China

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

China

Post by Dunners »

:~

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: China

Post by Beradogs »

The Chinese government are filth. At least in the 70’s and 80’s Russia were behind the iron curtain and stayed there. Now we have a government that has a list of human rights abuses as long as my arm yet companies whore themselves out on a daily basis. Everything from BMW putting larger grills on their cars because the Chinese like them to the NBA and other sports saying sorry every 5 minutes. Why should we allow China to have any part of modern society. Yes, we can feel sorry for the Chinese people but the government deserves nothing but contempt. Obviously all about money. Sad.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Do you not think that tide has turned? Biden criticised Trump for not being tough enough on China. Macron has said that supply chains will become more french and less Chinese. Plenty of other markets are also turning away.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Disgusting regime who seem to be treated with kid gloves on here compared to Israel.

I wonder why.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

So much f*cked up sh*t happening there, including those camps. The west likes to say “never again” but China seems to have carts
Blanch to commit as many human rights violations as it wants.

Also infiltration several countries by nefarious means. Including ours.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am The west likes to say “never again” but China seems to have carts
While I broadly agree, this is not just a criticism that can be levelled at the 'West'. There are plenty of countries in Islamic regions that are silent on this too.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:25 am The Chinese government are filth. At least in the 70’s and 80’s Russia were behind the iron curtain and stayed there. Now we have a government that has a list of human rights abuses as long as my arm yet companies whore themselves out on a daily basis. Everything from BMW putting larger grills on their cars because the Chinese like them to the NBA and other sports saying sorry every 5 minutes. Why should we allow China to have any part of modern society. Yes, we can feel sorry for the Chinese people but the government deserves nothing but contempt. Obviously all about money. Sad.
You would be strung up for saying that in China.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am So much f*cked up sh*t happening there, including those camps. The west likes to say “never again” but China seems to have carts

People here in UK lauding their handling of Covid.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

If you have Money or Power or both you can do want you want, its always been that way. Whether an individual or corporation or state. China can do what it wants because of its size and the threat it poses .Saudi Arabia is oil rich, which the world still needs, so can do what it wants. Russia has nukes, is an autocracy which freaks people out and gets to do what it wants. The US has power because for sometime, although that time is coming to an end, has been able to create wealth as it status and infrastructure was not hampered by being at the centre of two costly World Wars which decimated the old powers. Many other examples available.
Last edited by The Mindsweep on Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

The simple fact is, people want cheap stuff and the Chinese oblige by using their dubious labour force. The amount of stuff British " manufacturers " get made in China is amazing from Woollen pullovers to Hornby trains, not to mention Christmas orange and lemon slices. Time to put pressure of British manufacturers.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Oiram wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:37 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 am So much f*cked up sh*t happening there, including those camps. The west likes to say “never again” but China seems to have carts

People here in UK lauding their handling of Covid.
As much as our handling of it has been a farce, copying the chinese would never have worked here.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Clive Evans wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:41 am The simple fact is, people want cheap stuff and the Chinese oblige by using their dubious labour force. The amount of stuff British " manufacturers " get made in China is amazing from Woollen pullovers to Hornby trains, not to mention Christmas orange and lemon slices. Time to put pressure of British manufacturers.
To do what? There is absolutely no way we can produce 'cheap stuff' cheaper than them, it would be a fool's errand to even try.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Race to the bottom, baby.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

0-no said:- To do what? There is absolutely no way we can produce 'cheap stuff' cheaper than them, it would be a fool's errand to even try.

I say, I never realised that the UK & China were the only 2 countries in the World!
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I challenge youse to repeat the criticisms of China on Twitter and see what happens.

I did it a few months ago and there was an avalanche of propagandists putting me right on a few things I got wrong.

It was an interesting experiment to uncover the resource put into social media manipulation.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Its also interesting that Twitter hasn't flagged that tweet like it hastily did (and rightly so) with Trumps misinformation.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:33 am Do you not think that tide has turned? Biden criticised Trump for not being tough enough on China. Macron has said that supply chains will become more french and less Chinese. Plenty of other markets are also turning away.
''Macron has said that supply chains will become more french and less Chinese. Plenty of other markets are also turning away.''
Really ? Dont tell that to the EU !!
China and EU poised to sign long-delayed investment deal
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... tment-deal

Deal set to anger incoming Biden administration in US, which demanded to be consulted before deal went ahead.
China is already ranked as the EU’s second-largest trading partner, with two-way goods commerce valued at more than €1bn a day.
China and the EU appear to have resolved their differences over protecting labour rights in China and are set to sign a long-delayed investment agreement on Wednesday likely to make the economies of the two blocs more interdependent.
The investment talks have centred on opening up Chinese markets for European investment, as well as addressing Chinese practices opposed by the EU concerning industrial subsidies, state control of enterprises and forced technology transfers.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:20 am
Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:33 am Do you not think that tide has turned? Biden criticised Trump for not being tough enough on China. Macron has said that supply chains will become more french and less Chinese. Plenty of other markets are also turning away.
''Macron has said that supply chains will become more french and less Chinese. Plenty of other markets are also turning away.''

Deal set to anger incoming Biden administration in US, which demanded to be consulted before deal went ahead.
China is already ranked as the EU’s second-largest trading partner, with two-way goods commerce valued at more than €1bn a day.
China and the EU appear to have resolved their differences over protecting labour rights in China and are set to sign a long-delayed investment agreement on Wednesday likely to make the economies of the two blocs more interdependent.
The investment talks have centred on opening up Chinese markets for European investment, as well as addressing Chinese practices opposed by the EU concerning industrial subsidies, state control of enterprises and forced technology transfers.
I have to admit that I'm perplexed by that.

China is overly dependant on growth but, due to its previous One Child policy has an appalling demographic profile. Therefore it needs to export to economies that can sustain consumer-led growth. But the EU just doesn't fit that bill. Aside from France, the rest of the EU either has a collapsing youth profile or is skint. And France has one of the least open economies in the West with the ability to generate consumer-led growth in its internal markets, so really doesn't need China.

If I was being cynical I'd almost be inclined to think that this was an act of sabotage, whereby Macron is willing to risk a trade war between the US and the EU just to f*** over Germany. 2021 could get even more tasty yet.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Any mention of China, apart from the Corvid 19, I think of the image below. More unrest in Hong Kong now.

https://imageproxy.themaven.net//https% ... 198274.jpg

Poor bloke was only on his way back from Lidl.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:39 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:20 am

I have to admit that I'm perplexed by that.

China is overly dependant on growth but, due to its previous One Child policy has an appalling demographic profile. Therefore it needs to export to economies that can sustain consumer-led growth. But the EU just doesn't fit that bill. Aside from France, the rest of the EU either has a collapsing youth profile or is skint. And France has one of the least open economies in the West with the ability to generate consumer-led growth in its internal markets, so really doesn't need China.

If I was being cynical I'd almost be inclined to think that this was an act of sabotage, whereby Macron is willing to risk a trade war between the US and the EU just to f*** over Germany. 2021 could get even more tasty yet.
No matter the hardships that may happen as a result of leaving the EU, pleased to be out of it and get back to being our own sovereign nation.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:10 am I challenge youse to repeat the criticisms of China on Twitter and see what happens.

I did it a few months ago and there was an avalanche of propagandists putting me right on a few things I got wrong.

It was an interesting experiment to uncover the resource put into social media manipulation.
Link?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

wonder if you can access this forum from china?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:24 pm wonder if you can access this forum from china?
Reported
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

not once they read this!
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am
Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:10 am I challenge youse to repeat the criticisms of China on Twitter and see what happens.

Link?
Oh no. That won't be happening. I don't want RW wingnuts from here anywhere near my Twatting account. Why are you trying to trash my human rights?