Back to football

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

DanishO
Fresh Alias

Back to football

Post by DanishO »

Hi guys

Greetings from sunny Denmark to you all ..

What do you boys reckon we can do the rest of the season ? so many positive things this season , i hope and pray for a play off place and anything can happen, fingers crossed.

Cannot describe how much i miss my flights to UK to watch the lads.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Back to football

Post by Max B Gold »

Yes. I too long for the heartbreak of the play offs.
DanishO
Fresh Alias

Post by DanishO »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:51 pm Yes. I too long for the heartbreak of the play offs.
Gotta have hope and faith right ;)
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

7th is doable

10th is probable
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

With nearly half the season gone we are only 4 points from the top (6/7 if you allow for games played) so promotion is a possibility and certainly will be target within the club. We have good goal scorers and perhaps with Akinola have improved our defence. One concern would be that yesterday Danny Senda did not have the confidence to use any substitutes until the last few minutes despite Salford having brought on 3
Walthamsto
Fresh Alias

Post by Walthamsto »

Play offs are a possibility, but so is lower mid table.
DanishO
Fresh Alias

Post by DanishO »

Harlow wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:17 pm With nearly half the season gone we are only 4 points from the top (6/7 if you allow for games played) so promotion is a possibility and certainly will be target within the club. We have good goal scorers and perhaps with Akinola have improved our defence. One concern would be that yesterday Danny Senda did not have the confidence to use any substitutes until the last few minutes despite Salford having brought on 3
Totally agree with your comments, btw do we have Akinola for the full season ?

Yes, saw that as well ...
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

DanishO wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:07 pm
Harlow wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:17 pm With nearly half the season gone we are only 4 points from the top (6/7 if you allow for games played) so promotion is a possibility and certainly will be target within the club. We have good goal scorers and perhaps with Akinola have improved our defence. One concern would be that yesterday Danny Senda did not have the confidence to use any substitutes until the last few minutes despite Salford having brought on 3

https://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/ ... ls-6879352

Until I saw this I thought Akinola was the whole season
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Like someone intimated the other day, if we did not have Johnson, it could be a different snapshot now.
DanishO
Fresh Alias

Post by DanishO »

Harlow wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:11 pm
DanishO wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:07 pm

https://www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk/ ... ls-6879352

Until I saw this I thought Akinola was the whole season
Thomas can go but Akinola will be vital ..thanx for letting me know mate
DanishO
Fresh Alias

Post by DanishO »

Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:19 pm Like someone intimated the other day, if we did not have Johnson, it could be a different snapshot now.

Conor is doing well so if he can add some more together with DJ , it’s looking good in that area
WGC O
Fresh Alias

Post by WGC O »

As long as Sam Ling and Lee Angol are kept in the side and we keeping winning, automatic promotion is guaranteed.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Oiram and DanishO, are surely one and the same!
DanishO
Fresh Alias

Post by DanishO »

cockhat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:05 pm Oiram and DanishO, are surely one and the same!
? Why are you saying that ??
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

My under 12 team won today and moved up to 2nd in the league, still remain unbeaten all season. It was certainly good to get back out on the pitch and let the kids enjoy themselves which both teams did.

However, with restrictions in place both teams were short of 7 players. I lost one as he can’t move across tiers, and three more as their parents would t let them play at this time. The other team had 3 out as their parents would t let them play either at this time. Fully understandable in the current climate and all decisions were the correct ones for their families.

A lot of teams are certainly having the same issues with parents not letting their kids play at present, in my mind the biggest issue is the conflict between government advice and The FA advice, I’m told an urgent meeting is to be made tomorrow so as to bring clarity to the current position for youth football.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:14 pm My under 12 team won today and moved up to 2nd in the league, still remain unbeaten all season. It was certainly good to get back out on the pitch and let the kids enjoy themselves which both teams did.

However, with restrictions in place both teams were short of 7 players. I lost one as he can’t move across tiers, and three more as their parents would t let them play at this time. The other team had 3 out as their parents would t let them play either at this time. Fully understandable in the current climate and all decisions were the correct ones for their families.

A lot of teams are certainly having the same issues with parents not letting their kids play at present, in my mind the biggest issue is the conflict between government advice and The FA advice, I’m told an urgent meeting is to be made tomorrow so as to bring clarity to the current position for youth football.
my daughters football coaching has been suspended until the kids are back at school (we're in tier 4). I thought Kids can't meet up outside (might be wrong on that) so don't see how earth they can play football matches if that's the case.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Just got a whatsapp on my sons U18's. All games for the next 2 weekends off but training is permitted at present, but an announcement is expected.