Only in the UK

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Only in the UK

Post by Oiram »

Only in the UK will there be a case of 45 people in one day, failing to appear at a Vaccine Centre in Middlesex. The potential waste of vaccines is a disgrace. These , no doubt, prioritised people potentially figures in the death toll. This type of irresponsibility occurs across the NHS daily in various Departments and GP Surgeries.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Only in the UK

Post by Long slender neck »

selfish olds
ClockworkO
Fresh Alias
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by ClockworkO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:35 am selfish olds
They were probably too ill to go.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

ClockworkO wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 am
Or incapable of walking there
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

If so, they will have Carers , GP Services, Transport Services, friends, neighbours, willing to assist. My Mother and Aunt managed to arrange to get to their appointments for the vaccine and are both disabled.

Thousands of GP and Hospital Appointments are wasted annually.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Presently any vaccines are apparently offered to GPs , NHS staff, volunteers, even Domestic Staff and Janitors rather than discard them but the will be a time when it will be .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

A Friends wife went with him to get his
As he is in the at risk , he got his & she was offered
one as well as she was there .
He is 63 she has just turned 60 , she didnt want to
take someone elses but was told we only have 5 more
appointments today & what is left will go to waste .

She sat down & rolled up her sleeve .

If only there was a way to get people near by to
Be told come now & get vaccinated , 1st 10 or 20 etc
Wilp get it as limited numbers
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 am
ClockworkO wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 am
Or incapable of walking there
Or dead already due to government negligence.

Or had something better to do.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Obviously not only in the UK. No shows affect every service and business in every country in the world, usually by a fairly predictable amount which can be factored in to the booking system.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Oiram wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 am Only in the UK will there be a case of 45 people in one day, failing to appear at a Vaccine Centre in Middlesex. The potential waste of vaccines is a disgrace. These , no doubt, prioritised people potentially figures in the death toll. This type of irresponsibility occurs across the NHS daily in various Departments and GP Surgeries.
What pacent (%) does the 45 represent of the total. If it's under 25% they are doing well.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

In fact, a quick Google shows how well th UK compares to other countries (I haven't actually looked at the methodology for both studies to see how well they can be conpared)

https://sites.kowsarpub.com/semj/articles/63238.html

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2019/01/miss ... -millions/
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The vaccination is not mandatory in the UK, so people can decide for themselves what they allow in their own bodies.
Most it seems, want the vaccine, but some dont...they are free to make that choice
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I'm taking mum for hers tomorrow , I've been told I will have to leave her at the door of the University building whilst she queues for her jab and after she has to wait 20 mins before she can leave , I'm very confident someone will look after her as she is quite frail in her 92nd year now but I'm not looking forward to the 30 or 40 minutes wait for her in the predicted rain with nothing around to even get a cup of coffee ☹
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

BIGRON wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 am I'm taking mum for hers tomorrow , I've been told I will have to leave her at the door of the University building whilst she queues for her jab and after she has to wait 20 mins before she can leave , I'm very confident someone will look after her as she is quite frail in her 92nd year now but I'm not looking forward to the 30 or 40 minutes wait for her in the predicted rain with nothing around to even get a cup of coffee ☹
Can you not make he a cup in a thermal cup? A fold up chair would be handy.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Before some of you get on your high horses. I noted on the news last night and this morning, many invitations for jabs are being sent in the post. Great! The postal service is in great disarray at the moment as a lot of the staff are sick. I get a postal delivery about every 7 or 10 days. It especially bad in Thurrock and Romford. I am still awaiting eBay stuff posted in December. Some of it "signed for". If you have chimps running the show, what do you expect?
PS my cousin's daughter is a nurse in Guildford dong jabs. If she gets no shows, she rings Aunts & Uncles and they jump in. (they are all over 80 ). That is initiative.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:31 am The vaccination is not mandatory in the UK, so people can decide for themselves what they allow in their own bodies.
Most it seems, want the vaccine, but some dont...they are free to make that choice
Will you be having one if offered?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

BIGRON wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 am I'm taking mum for hers tomorrow , I've been told I will have to leave her at the door of the University building whilst she queues for her jab and after she has to wait 20 mins before she can leave , I'm very confident someone will look after her as she is quite frail in her 92nd year now but I'm not looking forward to the 30 or 40 minutes wait for her in the predicted rain with nothing around to even get a cup of coffee ☹
Good luck to her Ronnie
Both be safe dont forget your
Hand cleanser & masks .
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Clive Evans wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am Before some of you get on your high horses. I noted on the news last night and this morning, many invitations for jabs are being sent in the post. Great! The postal service is in great disarray at the moment as a lot of the staff are sick. I get a postal delivery about every 7 or 10 days. It especially bad in Thurrock and Romford. I am still awaiting eBay stuff posted in December. Some of it "signed for". If you have chimps running the show, what do you expect?
PS my cousin's daughter is a nurse in Guildford dong jabs. If she gets no shows, she rings Aunts & Uncles and they jump in. (they are all over 80 ). That is initiative.
What do you suggest instead of post then? You will be aware that the most vulnerable group are also the least likely to be active online.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

The phone system was automated in the 1960's, no staff required to connect your call nowadays.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Not really practical though is it. Assuming the NHS even had an up to date phone number for everybody, we've seen through track and trace that contacting people that way doesn't work very well.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

o-no wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:50 am Not really practical though is it. Assuming the NHS even had an up to date phone number for everybody, we've seen through track and trace that contacting people that way doesn't work very well.
You are so negative. Do you not to get back to some normality, or is this your kind of ‘normal?’
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Clive Evans wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am Before some of you get on your high horses. I noted on the news last night and this morning, many invitations for jabs are being sent in the post. Great! The postal service is in great disarray at the moment as a lot of the staff are sick. I get a postal delivery about every 7 or 10 days. It especially bad in Thurrock and Romford. I am still awaiting eBay stuff posted in December. Some of it "signed for". If you have chimps running the show, what do you expect?
Good!
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

All the people that I know that have the jab, have been contacted by telephone. This sending by mail started this week-end. We are in 2021. I don't get this love affair with old technology. The phone is quick, instant & easy.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Clive Evans wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am
Disgrace
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Clive Evans wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:12 pm All the people that I know that have the jab, have been contacted by telephone. This sending by mail started this week-end. We are in 2021. I don't get this love affair with old technology. The phone is quick, instant & easy.
My old ma was a nightmare on the phone, over 80's like her often tend to be a bit Mutt and Jeff