles, drinking and driving , MMR, NHS advice on screening certain conditions and so on. If people ignore this guidance like Covid advice how can they be criticised?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Oiram wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 pm The Government can advise and make the rules. If people ignore them then the Government cannot carry the blame.

The Government gives advice about other perils such as Alcohol and tobacco consumption, illicit drug use, obesity, excess speeding in vehicles, drinking and driving , MMR, NHS advice on screening certain conditions and so on. If people ignore this guidance like Covid advice how can they be criticised?
Because Dom Cummings drove to Durham 9 months ago

Duhh
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 pm Why would they want to make themselves look worse than they are? That doesn’t make sense.
They are incompetant at best be hard to make themselves look worse - how can it take 8 months to record some deaths.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 pm
Oiram wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 pm The Government can advise and make the rules. If people ignore them then the Government cannot carry the blame.

Duhh
Don’t be so daft. The majority do not follow what Cummins did , only the weak . Like being told to ‘jump in a lake’ .

You are misguided and foolish to make excuses to break rules and prolong this nightmare. No holidays, work, football, other sport, theatre, concerts all in hold because of Cummins? Poppycock!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:01 pm

Duhh
Don’t be so daft. The majority do not follow what Cummins did , only the weak . Like being told to ‘jump in a lake’ .

You are misguided and foolish to make excuses to break rules and prolong this nightmare. No holidays, work, football, other sport, theatre, concerts all in hold because of Cummins? Poppycock!
Did you not see the photos of Bournemouth beach when we were
supposed to be having a phased return to normal after lockdown .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Lowest number of positives vs tests carried out in percentage term since 19/12. 7.56%
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Cases in my area down from 700 a day to in the 300s now.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 pm
Oiram wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:01 pm

Duhh

Did you not see the photos of Bournemouth beach when we were
supposed to be having a phased return to normal after lockdown .
What was it again half a million people and covid didn't spike? Your point is what?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 am Cases in my area down from 700 a day to in the 300s now.
It is weird how some people will go on about how no one is dying when cases are soaring, then a couple of weeks later go on about the cases coming down when deaths are through the roof.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:13 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 am Cases in my area down from 700 a day to in the 300s now.
It is weird how some people will go on about how no one is dying when cases are soaring, then a couple of weeks later go on about the cases coming down when deaths are through the roof.
I hear ya, but I think we've accepted it's going to be a bit of a bloodbath in the next few weeks and the infections coming down is at least a sign that the deaths will eventually start to drop after that.