Bye bye Josh.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Re: Bye bye Josh.

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:18 am
Story of O wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:03 am If he wanted to leave could we not have transferred him to Crawley.
I doubt we’d be getting a fee for him.

This way is simpler, both agree to terminate the contract early, we save 6 months money, he can try and be a reality star.
Not how it works - We would have had to pay him at least Three months worth of wages - Early termination through mutual agreement always carries some financial arrangement. Would of thought you or one of your aliases would know that - but then again....
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:03 am
Story of O wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:03 am If he wanted to leave could we not have transferred him to Crawley.

This way is simpler, both agree to terminate the contract early, we save 6 months money, he can try and be a reality star.
Not how it works - We would have had to pay him at least Three months worth of wages - Early termination through mutual agreement always carries some financial arrangement. Would of thought you or one of your aliases would know that - but then again....
Had Wright approached us and said he wanted to end his contract now then no way would he have received three months salary to do so. And if we'd agreed to cancel the contract and let him go that then that's a mutual termination.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Sorry SF but we would have had to pay up a part of his contract - I suspect we approached Wright rather that the other way round, It's in everybodys interest for him to go but there is no way his agent is going to let him walk away with nothing.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Thor wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:47 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:01 pm He won’t have been cheap.

Assuming we’re able to use the money saved on another midfielder, and not simply save Nige and Kent a few bob, this is bloody great news.

All this ‘thanks for your efforts’ and help cared about the club’ is a load of bollocks.
There is no saved wages (not this season anyway) as his contract would be paid up in full.
Not neccessarily in full but there would have been a settlement on his contract for sure.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Where are you getting this from? That's simply not true.

I agree, it may be the norm, that if the employer wants to terminate an employees contract early there is some form of compensation, but it's not in employment or contract law - perhaps there is a legal expert lurking who could confirm or deny this?

More importantly, I'm very interested to know which accounts you think might be linked to me. Come on, let's have it. :D
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 am
Snowyash wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:40 am
Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:11 am

My thought as well.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... wley-josh/
Ha ha, imagine playing Leeds with just 9 men 😂

Didn’t realise his brother was doing a tv show, makes sense he’ll go there for that.
JW was an unused sub against Newport - will be cup tied.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 am Sorry SF but we would have had to pay up a part of his contract - I suspect we approached Wright rather that the other way round, It's in everybodys interest for him to go but there is no way his agent is going to let him walk away with nothing.
From what other people are saying, I suspect you are wrong. It sounds as if Josh has other interests beyond football and it would have been him that instigated this.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:43 am

I agree, it may be the norm, that if the employer wants to terminate an employees contract early there is some form of compensation, but it's not in employment or contract law - perhaps there is a legal expert lurking who could confirm or deny this?

More importantly, I'm very interested to know which accounts you think might be linked to me. Come on, let's have it. :D
I have total Faith that he can’t.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:43 am

If he wanted to go perhaps he had to pay us 3 months wages - surely works both ways!

In reality I’m sure it was mutually agreeable and a win win for both parties.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:45 am
Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 am Sorry SF but we would have had to pay up a part of his contract - I suspect we approached Wright rather that the other way round, It's in everybodys interest for him to go but there is no way his agent is going to let him walk away with nothing.
From what other people are saying, I suspect you are wrong. It sounds as if Josh has other interests beyond football and it would have been him that instigated this.
He has a fitness company with his brother, but that really has nothing to do with him leaving the O's he will still play football but elsewhere. He and his agent are not going to walk away from a gaurenteed six months worth of Salary - Something would have been agreed - probably 3 months.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ok.

Now, how about these aliai?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:56 am Ok.

You make a post Five down on this thread, then on post Six you have posted again but forgot to switch to one of your aliases, "nailed it,mate" embarressing and also noticed by Tuffers further down. -

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6032

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Top of the JES on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

We must get something out of the deal otherwise why let him go. It would cost us more what with his wage plus in theory any potential new player to replace him in the squad
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

POSHO wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:07 am We must get something out of the deal otherwise why let him go. It would cost us more what with his wage plus in theory any potential new player to replace him in the squad
Of course we do but the same for the player - thats why it's mutual.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:07 am

You make a post Five down on this thread, then on post Six you have posted again but forgot to switch to one of your aliases, "nailed it,mate" embarressing and also noticed by Tuffers further down. -

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6032

That doesn't prove anything.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Snowyash wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:37 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:09 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:46 pm To all those saying he wasn't any good for us, I would like to remind them he was top scorer last season
Good luck Josh
So what?
I’m not good at maths but wouldn’t that mean he scored more than the other players we had in the team?

Also means he had the biggest contribution to a positive goal difference, so erm yeah, that’s so what
Really? A whopping 8 goals. Says more about the where the squad was if he was our top scorer with 8 goals.

When you say ‘biggest contribution to a positive goal difference’, do you actually mean we only finished 17th with a -8 GD instead of -16 because of him?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6032

Pathetic. :lol:
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:19 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6032

Can't even see what you're talking about, you're making stuff up now.

So come on, name names - which accounts are mine?
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:33 am

Can't see it :lol: It's right there in front of you try and explain those posts on that thread - were you talking to yourself?

As I said pathetic if you have to have Alias accounts to agree with yourself.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Orient Punxx wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:45 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 am
Ha ha, imagine playing Leeds with just 9 men 😂

Didn’t realise his brother was doing a tv show, makes sense he’ll go there for that.
JW was an unused sub against Newport - will be cup tied.
He will not be cup-tied. The clue is in “unused” sub.

Also if he had an (unofficial) offer from Crawley and he is going straight over to sign a contract there why would Orient have to pay up his contract if he initiated the end of contract?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:38 am

Can't see it :lol: It's right there in front of you try and explain those posts on that thread - were you talking to yourself?

Looks like you're making stuff up to me. Weird.

So come on, name names.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ornchurch wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:39 am
Also if he had an (unofficial) offer from Crawley and he is going straight over to sign a contract there why would Orient have to pay up his contract if he initiated the end of contract?
We have to pay him 3 months salary, apparently.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:43 am
We would have paid him something he would not have left without anything there would have been a financial agreement between both parties on the rest of his contract - He would'nt have to disclose Crawleys Interest to the club, thats between him and his agent.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:42 am
Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:38 am

Looks like you're making stuff up to me. Weird.

So come on, name names.
Pathetic denial the posts exist - nothing made up it's there in black and white Ronnie but you can't explain those posts - Dont wriggle any more you have embarressed yourself enough a grown man with made up aliases to agree with himself on the message board - Sad and Pathetic.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Top of the JES wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:48 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:43 am
We would have paid him something he would not have left without anything there would have been a financial agreement between both parties on the rest of his contract - He would'nt have to disclose Crawleys Interest to the club, thats between him and his agent.
This didn't happen.

Just like the alias stuff you're making up as well.